Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 29, 2001

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction features a new act and 2 new character classes, the Assassin and the Druid, as well as new items.

Patch 1.13 is SortaKindaAlmostLive! (it's in Beta)

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By matthew

Alright, so Blizzard has figured out it might as well put some type of crumbs out there for its loyal users to devour instantaneously , and here it is.   

It's the Beta patch (1.13) of game that  came out 9 years ago...  linked

I've pasted the changes here, for those who are too lazy to even click the link.  There's some info by the Blizzard team on the actual thread, but this is the meat and potatoes of it all.  Sad thing is they took out the expanded inventory space, but there are a couple things that are nifty. 

Hydra for a fire sorc is now a viable option 
    You are allowed 1 saved total respec of a character 
    Iron Maiden can no longer be casted by Oblivion Knights 

**EDIT** For some reason, it looks like I can't paste all the info down here, so just go ahead and clicky the linky

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

I feel old now.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EvilTwin

That all sounds pretty awesome.  Better drop rate on high runes!

threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By threeve

Hmm, I always wanted to make to use Hydra/Orb on my sorcs - tried orb with inferno (sucked), and firewall (slow killing frost immunes), and neither were near as good as meteorb, maybe I'll crank up D2 again sometime and try it out.

I guess Iron Maiden was more of an annoyance than a challenge, but that will sure make Diablo runs a lot easier.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By DragoonKain1687

Im on the Beta for it now. 
    Basically you have to activate some sort of Beta server, by reinitializing the Battlenet servers. Then it will update to 1.13, but this wont work on the other realms, which means, that to go to US. West, you would have to update again, and vice versa. 

The good thing is that currently, cheats are enabled, so you can test the changes right off the bat. 

Just open the chat box and type:

level X (where X is the desired level)
    waypoints 1 (adds all waypoints)
    gold x (max 900000 or it resets to 0)

Whats also cool is the new fix for the res, so for those of us with widescreen monitors, we can now have it like in the old days :D

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By august

There's a really awesome high resolution patch but only for offline.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By matthew
    @pontovsk: I didn't bother with the patch in the PTR, but as long as Iron Maiden is no longer a real hassle in hell mode for Diablo runs, I'm a happy Barbarian.  Plus, they basically killed the Hammerdin, which is kinda cool.  Make other people try out other classes and such.  But I'm really bummed about the lack of inventory expansion...  

In other news, the patch is actually going live (as well as a ladder reset) as a required download on the  . . . .  23rd of March.  Tuesday.  Link

P.S. Welcome to GiantBomb!  I hope you find your stay a lovely one.  Just make sure to check out some awesome fabulous amazing videos, and you're good to go!
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

O_O 

Blizz is still supporting Diablo II? 

THIS is why they are one of the best developers around!  Well, that and the fact that they make virtual crack!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.