Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Divekick

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

Rising to prominence through the American fighting game community, Divekick is an indie fighting game that distills the controls into two simple buttons, requiring clever strategy as players try to score the first hit with their divekick attack!

Who's going to be your main character?

• 63 results
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

Poll Who's going to be your main character? (238 votes)

Dive 7%
    Dr. Shoals 11%
    Jefailey 3%
    Kenny 3%
    Kick 18%
    Kung Pao 3%
    MarkMan 4%
    Mr. N 8%
    Redacted 6%
    S-Kill 8%
    Stream 2%
    The Baz 4%
    Uncle Sensei 3%
    Show me the answers 20%

Now that we're only a month away from having Divekick on our consoles, who's play-style are you leaning towards? Have you played Divekick at a convention and liked one character in particular?

I like the look of high jumping traditional divekickers like Mr. N and Redacted. Out of those two I'm going to go for Mr. N. I do want to try and get good with Jefailey though, he looks hilarious to play as.

• 
    dr_ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By dr_ryan

Mr. N is my fave right now, he seems to be the best for baiting out your opponent then punishing.

shikon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i'm going to show Kerahime whats up and play The Baz all the time.

RyokuSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I apologize, I never really got how to read one of these charts. How do you read these?

Kerahime posted up what he believes the current match-up chart to be. Even though he has only had a limited time with a game, he made an incredibly strong showing at Evo by making it to the Grand Finals in the winner's bracket, completely dismantling Adelheid Stark's otherwise dominant S-Kill with near triple-fraud in the top 8.

No Caption Provided

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By davidwitten22

I play Jefailey, aka the 2nd worst character in the game according to that chart. I'm ok with that, I feel comfortable with him and since I watched UFGT9 and saw King of Bums beating people with Jefailey I knew that's who I wanted to play.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#55  Edited By StarvingGamer

@ryokusonic: The left-most column is the character you are playing as, and the top row is your opponent.

For example, the first character on the left side is Dive. If you then start reading across his row, you'll see that under Kick is the number 4. This means that when you are playing Dive against another Kick, assuming you both are of equivalent skill level, you have a 4/10 chance of winning. Likewise, if you go down to Kick's row and look across to the column under Dive, you'll see that Kick has a 6/10 chance of beating Dive.

Finally, the column at the end is an overall score for the character. Given a total of 11 non-mirror matchups and even odds being a 5/10 chance of winning, any character with a score over 55 is going to be generally favored whereas any character with a score under 55 is going to be generally unfavored. Of course the higher the score, the better.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kick

Because his moves make the most sense to me, and he's west Philadelphia born and raised, and the playground spending most of his days. And i can respect that

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I don't know how I ended up maining the character who is presumably the worst in the game (S-Kill).

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mainly Redacted, with Shoals and Kick as my backups.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've mostly been playing Mr N. The matchup chart seems pretty accurate, all of my losses have been against Shoals players.

wishful_starrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By wishful_starrr

Kick. Dat Purp

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DystopiaX

Kick with a pocket Baz for when I feel like fucking around or I'm facing another Baz, because I haven't figured out the Kick-Baz matchup and am doing surprisingly ok with a Baz mirror.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petiew said:

I've mostly been playing Mr N. The matchup chart seems pretty accurate, all of my losses have been against Shoals players.

I don't play much N but I find the key against Shoals in any matchup is to try to stay under her as much as possible, as her kicks tend to require a lot of space to work well.

RyokuSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: Alright I see now, I was first confused on how 2 of the same character match-ups would have different numbers but they were ratios. Thanks

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thdemn: Jeffaley is really good until you fight someone with the yolo gem

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.