Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Are PS3 FPS problems really that bad? and have they been fixed?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

I keep hearing people say PS3 version runs like shit, but it looks better than 360 version. Since I dont have a PC that can run it, im trying to decide between to two. I usually wont notice FPS issues unless tehyre severe. Is PS3 version the better console version? has the FPS issues been patched or going to be?
    ExcessDebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ExcessDebris

When I first started it I was a little annoyed by the occasional stutter, but after a few hours it either has stopped or I don't notice it anymore. I'm enjoying this game very much playing it on the PS3. No the graphics aren't great but everything else is in my opinion.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By animateria

Well according to reviews...

PC version is the best.

Then the PS3 version is marginally better than the 360 version.

But I really think the console versions are bastard children of the PC version. The radial menu just looks clunky.

ExcessDebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ExcessDebris

I w@animateria said:

" Well according to reviews...  PC version is the best.  Then the PS3 version is marginally better than the 360 version.  But I really think the console versions are bastard children of the PC version. The radial menu just looks clunky. "

I would agree with this. I only got the PS3 version because I'm a Mac user and thus the PC version was not a viable option. I definitely would have played on PC if I could have. But between the consoles I've heard PS3 is the better choice.
    KingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By KingX

well the PC version of this game looks abit sharper but even there it still looks like ass, this game rerally looks 4 yrs old. so I frankly don't care, oblivion looks better in my opinion.
    But this is a damn more fun game.
    and yeah I don't know the ps3 version do have its issues but its no way near worse that all the old damn games Ive played before in my life.. I guess its just that Im so used to uncharted 2 and games that runs in 60fps smoothly all the time and now this one comes along that feels more like 30fps than 60..so I guess it take sometime for the eyes to get adjusted *lol*
    Ive seen the 360 version aswell and even if it runs a tad smoother its no 60fps that jumps out of it.

and from what Ive rerad if anyone seem to have a framerate issue that is annoying, I read about someone who wrote that you should try and no log onto the EA servers (don't know if there is an option to log you out) otherwise log youself out of PSN and start the game.. have read quite a few now that have said that the game runs better that way.

(reminds me of the old GTAIV server bug that froze the entire game)

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

i would totally take the ps3 framerate problem over not being able to play the game at all since it wants to crash every couple of minutes and makes me radeon HD 4830 run all the way up to 98 degrees celsius. so i payed 50 bucks for a pc game that i can't enjoy.

though when it does run for that couple of minutes, it looks really pretty and runs great. not like that matters.

KingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By KingX

BioWare is looking into the framerate issues on the ps3 version right now - and well since they are loking into it (and is aware of the problems people have reported) I guess a patch will come.. but when is another question.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.