Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Bioware: Dragon Age II Is Done

• 72 results
    TOYBOXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

Edited By TOYBOXX
    No Caption Provided

Mark Darrah, Bioware executive producer, announced on the Bioware forums that the Dragon Age team has moved on “ to the next phase of Dragon Age’s future”, suggesting that upcoming Dragon Age II DLC has been cancelled. And from the sounds of things Bioware will be patching up any inconsistencies for Dragon Age II and simply moving forward.

“While we will still be keeping an eye out for any issues that might crop up in DAII and supporting the community should any emergencies should arise, we’re moving the entire team’s focus to the next phase of Dragon Age’s future.”

Responding to complaints of this decision, in particular the lack of development for the main character Hawke, Darrah explains that they wanted to continue his story but was forced to move on.

“We will try to bring some closure to Hawke’s story but likely not in a playable form. Originally we had planned to do an expansion pack but had to stop to focus on what we are working on now.”

Could Hawke’s story conclude in Dragon Age III? Where the franchise will go from here is anyone’s guess, but what is made clear Bioware wants to continue to make good games by looking to the past for fresh ideas and to hear from the community.

“However, what I can say is that we’ve been thinking a lot about Dragon Age – what it means, and where it could go. This past year, we’ve spent a lot of time both going back to the “BioWare vault” of games and re-examining them, and looking at some new possibilities that today’s industry allows.”

“With that, the next thing for the Dragon Age team members and I to do is hear from you, and not just on the forums, or Facebook, or Twitter. We’ll be attending a number of conventions and gatherings, including PAX East in April. The most valuable thing we can get out of those meetings is to hear from you on those same topics – what does Dragon Age mean to you, and where would you like to see it go? We’re excited to hear what you have to say!”

As of late, anyone can see that Dragon Age, as a brand, has been dwindling for a few years now. Of course, since it's inception, complaints began to spark ranging from a stripped-down battle system, to the sheer fact that the exploration never expanded beyond the main setting in Dragon Age II – Kirkwall.

What is relieving to here, however, is that Bioware wants to do right by the fans to encourage an open dialogue, in person, as they did in the Guild Summit, to bounce back some community feedback to what they would like to see in future installments of the Dragon Age franchise.

Source: Joystiq

TOYBOXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TOYBOXX
    No Caption Provided

Mark Darrah, Bioware executive producer, announced on the Bioware forums that the Dragon Age team has moved on “ to the next phase of Dragon Age’s future”, suggesting that upcoming Dragon Age II DLC has been cancelled. And from the sounds of things Bioware will be patching up any inconsistencies for Dragon Age II and simply moving forward.

“While we will still be keeping an eye out for any issues that might crop up in DAII and supporting the community should any emergencies should arise, we’re moving the entire team’s focus to the next phase of Dragon Age’s future.”

Responding to complaints of this decision, in particular the lack of development for the main character Hawke, Darrah explains that they wanted to continue his story but was forced to move on.

“We will try to bring some closure to Hawke’s story but likely not in a playable form. Originally we had planned to do an expansion pack but had to stop to focus on what we are working on now.”

Could Hawke’s story conclude in Dragon Age III? Where the franchise will go from here is anyone’s guess, but what is made clear Bioware wants to continue to make good games by looking to the past for fresh ideas and to hear from the community.

“However, what I can say is that we’ve been thinking a lot about Dragon Age – what it means, and where it could go. This past year, we’ve spent a lot of time both going back to the “BioWare vault” of games and re-examining them, and looking at some new possibilities that today’s industry allows.”

“With that, the next thing for the Dragon Age team members and I to do is hear from you, and not just on the forums, or Facebook, or Twitter. We’ll be attending a number of conventions and gatherings, including PAX East in April. The most valuable thing we can get out of those meetings is to hear from you on those same topics – what does Dragon Age mean to you, and where would you like to see it go? We’re excited to hear what you have to say!”

As of late, anyone can see that Dragon Age, as a brand, has been dwindling for a few years now. Of course, since it's inception, complaints began to spark ranging from a stripped-down battle system, to the sheer fact that the exploration never expanded beyond the main setting in Dragon Age II – Kirkwall.

What is relieving to here, however, is that Bioware wants to do right by the fans to encourage an open dialogue, in person, as they did in the Guild Summit, to bounce back some community feedback to what they would like to see in future installments of the Dragon Age franchise.

Source: Joystiq

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Dragon Age has been dwindling for a few years? The first game came out 29 months ago. The franchise began dwindling before it was ever created? The fuck are they even- Joystiq is ran by a bunch of dopes. Christ.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Simplexity

Thank fuck for that, oh wait that means there will be more Dragon Age games? God damnit.

They should have stopped at Origins.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

I just don't get how they're baffled and need guidance from their customers. You already *made* something fantastic that everyone who played (maybe moreso on the PC) enjoyed. Origins. Look at that. Make more of that. You did a fine job on most of the writing in Dragon Age 2. Don't need to change that. It's not complicated...

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By falling_fast

I'm not really terribly interested anymore. But I might change my mind, depending on the direction the developers decide to take this game.

basically what you said

thetrusammael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thetrusammael

Dragon Age : Origins was amazing. Dragon Age 2 - was abysmal. Mass Effect - was incredible. Mass Effect 2 - removed some of the RPG elements I liked in 1, but overall was an improvement. Mass Effect 3 - has failed every single expectation I have had for it. Dragon Age 2 isn't done... Bioware is done. I will get my fill of Mass Effect 3, possibly check out the DLC, and then call it quits with their games. Thanks alot EA... I am pretty sure this is your doing.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By donkeycow

Dragon Age 2 wasn't released 4 months after the first... But i am glad to hear they have decided to drop Dragon Age 2 and are working on a sequel. I'm also optimistic that they are looking back for inspiration since with DA2 they were looking forward and that did not turn out well.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Jams
    @thetrusammael
    Dragon Age : Origins was amazing. Dragon Age 2 - was abysmal. Mass Effect - was incredible. Mass Effect 2 - removed some of the RPG elements I liked in 1, but overall was an improvement. Mass Effect 3 - has failed every single expectation I have had for it. Dragon Age 2 isn't done... Bioware is done. I will get my fill of Mass Effect 3, possibly check out the DLC, and then call it quits with their games. Thanks alot EA... I am pretty sure this is your doing.
    Dont forget about the old republic.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By LordAndrew
    dragonageii.isanoldgame.com
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Sooty

They are only struggling because they are trying to Mass Effect 3 the next Dragon Age game, by that I mean trying to make it more accessible at the cost of quality. ME3 is worse than 2 in every way and is basically a corridor shooter with conversation options.

BioWare are done. I think it's silly to expect anything like Dragon Age: Origins to come out of them ever again.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MezZa

I might be interested in DA3 if it's more like origins than DA2. Unfortunately I doubt that will happen. I hate to join the hate bioware trend, but now that Mass Effect is wrapped up I'm done with them for the time being.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iamjohn

I suppose it typically follows that when you release a shitty sequel that some people like but no one thinks is superior to the first and doesn't even manage to sell half of what that first game did, you bail the fuck out and try to pretend that the second one didn't happen. Hey, it worked for Resistance.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By donkeycow

I would be the happiest boy in the world if the next Dragon Age game to come out is titled Dragon Age: Origins 2 and not Dragon Age 3.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Justin258

@thetrusammael said:

I hate to say it, but this is where I'm headed. Pre-DA2 Bioware was golden. Post DA2-Bioware seems like it's going to be producing a load of bollocks.

Honestly, I get the feeling that they are going for Call of Duty type mass appeal. Bioware doesn't do that very well and until they realize what they had, they'll never go back to being a great developer and, more importantly, a great storyteller.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By phantomzxro

I just think they want to find that sweet spot of wide appeal while keeping their hardcore fan base. So i think its the right step to get some fan feedback so gamers can tell them what went wrong with DA2. It may seem overkill but i think it one of those things where you can be too close to the project and can't see the whole picture.

SefaRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SefaRed

It hurts to say it, but Bioware's best days are behind them. Dragon Age Origins was the last of it's kind, at least from a major developer like Bioware, that just wouldn't be willing to put resources into a game they might see as niche. I just finished Mass Effect 3 and I think it might be the first game of theirs I don't replay, not even sure about bothering with DLC. Maybe someone should start a Take Back Bioware campaign. A suicide mission to rescue them from EA, before they are liquified like so many of the other devs EA has 'acquired'.

I think a fifth playthrough of Origins is in order after all that. Those were the days.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there even a point in posting any news related to a BioWare game? People just repost the same frustration they've made in the 5 other BioWare threads going at any time. Next news post should just be "BioWare exists!" and let people get mad in the comments. It's not like it matters what's in the text block.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mandude

I wish Obsidian would make Dragon Age 3.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Draxyle

@believer258 said:

I hate to say it, but this is where I'm headed. Pre-DA2 Bioware was golden. Post DA2-Bioware seems like it's going to be producing a load of bollocks.

Honestly, I get the feeling that they are going for Call of Duty type mass appeal. Bioware doesn't do that very well and until they realize what they had, they'll never go back to being a great developer and, more importantly, a great storyteller.

Pretty much. It's quite transparent how damn much EA really really wants to become Activision. Of course, the suits in charge don't realize how very idiotic their attempts have been. Drastically altering franchises in the goddamned middle of their story arcs is a pretty good way to completely alienate and anger your entire fanbase. The people who bought DA and ME bought those games because they weren't "Call of Duty" or "Gears of War" styled. It's mind boggling. It's like they work entirely based on numbers but ignore the whole reality of things.

I've been saying it since day one of the Bioware buyout, Bioware has no business doing business with EA. I knew from the start that it would end poorly for them, but I didn't think it would go this bad. Even Dragon Age Origins had signs of excessive corporate meddling with their DLC peddling NPC's, that was already unforgivable to me.

I just don't see where they go from here besides further downward.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By donkeycow

@SefaRed: I think that is being overly pessimistic. Origins came out less then 3 years ago and was a pretty big success, it's really not too much of a stretch to think or hope that another game of similar depth will be released sometime in the future.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#21  Edited By Little_Socrates

Guys, if you all like Dragon Age Origins and the pre-Mass Effect stuff, you're being assholes. Two games you didn't like is not enough for a company to be "done." Don't be crazy. They probably need a new franchise, but that doesn't mean "BioWare is over" or anything. Again, don't be crazy.

Personally, I don't like any of their games other than the Mass Effects and have beaten none of the others. KOTOR 1 was cool, but I played that when I still liked the Star Wars prequels.I went back to it, and it doesn't hold up anymore. And I'm too young for the Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale stuff, but I'm at least familiar with Baldur's Gate and get why people love that. The fandom over BioWare always kind of baffled me, though, 'cause it's all based on these more mainstream games that, other than Mass Effect, were never really special to begin with.

If you disagree with me, then stop yelling that BioWare is "done." It's only been two games. You all liked ME2 or Dragon Age Origins (and most of you liked both!) So don't be crazy.

SefaRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SefaRed

@Donkeycow: I hope you're right. Maybe they'll realise the best way to go forward is to look to the past (like you said though, they don't have to look to far into the past!). I just wish they'd remember that they already made so many great games. They already know what they are doing! To listen to them now it's as if they're making it up as they go along. I suppose they are just trying to appeal to a whole new audience and that's what they are still figuring out.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mcfart

The problem with Bioware is that they can't spend 5 years making another Dragon Age Origins. A Bioware rep said that DA2 sold about the same as Origins but had a far lower development time time.

I played DA2 and tolerated the enemies appearing out of nowhere along with the healer's retarded passive/active abilties slicing his mana bar in half they were somewhat neccessary to have on, but made no sense). After the first time warp I just stopped. It was completely disjarring and ripped me away from the already boring story. If Bioware just a new DA Origins then I would be happy.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @mandude said:

Once Wasteland 2 launches I imagine the Obsidian dudes will leave and join inXile and reform Interplay as it once was.
    donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By donkeycow

@SefaRed: I think now that the Old Republic is finished and sorta out of the way (it will still require support but not nearly the same effort that went into development), and them having seen the blowback from Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 they will have learned some valuable lessons and to maintain their image will work hard to make Dragon Age 3 a quality product.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By phrosnite

@mandude said:

God No. Bioware should just buy Obsidian and tell them to work on story stuff.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pinworm45

I didn't even realize it was still relevant.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mandude

@SeriouslyNow said:

Once Wasteland 2 launches I imagine the Obsidian dudes will leave and join inXile and reform Interplay as it once was.

I protest, simply on the grounds that Obsidian has a nicer ring to it than inXile. Also on the grounds that I've never played an inXile game, and I already like Obsidian.

@phrosnite said:

God No. Bioware should just buy Obsidian and tell them to work on story stuff.

Well, that wouldn't ensure we don't get palette swapped dungeons and waves of enemies. They could just rethink their QA system, though. I'm all in favour of QA staff being issued whips and the occasional gun.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TorMasturba

Dragon Age II was released at least a year after the first game. What is that guy at Joystiq smoking?

To all the the haters, shut the hell up, we get it already.

Mr402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mr402

@thetrusammael: Exactly my feelings about Bioware titles over the last few years.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mcfart said:

The problem with Bioware is that they can't spend 5 years making another Dragon Age Origins. A Bioware rep said that DA2 sold about the same as Origins but had a far lower development time time.

DA2 completely undersold compared to Origins. 1.8 million lifetime compared to 4 million lifetime for Origins, DA2 will be lucky to sell half as much as Origins did. 
    donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By donchipotle

Guys I totally hated DA2 so that means the entire company can rot in hell now because they made a mediocre game and mediocre is the same thing as a goddamn awful piece of shit and they will never be able to recover despite evidence to the contrary rip bioware

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By upwarDBound

I was never the biggest Bioware fan but I still had a bad feeling about them being bought by EA. It usually doesn't end well for developers that they get their hands on. Criterion's done well for a while and so has DICE I suppose, but every other dev gets closed, renamed, or folded into an already existing EA branch and quickly forgotten about.

I'm fine with EA making EA games. I'm not fine with them acquiring a studio and then forcing that studio to change the way their games play to make them more widely appealing. I don't know for sure if this actually happened with DA II and ME 2-3 but I have a strong suspicion that it did. The gameplay changes just seem too drastic to have been the natural course of Bioware's direction. Dragon Age II's rush job also wouldn't have occurred if EA hadn't been involved I'm sure.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jay444111

@Little_Socrates said:

Guys, if you all like Dragon Age Origins and the pre-Mass Effect stuff, you're being assholes. Two games you didn't like is not enough for a company to be "done." Don't be crazy. They probably need a new franchise, but that doesn't mean "BioWare is over" or anything. Again, don't be crazy.

Personally, I don't like any of their games other than the Mass Effects and have beaten none of the others. KOTOR 1 was cool, but I played that when I still liked the Star Wars prequels.I went back to it, and it doesn't hold up anymore. And I'm too young for the Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale stuff, but I'm at least familiar with Baldur's Gate and get why people love that. The fandom over BioWare always kind of baffled me, though, 'cause it's all based on these more mainstream games that, other than Mass Effect, were never really special to begin with.

If you disagree with me, then stop yelling that BioWare is "done." It's only been two games. You all liked ME2 or Dragon Age Origins (and most of you liked both!) So don't be crazy.

It isn't the fact that we didn't like two games that made us hate them. It is the sheer fact of the matter that they fucked us over with lies and shitty stories. I mean... no one, not even if God himself came down from the heavens to defend the ending of ME3 COULD. It is that bad man. They fucked an entire franchise in the span of 5 minutes somehow. No one is going to trust them again with any other franchise.

Also, this is not EA's fault at all people, it is all on Bioware, EA does not write shit for the games. Bioware does, and when the story gets fucked up, it is all on Bioware for doing that. Hell, if EA saw the ending of ME3, I doubt they would've released it and probably would've cut all ties to Bioware for the sheer fact that they have lost their marbles.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Example1013

So wait, when are they going to fix the console version of Awakening then?

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By sixpin

What I find amusing about all of this is that they are asking for fan input. The very same company that has had employees and press defend their (laughable) artistic vision is asking consumers what they want out of the next Dragon Age. Funnier still is that, that very question has been answered several times - People wanted more Dragon Age: Origins. This industry is nuts.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By matthias2437

Dragon Age 2 was done the second it came out, you know since it was a piece of shit.

rm082e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rm082e

@upwarDBound said:

I'm fine with EA making EA games. I'm not fine with them acquiring a studio and then forcing that studio to change the way their games play to make them more widely appealing. I don't know for sure if this actually happened with DA II and ME 2-3 but I have a strong suspicion that it did. The gameplay changes just seem too drastic to have been the natural course of Bioware's direction. Dragon Age II's rush job also wouldn't have occurred if EA hadn't been involved I'm sure.

Agree.

The stink of EA pressure to make games as widely appealing as possible, while also gouging the player for as many dollars as they possibly can seems to be ruining Bioware. I don't think they're done yet, but I won't be surprised if they continue to push Bioware so hard that they fall flat on their face.

thetrusammael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By thetrusammael

I didn't think I had to spell this out, but I will... @ little Socrates specifically. The is why Bioware is ruined. EA purchased Bioware. This was during the dev cycle of Dragon Age 2. It can be argued that EA had little effect on the game since the two were so close, hence why it was not necesarrily correct to flip out about how shitty that game was. Bioware had been known in the past to drop games into a slowcooker and just toil away until it was the best damned thing they could have made. Getting purchased by EA was the equivalent of buying a microwave and just nuking everything until it was scalding hot and throwing it onto the shelves. So, Mass Effect 3 was the first game that was going to be running mostly under EA's rule. and the royaly messed it up. So, ask the question. For a company that had gotten things right time and time again for as long as they have, what changed? What was the one thing that changed the most drastically that would have an effect like this? The Electronic Arts Effect. They are trying to maximize profit. As little put in as possible to get back alot. When you apply this to something, the love is gone and it is all for the almighty dollar. Bioware's love for games has been replaced by EA's business model/influence.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#40  Edited By Little_Socrates

@Jay444111 said:

It isn't the fact that we didn't like two games that made us hate them. It is the sheer fact of the matter that they fucked us over with lies and shitty stories. I mean... no one, not even if God himself came down from the heavens to defend the ending of ME3 COULD. It is that bad man. They fucked an entire franchise in the span of 5 minutes somehow. No one is going to trust them again with any other franchise.

This is people being assholes. It's really not that bad. It is defensible. The Indoctrination Theorists are trying their damnedest, and even beyond that, nothing about that ending actually ruins the fact that other things happened in that game that were kind of cool. I don't even really like ME3 all that much; I think most of the writing is below the standard I set for Mass Effect, but it's still better than anything you'll find in Resident Evil or Skyrim, and the combat scenarios are often ill-conceived and not very fun. But statements like these are people being crazy. Return of the Jedi actively recycles conversations with the Emperor for about 20 minutes intercut with the shield generator assault and the Battle of Endor, but people got over it. The wound is still fresh, and I understand that, but BioWare is not over just because they didn't deliver on the last fifteen minutes of ME3.

At least, so long as you ever thought the people at BioWare really were anybody special to begin with. I was not of that opinion; sure, they're probably better than id these days, but I don't think they've ever been the company to love.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By crusader8463

I hope they don't screw up three as badly as they did two. The way Bioware makes games these days however, I won't hold my breath. They lost that brand name loyalty from me over the last few years. If they make DA3 origin exclusive I will throw a hissy fit on the internet like none before. You have been warned EA.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MikeGosot

I love how people say it's all EA's fault and Bioware is an angel.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ExplodeMode

Stealth hyping dragon age 3?  I think they know people don't like DA2 and I think they've known why since the day it launched, because everyone let them know.

Nobody even knew a da2 expansion was coming, they never announced it until they were telling people they weren't doing anymore because of 'THE NEW THING WE ARE WORKING ON.'

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#44  Edited By Daneian

it didn’t help that fans saw Dragon Age II as a cash in since it was released 4 months after Dragon Age: Origins...

Dragon Age: Origins US release date- Nov. 3, 2009

Dragon Age 2 US release date- March 8, 2011

Been a while since elementary school, but is this a difference of 4 months? A year and 4 months, sure.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By TheHT

Dragon Age 2 felt like a prototype for ideas BioWare had. 3 shorter stories, quicker more actiony combat, stretching out enemy encounters with constantly spawning enemies, reworking older areas.

Hopefully if there's a 3rd game, they'll have learned what not to do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
    deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really think people are exaggerating here ME series is top notch Their only flaw is dragon age 2( I don't play mmo's) i feel like their exploring New realms in videongames that's all just look at when ME1 came Out it mixed a lot of action with rpg then they gave us dragon age origins It just feels like everyone is turning their back at them when they have really Just done one mistake n they have proven that they can turn up the Rpg in them when they want to n people complaining about mass effect going More action need to understand that the games philosophy was to be a third person shooter With rpg elements n people hating the third part really need to play it it goes full circle I think. I just get annoyed I guess by all the hate they have gotten hopefully they will make an epic that can change everyone's mind here. Respect to everyone much love to king of modern RPGs Bioware

DesertDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DesertDog

@sixpin said:

What I find amusing about all of this is that they are asking for fan input. The very same company that has had employees and press defend their (laughable) artistic vision is asking consumers what they want out of the next Dragon Age. Funnier still is that, that very question has been answered several times - People wanted more Dragon Age: Origins. This industry is nuts.

I would like to marry you sir.

On a more serious note I also cannot understand how completely ass-backwards this line of thought is. You are completely correct. People who feel like their "artistic vision" needs to remain true are now asking the masses the very consumers themselves to help them understand how to make a better product.

rm082e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By rm082e

@Daneian said:

it didn’t help that fans saw Dragon Age II as a cash in since it was released 4 months after Dragon Age: Origins...

Dragon Age: Origins US release date- Nov. 3, 2009

Dragon Age 2 US release date- March 8, 2011

Been a while since elementary school, but is this a difference of 4 months? A year and 4 months, sure.

He clearly meant 14 months.

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By ahgunsillyo
    @DonChipotle

Guys I totally hated DA2 so that means the entire company can rot in hell now because they made a mediocre game and mediocre is the same thing as a goddamn awful piece of shit and they will never be able to recover despite evidence to the contrary rip bioware

I clap at thee.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheHT I really like the idea of short stories and kerfuffles over time instead of relying on monster wars for every game (I like how ME2 is a series of episodes rather than a continual sprint to the finish), and I like the way your party interacts with each other way more than the original. Combat is better but still unbalanced (cakewalk encounters until an incredibly hard pull). I also prefer stories set in cities to stories set in countrysides, but that's me.

There are some big problems with that game, but almost all of them are due to short dev time rather than an artistic misstep. There are 5-10 things they could have done with another 6 months to make that game alright. So if they're getting the full 2 year cycle for DA3, I have optimism.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.