Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Dragon Age Inquisition no longer available in India :(

s80007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By s80007

This is sad, today i get an email saying that DAI is not available in India as they did not want to breach content laws !

I was genuinely interested in playing that game :(

http://help.ea.com/in/article/dragon-age-inquisition-not-available-in-india/

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ahhhh laws so devilsihly infuriating when they screw you over ..... too bad duder :( dont you have a PS3 ? those are not region locked so you could theoretically still play it , albeit on PS3. And what content could offend India if Im not being bold into asking?

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

@s80007: WHAT. Omg this is so stupid! Do they want people to play their games at all? First Denuvo drm, now this.

I'll find a way though. HAVE to play this. EA is seriously living up to its worst company award status.

wilsouk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By wilsouk

If it is PS3 or PS4 you can; sign up for a free US (or EU) PSN account on the same console, buy and download the game from the US (or EU) store and then log into your main account, which will be able to access the game. Plenty of places on the net you can get PSN codes for different regions.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I would say this is part and parcel with people using VNP's to buy it for next to nothing from Indian retailers, then activate it on their normal accounts.

s80007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC sadly, dunno maybe i can ask one of my friends in the Us to send me a code bought from amazon.. or get it from some uk website. But EA has been very shitty towards its pc games in India lately

s80007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG, the reason it was pulled out was due to the presence of homosexuality :( I did not think this day could get anyworse.. If that is the reason indeed, read a post that lead to reddit..

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@s80007 that's fucked up. You should definitely try purchase a code somewhere or us a VPN to download it. "Presence of homosexuality"... lame.

s80007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By s80007

@splodge: presence if homosexuality ... the law fuck the english they put it on us :( it makes people who are gay same as those who indulge in bestiality ! google 377 article of the IPC.. if you want to feel a sharp chill down your spine !

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@s80007: Ugh... :/ that is really lame , never thought that India was so down on that.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@s80007: That's nothing short of depressing to hear. Normally, I wouldn't advocate for anyone to engage in any shady business, but in this particular case, I really have no moral reservations about circumventing this demeaning, discriminating bull-puppy.

You can set up a VPN and connect to a proxy server fairly easily without any cost, and then just purchase the game via the online store (though using another online retailer is probably the safer option) and play it that way. I'd recommend the programs "Proxycap" and "Your Freedom", and then just read a tutorial on the how-to.

Forgive me, mods, but I won't stand for discrimination against homosexuality. This ain't the dark ages.

s80007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By s80007

@do_the_manta_ray: Thanks for the advice, since the preorder on origin got cancelled, i did order it on a UK site.. Hoping it will activate...

alcor741

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By alcor741

@s80007: In case the activation gives you trouble, you could VPN to the UK, and then try to activate the code - this method works for me http://www.pcgamer.com/titanfall-early-unlock-heres-how-to-bypass-the-regional-launch-restrictions/

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@s80007 said:

@splodge: presence if homosexuality ... the law fuck the english they put it on us :( it makes people who are gay same as those who indulge in bestiality ! google 377 article of the IPC.. if you want to feel a sharp chill down your spine !

The law may be a holdover from the dark ages but I think "fuck the English" is a bit harsh, doesn't mean the country can't change.

s80007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By s80007

@generalbison: Dude, not the present lot of Englishmen and women ! Its the brits who were live in the 1800s ! You lot arent prudent as the Victorians .. I mean no ill will to you guys.. Your country realized that it was a shitty thing to put upon the public, and repealed it. Whereas our politicians are odd..

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

But yeah, VPN is the way to go. I use TunnelBear or PureVPN, it breaches all sorts of Origin policy and could possibly get you banned (Then again, a lot of stuff could).

It'd take a while to download but it's better than nothing.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, that sucks. I saw this documentary about Stephen Fry going around the world to promote homosexuality. The crazy thing is that there never were any laws forbidding homosexuality until the British Empire started to take control. Now homosexuality is legal in Brittain (as of 1967, how crazy is that? It's so recent), but the laws forbidding homosexuality are still active in a lot of the colony states.

s80007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legion_: To be honest there is not much pride in being an Indian.. shitty laws, corrupt politicians.. Imagine the drinking age being 25 ! Censorship across every media.. I would love to be somewhere else..

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the homosexuality reason is true, then that's a terrible embarrassing reason. I feel you dude, hope you find a way to circumvent it and get your hands on the game. FUCK THE MAN!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@s80007: WHAT. Omg this is so stupid! Do they want people to play their games at all? First Denuvo drm, now this.

I'll find a way though. HAVE to play this. EA is seriously living up to its worst company award status.

Yeah, how dumb for a company to not break the law.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By armaan8014

@starvinggamer said:

@armaan8014 said:

Yeah, how dumb for a company to not break the law.

Well, no, dumb law I guess. It wasn't clear what the issue was when I wrote that^

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@s80007 said:

@legion_: To be honest there is not much pride in being an Indian.. shitty laws, corrupt politicians.. Imagine the drinking age being 25 ! Censorship across every media.. I would love to be somewhere else..

Agreed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.