Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Is the DLC plugged at the end of the game?

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I've never played DA: Inquisition. It's now on sale at Origin.
    The vanilla version (No DLC) is $3.24. And the Game of the Year edition, which has all the DLC, is $14.99
    I'm the kind of player that when I finish the game, I'm ready to move on. I rarely explore DLC content.
    I just want to know if all this DLC comes after you finish the game, or if it's distributed all over the game, like new characters, new abilities, or something that'd make me enjoy the game more.
    Thanks a lot!

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Two of the expansions can played during your main game playthrough. One is a new and huge dungeon tuned for mid-late game level characters, the other is a new region of similar size and scope to the open world regions in the core game with a main quest as well as side content. It is similarly tuned for mid-late game level characters.

The final expansion, Trespasser, is a post game epilogue. Once you finish the story, the game world stays open and you can run around the world doing left over side quests like many games. However, starting Trespasser trigger a point of no return. It jumps time forward 2 years and deals with the aftermath of the game's ending, wraps up all the character stories, deals with the results of late game story revelations, and sets up the next game in the Dragon Age series. Once you finish Trespasser, the game is over. You even get a "what happened to everyone" type slideshow similar to DA Origins.

I you're on the fence, I would absolutely recommend getting the GOTY edition. The Decent and Jaws of Hakkon are both pretty good and have a pretty substantial amount of content. Trespasser is one of my favorite pieces of DLC Bioware has ever done (only behind Citadel for ME3). It has great character content, a strong and focused design that emphasizes Inquisition's strengths and avoids all its shortcomings, a highly compelling story that provides satisfying resolution to elements of the main game while also offering up enticing teases as to the series' future, and is just generally a great way to put a bow on Inquisition as a whole. I highly recommend it.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I agree with @ll_exile_ll Trespasser was definitely worth playing through. That is a lot of game for $15.

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if I could hold on buying it. And if I liked the game, I'd buy the DLC. Would that work? Or I'd have to start the game all over again?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@brainwins said:

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if I could hold on buying it. And if I liked the game, I'd buy the DLC. Would that work? Or I'd have to start the game all over again?

Honestly, if you're going to pick up the game during Origin's current sale, it makes all the sense in the world to just get the GOTY edition. You said it's $15 (I don't know what region you're in, but it is showing as $12 USD for me). The DLC bundle for Dragon Age is currently on sale as well, but it's listed at 50% off for a price of $15 USD. So, the game with all the DLC is currently cheaper than buying just the DLC on it's own, even though the DLC is also on sale. Furthermore, if you wait to pick up the DLC until after the current sale ends, the DLC bundle will be $30.

EDIT: To answer the question though, you wouldn't have to start the game all over if you bought the DLC later. Trespasser, like I said, isn't even accessible until after the main quest is over, and the other two can be accessed at any time after a specific point in the first third of the game.

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: Thanks! I think I'll buy the GOTY, then. It's really cheap, I know. But the Steam sale is also happening, so I wanted to shop smart :D
    Thanks again for the detailed answers!

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Efesell

The pricing is really silly right now. I own base DA:I on origin and the DLC are still 9.99 a piece and meanwhile I could just rebuy the GOTY for 12.

I would assume the installation is all the same so if everything else is installed it wouldn't have to re-do anything.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

The pricing is really silly right now. I own base DA:I on origin and the DLC are still 9.99 a piece and meanwhile I could just rebuy the GOTY for 12.

I would assume the installation is all the same so if everything else is installed it wouldn't have to re-do anything.

There is a DLC bundle that is on sale for $15 right now. Though, it is definitely weird that the GOTY edition which includes the game and all the DLC is still cheaper than the DLC bundle which is also on sale. I guess that's because the GOTY version is 70% off and the DLC bundle is 50% off, but it's still weird.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@ll_exile_ll: DLC is still super weird when pricing is concerned. For instance on the January PSN sale Uncharted 4 the full game is cheaper than the Lost Legacy DLC, which is just silly.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@ll_exile_ll: DLC is still super weird when pricing is concerned. For instance on the January PSN sale Uncharted 4 the full game is cheaper than the Lost Legacy DLC, which is just silly.

Lost Legacy isn't DLC, it's an entirely standalone game.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:
    @humanity said:

Lost Legacy isn't DLC, it's an entirely standalone game.

Is it a stand alone game, or is it standalone DLC in the style of Dishonored 2's Death of the Outsider? I mean it's not as long as Uncharted 4, I've read that it's about 6 hours long.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: It's not as long as Uncharted 4 (which is pretty damn long for that kind of game), but it's still around the length of Uncharted 1, which no one argues is not its own game.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: Well yah, Uncharted 1, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3 and Uncharted 4 are definitely their own games. As far as I know Lost Legacy is a standalone expansion, but maybe thats arguing semantics at this point. For instance I wouldn't call that Ellie thing that came out for Last of Us it's own game. It's not a sequel to The Last of Us nor is it a separate addition to the Last of Us universe, it's a shorter companion piece tied to that main game, which is how I'd describe Lost Legacy, which is also why I'm confused as to why it's more expensive than the much bigger game it is a companion piece to.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zeik

@humanity: I wouldn't call Left Behind its own game either, and it wasn't sold like it was. It was like $15-20 and required a copy of Last of Us to play it. The story also tied pretty directly into the plot of the main game, to the point that playing LoU first was mandatory if you didn't want to be spoiled.

Lost Legacy is much more its own game by comparison. It's much longer and more fleshed out (average playtime is probably like 8 hours, with Uncharted 1-3 being around 10), and is completely separate from Uncharted 4 in almost every way, besides some returning characters. You could absolutely jump into it without prior knowledge of U4 or any other Uncharted and still enjoy it. It's not quite a full sequel, but it's not DLC either. It's not something you see very often these days, but they knew what they were selling by pricing it at $40 when it came out. Not quite full price, but not DLC price either.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By FLStyle

@humanity: I don't know why you're so intent on dying on this Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is not a different video game from Uncharted 4 hill, but stop it. Uncharted: Lost Legacy is a brand new video game, unrelated to Uncharted 4.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

@humanity: I don't know why you're so intent on dying on this Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is not a different video game from Uncharted 4 hill, but stop it. Uncharted: Lost Legacy is a brand new video game, unrelated to Uncharted 4.

Ehh I dunno about dying on a hill about it but if you're gonna call me out on this then sadly my response might be a bit boring in that it's just just my opinion, or rather how I see it from a naming convention standpoint. That said, stating that it is unrelated to Uncharted 4 is a bit of a stretch don't you think? Unless you were being sarcastic, then apologies, it's hard to tell on the internet sometimes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.