Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 13, 2016

In a world with health regeneration and cover-based systems, one of the longest-running first-person shooter series returns to its brutal, fast-paced roots.

My opinion may be bad to others (so beware?).

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

When we hear news of Doom 4 in the future, I hope they take the route Visceral Games did with Dead Space 2, and make the "Marine" talk, only to give us a more in depth story than what we've ever seen before in a doom game. Some may not think the way I thought when I first played Doom 3, but I loved the atmosphere Id created (largely at the beginning). Three things I feel need to be in Doom 4 to make sure I don't lose interest when it comes time to play it, is a great sci-fi/horror atmosphere, a more story driven experience, and while not needed, I would love it if the Doom marine had a personality. So basically... Doom needs more Dead Space, but in its own Doom-y way. So anyone have this game on their mind as well? I only thought about it because I just installed it again on Steam, and since it's done, I've got to go play it. Bye. 

-- Edit: 
    Oh, whoops. I just read that Doom 4's not a sequel to Doom 3 story wise, and it's supposed to be more like the older Dooms and not so much horror themed like three was. Huh.  

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By blueduck

What Doom 4 needs is to not use super obvious triggers that spawn the same imp over and over again. 30 min into Doom 3 i was just blindly firing into corners and killing everything =( 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.