Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Apr 23, 2013

A re-release of Dragon's Dogma, Dark Arisen includes a new high level area with new monsters and quests from the original, as well as a handful of refinements to the original game.

Hey! I'm playing the game. Are you?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

And do you want to team up?

Let's play together!

The name of my psn account is jeustfull. I'm a level 106 assassin with a level 106 (tank) fighter pawn.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By darkvare

you can play with other people now?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Jeust

@darkvare: you can play with their pawns. and interact with other players through the pawn system, gifting, giving currency, based on the time spent together, renting them... While not true mp, it is a fun system in a great game.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

More people should play Dragons Dogma. It's the best action RPG I played in years.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

PC version is on the way guys. Heard nice things about it.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ivdamke

I'm waiting for that PC version. 60fps and no letter boxing awaits! I'm also hoping for ENB support to improve lighting and skin rendering, doubtful though.

@humanity said:

More people should play Dragons Dogma. It's the best action RPG I played in years.

I'd agree if it didn't have so much needless running and a sparse open world. The end game and Dark Arisen really show how good it is because it's much more to the point.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like others, I'm just waiting for the PC version. Austin confirmed my only worry by saying there was an option to straight up disable pawn dialogue in the menu now.

Fire will never be effective again, you guys.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'll be playing it when the PC version comes out.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baronsamedi: Their open world design was just fine. The static enemy levels made exploration rewarding because you weren't constantly babied by the game auto adjusting the experience for you. There was genuine tension when entering new areas because you never knew how hard the enemies within would turn out to be, and because the loot was also not randomized there were always a unique reward at the end of the dungeons. The one thing that would have helped is if they made some of the above ground world a little prettier. Skyrim or Fallout don't necessarily offer anything more in the open world design. There are plenty of barren swathes of land in those games - but they're pretty good looking barren swathes of land so we tend to forget that until you reach that vault or that cave there is nothing for you to see or do out in the open.

I do agree that Dark Arisen definitely streamlined the whole thing but thats what happens when you take a 50hr open world adventure and condense it into one densely packed dungeon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can not recommend this game enough. But I'll wait for the PC version for my next run through and will hope a PS4 or Xbox1 run at some point too.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: My problem wasn't to do with the loot system or level system. More-so just a lot of the world was void of landmarks that weren't designed specifically for fighting monsters. I wanted more villages and towns in between stretches of land and combat to break up the pacing. Also the structure of the land forced you to run around large impassable cliffs and bodies of ocean to get where you wanted to until you got a decent amount of port crystals.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baronsamedi: I don't know, I thought the base world was pretty varied and had a lot of neat little areas. Some of it was plain with large stretches of forest, but the map wasn't that big so I never felt like it ever dwelled on one part more so than others. To each their own obviously, I've heard this complaint before when I wrote a big blog urging people to play the game so you're not the only person that took issue with the world, but I guess it's something that will either bother you or it won't. I know I have plenty of issues with other open world games that people are completely fine with so it must depend on how much the core gameplay manages to win you over.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@baronsamedi said:

@humanity: My problem wasn't to do with the loot system or level system. More-so just a lot of the world was void of landmarks that weren't designed specifically for fighting monsters. I wanted more villages and towns in between stretches of land and combat to break up the pacing. Also the structure of the land forced you to run around large impassable cliffs and bodies of ocean to get where you wanted to until you got a decent amount of port crystals.

I have to agree with this even though I did like the game. The open world had good ideas in it (very dangerous at night, enemy placement was interesting in some spots) but had these issues plus felt very static to me. I don't think the visuals and landscape was interesting either. Other open world games have done far better.

It's why the game is a flawed gem for me. The combat is the best in any RPG I've played I think. I really like how it feels and looks like a fight from a fantasy film in a way that no other games have really managed. The Shadow of the Colossus style climbing is also a mechanic that I just love. I find aspects of all the rest of the game interesting in areas and poorly done in others. Mixed bag. I like ways in which it was experimenting.

I also think the class system is interesting, more so now that I've seen more info on the game and see you can pretty much switch up your class at will with the gear being way more important than the build of your character to how effective you will be.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@baronsamedi: I don't know, I thought the base world was pretty varied and had a lot of neat little areas. Some of it was plain with large stretches of forest, but the map wasn't that big so I never felt like it ever dwelled on one part more so than others. To each their own obviously, I've heard this complaint before when I wrote a big blog urging people to play the game so you're not the only person that took issue with the world, but I guess it's something that will either bother you or it won't. I know I have plenty of issues with other open world games that people are completely fine with so it must depend on how much the core gameplay manages to win you over.

It bothers me in a sense that I noticed that it's the biggest area where the game could improve, but I'm not saying it's stopped me from playing it. I've got over 200hours in DD it's just my biggest gripe with it (aside from the technical ones.)

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cikame

Game volume is too low :(, it's put a full stop to my attempt to play this version of the game as i can barely hear anything.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#16  Edited By mike
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@cikame said:

Game volume is too low :(, it's put a full stop to my attempt to play this version of the game as i can barely hear anything.

@mike said:

@cikame: Which version? PS3?

Game volume was also pretty low for me on PC. I have a pair of headphones that are ridiculously loud for whatever reason, so I just used them and turned those up more than normal and it was fine - but if you're someone who generally keeps their volume at halfway to max or above, this game is going to seem weirdly quiet for you. Also weird, the game seems to think that I'm flicking the Xbox One left analog stick to the right whenever I open a menu. The stick doesn't look or feel like it's drifting, my character doesn't slowly walk to the right when she should be idle, and this doesn't happen in any other game. It's not a big deal, I just press left and then I can use menus fine, it's just weird.

Otherwise, though, the PC version seems just fine. The audio quietness might only affect a few people and the menu thing might just affect me. Performance is great, I didn't have any crashes, there are plenty of menu options, there's even a field of view option. Textures are noticeably last-gen console textures, but then Capcom didn't advertise this as a remake or revamp or HD Edition or anything other than a straight port so I'm not bothered by that at all.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

@believer258: I'm playing the PC version and the levels seem totally normal to me. Weird.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I had waited for the PC version. I have no desire to replay it.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@darkvare said:

you can play with other people now?

If you are friends with people THEIR pawns are free to use. Just be careful....most people set their pawns up like shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.