Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Origins

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 03, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an epic fantasy role-playing game featuring a rich story, personality-driven characters, and tactical, bloody combat. It is considered a spiritual successor to the Baldur's Gate series.

Question regarding Maric

Sinkwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Sinkwater

I'll just say that I don't think this is really a spoiler since you see Cailan as king from the get-go.  

So does anyone know how Maric died?  If you haven't read the books and don't want a minor spoiler for that... 

and he's obviously dead at the beginning of Origins since his son is the king.  Just seems like an obvious hole in the story that hasn't really been addressed.  Is this on purpose or did I miss something?
    Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
    Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee

As far as I know, his death is never addressed in the game.  I haven't really looked at the codex stuff, so it may be in there.

I didn't know that there was a 2nd book, thanks for the head's up.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MichaelBach

2nd book? I just have to first one. What is the second one called?

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NoXious

The Calling, it is basically what Grey Wardens call it when their time has come and they venture into the Deep Roads if I remember correctly.

The second book involves dungeon crawling of Grey Wardens and Maric into the Deep Roads.

Sinkwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Sinkwater

Also if you really want to get to know the character of Duncan, I highly recommend reading The Calling.

Conflict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Conflict

It doesn't seem like Maric was a big player when the game was originally written, but when Gaider decided to go back and write the books he needed a subject/character an chose Maric. Now we have this really wierd situation because the books build him up as a main character only to have that completely reversed to the point where his name is mentioned like 5 times in the game. I thought we would at least see his ghost in the fade or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.