Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Diablo III for Consoles - Any Interest?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Edited By Seppli

Poll Diablo III for Consoles - Any Interest? (218 votes)

Yes. For PS3. First time buyer. 6%
    Yes. For PS3. Already own PC version. 7%
    Yes. For 360. First time buyer. 5%
    Yes. For 360. Already own PC version. 6%
    Yes. For PS4. First time buyer. 4%
    Yes. For PS4. Already own PC version. 6%
    Yes. For Xbox One. First time buyer. 0%
    Yes. For Xbox One. Already own PC version. 1%
    No. PC version is all I need. 33%
    No. No interest in Diablo III whatsoever. 25%
    Show results! 7%

Diablo III is soon coming out on consoles. First on current gen, soon after on new gen.

The console versions promise to alleviate key complaints players had with the PC original, such as the removal of the RMAH (Real Money Auction House) and all that plagued the game because of it (horrid drop chances for useful loot for your character, necessity to play the auction house etc.). Or the introduction of 4-player local coop.

In many ways, Diablo III on consoles might turn out to be the superior version of the game, especially on new gen consoles, where we're bound to see an increase in overall fidelity, rather than it being downscaled. One million particles on screen anyone?

All that said, are you interested in the console version of Diablo III? What version? And if not, why not?

• 
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Seppli

Assuming Blizzard announces the first addon at GamesCom, and that it'll be bundled with the next gen version of the game, I could be interested in playing Diablo III on PS4.

It'll likely look better than the PC version and offer a more fun balance due to the RMAH removal. Might even be more fun to control with a gamepad with its direct controls and the addition of active evasion.

So yeah, I'm down for more Diablo III on new gen consoles. I am done with the PC version, but the console version might manage to rope me back in.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

I might pick up the X1 version next year. I actually thought this game was PS exclusive, console wise, up until a couple weeks ago. Sony made it seem like they were getting it exclusively at that reveal back in Feb or Jan.

But I'm really not in any rush. Every single IRL friend I have who has it, 5 guys off the top of my head, have all been massively disappointed with the game. And it's a sentiment shared across the web. I realize it won't be anywhere near D2 so my standards are pretty low, but I still realize I will most likely get some enjoyment out of it. I don't want to give Blizzard money though, so I'll just get it used.

EDIT: Bah, I meant to pick the X1 version.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By StarvingGamer

I still don't get the idea that RMAH=bad drops.

Do people not remember running farm bots for days in D2 to get a single useful item?

The only difference in D3 is that now there's an option for people with more money than time.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I'll be willing to give it a go. Should make for a lot of fun in coop. I'll be going with the PS3 version more than likely, though I may decide to wait until I can play it on the PS4. Depends on how well of a port they manage for the PS3.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aetheldod

Nope ... played it didnt liked it ... coming to consoles does nothing for me either

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Maybe to play with some console friends that don't play any PC games but I played through Diablo 3 enough times to never want to look at it again.

Juzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I still don't get the idea that RMAH=bad drops.

Do people not remember running farm bots for days in D2 to get a single useful item?

The only difference in D3 is that now there's an option for people with more money than time.

I can get better gear in a day of D2 farming than I did in 3 months of D3 farming. Not to mention the gear actually has fun stats to play with. Unlike the barebones WoW levelling gear in D3.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I admit, the idea of local co-op is mildly tempting, but I got most of what I needed out of that game with one playthrough on PC. Games that are based on random color-coded loot are something I can only deal with in short bursts and the idea of playing that game again on three higher difficulty settings with way more required grinding seems like the opposite of fun for me.

I guess the benefit of it being on consoles is the assurance that it'll be dirt cheap used in a couple of months instead of eternally being $60 like it will on PC.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@seppli: I don't know what would give you the idea that D3 would look better on PS4 than it would on max settings on the PC. I really doubt that Blizzard was holding back higher quality textures or particle effects, that somehow couldn't be handled by PCs but are totally fine on PS4 and XB1.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Seppli

@bisonhero said:

@seppli: I don't know what would give you the idea that D3 would look better on PS4 than it would on max settings on the PC. I really doubt that Blizzard was holding back higher quality textures or particle effects, that somehow couldn't be handled by PCs but are totally fine on PS4 and XB1.

Opposed to PC, they don't have to consider scalability at all on PS4 and Xbox One. If they want to max out the machines with bells and whistles, nothing's stopping them.

The PC version was never meant to max out the best of PCs. It was built to run smoothly on a as broad as possible hardware base. The recommended specs for Diablo III are way lower than the capabilities of the new generation of consoles.

So yeah, I can imagine Blizzard adding a substantial amount of bells and whistles to the PS4 and Xbox One versions of Diablo III. Likely those bells and whistles will be added to the PC version with the inevitable addon, but will also go hand-in-hand with an increase of recommended specs.

Either way, low-fi PC players will soon feel a little left out.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By phrosnite

Nein

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm interested in trying it out on consoles because a friend of mine hasn't played it yet and he owns a PS3. I've been persuading him on getting it so we can do four player co-op together with two of our friends on the couch. Seems like a cool idea.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Bleh. I'm already done with the game. I see no reason to level another 60, and definitely not on a console. My gaming setup makes the PC by far the most accessible gaming machine, so I prefer that 9 times out of 10.

mindgarden418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really see them adding a great deal to make console versions look better. This would cost more money than porting it and just giving it max PC settings at 1080p with some MSAA. Hopefully I'm wrong but they'll be looking to maximize profit at as much as possible.

I'm done with the game myself, it was alright but ultimately disappointing. The art direction and everything just wasn't my cup of tea after Diablo and Diablo 2, but that's just me.

Laksa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who bought 4 copies of the game on launch day to share with friends, please don't waste your money buying this game.

Play something good, like torchlight, or path of exile.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If it came out on a Vita, fuck yes.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we get a confirmation that the game itself has been fixed, then I will have interest in it.

By fixed, I mean "won't have an artificially assfucked gear quality & dropchance".

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By morningstar

No, Im not paying money for that horseshit twice.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

It sounds like a version of D3 that fixes the issues I had with it, mainly the often very hitchy gameplay and the seeming inability to ever find useful gear. Still, I don't think I care enough. One character through Inferno was probably enough for me. I find Diablo-style RPGs to be boring nowadays; my mind zones out and everything becomes automatic and easy. Good games for listening to podcasts but not much else.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Considering how short the overall game is on PC at launch & figuring that they haven't fixed that part of it. I know if I was getting Diablo 3 now on consoles I'd be feeling quite ripped off, especially with Torchlight 1 going to the 360 Live Arcade & feeling like it was longer in story & had more diversity to it for less than $15 (if I remember the price right).

Metzo_Paino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could someone give me a summary on how Diablo 3 is these days? A few months ago someone said that you can pick up amazing look from the RMAH for next to nothing.

Having paid full price for it I keep meaning to go back, but I never do.

If I hadn't picked it up on Mac I could see it being a good time sink for a new PS4.

ArcadeHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By ArcadeHero

I'll probably pick it up on the PS4, it will probably be a great local multiplayer game.

Should also mention that it still hasn't been announced for Xbox One.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Given that I never played it on Pc, sure I'm interested in picking it up. I'll probably wait to get it on my next gen console of choice though.

Frumpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Frumpa

Unlike most people who seem to hate D3 PC, I absolutely love it and have racked up close to 300 hours over all my 5 toons. (love all the classes) I see no real reason to play again on consoles ... only just got to Hell difficulty with all toons - think i'll forge forward on PC. Also the folks that say the game is "so" short. Nope. Maybe its my desire to loot every chest and check every corner but this is at least a 15-20 hour campaign ... and as I said above, for me its turned out around 300 hours.

richprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By richprice

I plan to get it on ps4

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Not at all. I liked Diablo 3 fine on PC, but it didn't have the staying power and addictiveness of its predecessors. There's really no reason for me to buy it again.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My option is: Yes for pc only if they patch the controller support into it (I already own the game).

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Nope, played through it once and then I bought Torchlight 2. I'm good.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know, everybody loved the game for like a month, and then everybody dogged it out and called it terrible. I never played any of them so i'm weary.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diablo III did not live to the hype, and the launch problems were inexcusable for a giant company like Blizzard. It's still a fun game though, all the classes are a blast to play and the fact that you can respec your skills anytime you want is absolutely brilliant. I would definitely recommend it to anyone, whether you get it on console or PC. Oh and if local co-op is your thing, then I think this must be a mandatory console purchase.

Cantaloup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 hour video of Penny Arcade playing 4-player local co-op on PS3:

Loading Video...

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Played 80 hours on PC and have no interest in touching it again in any format.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

No, played it on PC and it's a bad game.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The only things I didn't like about D3 were the AH and the non-randomized dungeons. I found myself skipping areas I knew were dead ends after a while. Torchlight 2 got my back though.

RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I really want is a new expansion for the PC with controller support (oh how I hate RSI).

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

lol xbox one results.

briggs713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm down for a second purchase on PS4. Local co-op sounds great and I agree the AH and sparse item drops ruined the longevity. In all versions, I truly hope they adopt something akin to Torchlight 2's map works. Played that for the first time last night and its a great idea.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very much so. I played the PC version quite a bit but am excited for an AH-less, controller-supporting version. Local co-op will be a plus as well.

I'll likely be there day 1 for the PS4 version.

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already got Diablo III for consoles May last year, don't need another.

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Friends and I already have it ordered for 360. Most of my friends are not PC gamers except for World of Warcraft. All are looking forward to Diablo 3 on the console. Frankly, this is one PC game that I would say is NOT superior due to the mouse and keyboard. Yeah, menus might be better on PC but having direct control of your character is going to make this game feel right at home on the console. Not to mention better loot drops and no RMAH.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By sins_of_mosin

From the videos I've been checking out, the console version is going to be a lot better then the PC one. Better controls for me is the reason why I'm excited. Then you have the improved loot drop system and offline play bitches!

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Blizzard deleted my account because it was hacked. I bought the game, played it for two weeks pretty frequently. Then stopped to play other games. Kind of forgot about it, and then I got an email telling me I was a bad person. They then told me they deleted my account, along with all my games. And that if I wanted to play again I would have to buy the game again. Then there tech support refused to help me. Or rather just didn't give a crap. And what was BS was that I had all the extra security on my account. Just thinking about it now I am getting upset again.

And I was going to buy this for PS4, until I just remembered that. So, fuck you Blizzard.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#45  Edited By Video_Game_King

Those commercials sure are....something.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll buy D3 for like 5 bucks some day.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be better on 360 than it was on PC, so I'm excited for the 360 version. Hate playing games on a computer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.