Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Going to so a play though. What order should I tackle the dlc?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

So I got the Mass Effect trilogy and I am nearing the end of the third game. I never got far into Origins and the ultimate edition is on sale at GameStop. So I plan to pick it up soon.

The ultimate edition comes with all the dlc and awakening if I understand this right.

All I wanted to know is when and what order to go though the dlc.

Suggestions?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Most of the DLC is totally separate from the main game, except Warden's Keep, Shale and Return to Ostagar, and those 3 can be tackled at any time once the game opens up. Obviously, I'd point out that Shale is a pretty awesome party member, or that the stuff you get from Warden's Keep is really good, but they're not essential or anything. The rest of the DLC is a bunch of separate modules and most of them are terrible or meant to be played after you finish Awakening.

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Gonmog

Yeah just play Shale, and the Keep when you can get to them, the items from the Keep are really awesome, and Shale...is Shale, one of the best chars out there.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Chop

I would strongly suggest avoiding all the stand alone DLC packs. Awakenings is...okay, but all the others are fucking terrible.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

@Chop said:

I would strongly suggest avoiding all the stand alone DLC packs. Awakenings is...okay, but all the others are fucking terrible.

This. Most of the DLC were one off quests that were extremely uninteresting. Even Return to Ostagar, which had a really cool concept. I did enjoy Awakening, though.

Avatar image for captaincharisma
    CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By CaptainCharisma

Shale is one of the best characters so definitely get that golem early on. And Return to Ostagar while not the best, provides some cool moments and a nice trip down memory lane. Just play it later on to get its full effect. Play the Keep somewhere in between so you can get that chest so you don't have to sell everything.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi
    @The_Laughing_Man The separate modules for the Lilliana and Darkspawn DLC can be done whenever but Id suggest before your main campaign is done since you get some baller gear. Most of the other ones you can do at any time as well the only ones that follow a chronological order are Awakening then Harvester then Witch Hunt.
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

Glad you asked this, I was wondering the same.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Was able to get it used. Seems the game is no longer in print.  

Should I get any of the other DLC from the market? 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.