Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Dragon Age: Inquisition multiplayer is now F2P on PC

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not sure if this was officially announced or anything, but Dragon Age's Origin page says that the game comes with a 6-hour free single-player trial and unlimited free multiplayer - so basically it's free to play now. Interesting move! Probably smart! Not gonna make any money just sitting on their hands, especially considering the online didn't really set the world on fire in the first place.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MezZa

Was that multiplayer good? I never played it despite playing the single player and having liked the ME3 multiplayer.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I kept forgetting that this game had multiplayer. I'd fire it up, see the multiplayer option, and think "oh I should try that sometime" and then forget about it until the next time.

Was it any good?

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

Oh wow interesting. I had really high hopes for this because I played the hell out of Mass Effect 3's multi, but DA just didn't grab me.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, multiplayer wasn't good although it wasn't really 'bad' either. It tries a little be be like the mass effect multiplayer (which i put maybe 500hrs into) but kinda fails since the combat isn't that great in the game to begin with.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Was it any good?

Was that multiplayer good? I never played it despite playing the single player and having liked the ME3 multiplayer.

I had some decent fun playing it with my normal group of Destiny duders. It was basically just co-op dungeon crawling through semi-randomly generated levels, but the trinity interplay was pretty decent and the classes were cool. The loot was a bit slow, but with a group of friends it's fun for what it is.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShadyPingu

No. It wasn't good. Serviceable, maybe. The whole party-building bit gets lost in translation. DA combat can be fun when you have 4 characters and 32 abilities working exactly how you want them to; chopping that down to one character and 4 abilities is just a bad idea.

ME was a way easier sell because it's pretty much a standard 3rd person shooter plus gravity powers, and the games industry has collectively figured out how to make that work in a multiplayer setting.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I bought Dragon Age Inquisition on PC when it first came out and not once did I ever touch the multiplayer. I might jump back in it if more newish people are jumping in on the f2p.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Did they ever make the ME3 multiplayer free? I'd play that again. Inquisition's multiplayer pales in comparison.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I kept forgetting that this game had multiplayer. I'd fire it up, see the multiplayer option, and think "oh I should try that sometime" and then forget about it until the next time.

Was it any good?

Was extremely dependant on players playing as a team, more so than ME3 multiplayer. You can be as skilful as you want in the DAI multiplayer, but that just means you'll die last if you're not playing as a team. If you can find friends to play with, it could potentially be a better experience than ME3M, but joining up with randoms will never be as good as joining up with ME3M randoms.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Smart move, but if I was Bioware I would pretty-up Mass Effect 3's multiplayer and release it on the current gen consoles as a F2P thing. Because unlike Inquisition's MP, the stuff in Mass Effect was actually fun.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Never got into it the same way I did with ME3.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game had multiplayer? Holy crap, I beat it and never knew that. What in the world was it even?

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This game had multiplayer? Holy crap, I beat it and never knew that. What in the world was it even?

Never messed with it but it looked like single character control Co-op dungeon runs. It looked odd..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.