Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Was anybody else disappointed in the ending? (Spoilers)

cbk486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Big things I noticed:

1) The boss fight at the end was piss-easy for me. Honestly, the dragons put up more of a challenge than Coypheus ever did.

2) The slide show did a really poor job at showing you how all the actions you did throughout the game really helped you. I had something like ~250 power at the end of the game (indicating the ridiculous amount of side content, farming, etc.) that I did and that didn't really translate at all into those slides (no payoff).

3) The companions and advisors didn't really have any wrap up in the epilogue scene...just a sentence or two.

Anyone else feel similarly?

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was disappointed in the entire story.

But of course the optional super-bosses put up more of a fight than mandatory story ones.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ShadyPingu

The ending wasn't notable enough to disappoint me: "You beat the bad guy, yay! But this is just the beginning!"

The story as a whole, though? Yes, it was pretty disappointing. At the risk of self-advertising, I made a story spoiler thread a few days ago.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tuxfool

The whole story wasn't that spectacular. Corypheus did not have the gravitas to be the evil mastermind, every time he was on screen he came off as a bungler, all his plans foiled and at the end he just throws a tantrum.

The slides showed off the story beats and possibly results that should affect the world state in future games. I do get a feeling that the ending was rushed, not enough of a build up and not enough of a structure to make the last few story missions be lengthy and weighty.

I will say that the sting at the end was pretty good. It puts a lot of things Solas says in context.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.