Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

challenge: nearly naked/rare only run through on D3

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By fox01313

Thought of this while looking for the Staff of Herding items & loosely tied to the reputation grind runs done in WoW where myself & friends would get a high level character, then ditch all equipment aside from storage items, go to a starting area for faction you needed reputation for, then proceed to mow through the early quests for the reputation using primarily your skills with starting level gear (or just quest rewards). So here goes as a way of making D3 more interesting & I know I'll try this later myself then post some of the results.

Rules:

• You're stuck with the starting equipment of your character & you can only equip rare or better items.
    • You can craft the rare items or when playing with friends you can trade rare items for rare items if you can't use them (or you have better items already equipped).
    • Using blue quality magic items is fine for your followers, otherwise they are only going to be used for crafting or sell them.
    • Auction house off limits for this challenge.
    • Probably best for non-hardcore mode starting a new character & someone who's beaten the game once (so you can have fun with this challenge).
    • Have fun & stop when you get stuck or whenever.

(edit-in hindsight while keeping crafting inventory separate from the shared chest & using the wizard game is excessively slow but looks like anyone wanting to try this alone will have to rerun earlier bits a few times as the skeleton king is quite tough)

Gilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Gilsham

there is achievements in D3 for naked boss kills =P

DONOvon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DONOvon

Is there.How could that happened?I want to know more.I will keep an close eye on this thread.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By gamefreak9

@Gilsham said:

there is achievements in D3 for naked boss kills =P

On hell difficulty :P.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.