Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Disney Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 03, 2013

Journey back through the mysterious Castle of Illusion in this remake of one of Mickey Mouse's earliest 2D platforming adventures.

Dissapointing Quicklook run

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JazGalaxy

I had high hopes for the Quicklook of Castle Of Illusion, because positive Quicklooks can sell units and I want this game to do well. I already made a post about my gushing review, and I saw another guy had positive things to say about it as well.

I just wanted to comment that, in the quicklook, Brad had to DUCK under the boxing glove. Watching him continually try to jump over it was like watching someone convinced they had to jump over the flagpole in mario, and not move on until they did it. I was afraid that maybe he had just never done the ducking motion before, but then he did it numerous times on the first two levels. he just didn't think to do it, and Jeff hadn't played enough of it to know it was possible.

In the end, I entreat you to give this game a shot if it looked at all interesting to you. I want to see more games like this and possibly more games in the series. yes, the jumping is floaty, but it was floaty in the original as well. As far as it being laggy, as they went to great lengths to show, it simply is never intended to be used the way they were trying to use it. My girlfriend who rarely ever plays games was able to handle the jumping, so one would think anyone with any game experience would be fine with it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Brad stinking up gameplay in a quick look? That never happens. Oh, wait:

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By csl316

I get bummed when cool smaller games don't come across well, but alas... what happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Informing users to give games that may appear to have been dismissed by the staff a chance is fine. However, creating a thread that primarily is about why one staff member played a game wrong or poorly is not the sort of discussion we want to encourage on the site. As a result I'm locking this thread.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.