Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Apr 23, 2013

A re-release of Dragon's Dogma, Dark Arisen includes a new high level area with new monsters and quests from the original, as well as a handful of refinements to the original game.

Pawn recruitment thread

• 193 results
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#51  Edited By musubi

@starvinggamer: The PS3 browser is the worst. That thing crashes at the drop of a hat.

Oh I should mention while I am playing DA on PS3 I did play the original on 360 so you can find my pawn "Risty" on there She is like in the 70's I think.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

What are people looking for in pawns? My healer/support Mage got little use and poor ratings.

Also this thread moved itself to the general again.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#53  Edited By StarvingGamer

@the_laughing_man: That's exactly what I'm looking for but you're on the wrong platform.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

What are you people talking about?!

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By SuperWristBands

What are people looking for in pawns? My healer/support Mage got little use and poor ratings.

Also exactly what I am looking for and also on the wrong platform :(

I'm rolling around with pawns from this thread and I don't have a Mage anymore. Not a huge deal but I miss the weapon buffs and not always seeing my pawns with red health (cause I ain't gonna heal them)

What are you people talking about?!

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. The thread seems to be moving itself back to general discussion quite often.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So my warrior pawn got used and got a full star rating his first time...wtf...

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#59  Edited By darkjohnny47

My pawn is named Odetta (i know, unoriginal). Right now, a lvl 44 female mage. She's got Divine Axis, Queen's Clothing, and Iris ring.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My pawn is named Odetta (i know, unoriginal). Right now, a lvl 44 female mage. She's got Divine Axis, Queen's Clothing, and Iris ring.

What system?

Anyone else noticing that their pawn is not getting as much use?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#61  Edited By Yummylee

@the_laughing_man: My pawn wasn't getting much use to begin with =/ Across the very beginning to level 55, my Pawn's only be summoned twice. Though my Pawn for my original save was all the rage! I miss dear ole Firebeard...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@YummyLee Yeah same here my old 360 save pawn "Risty" was getting rented out like she was the town whore I was rolling in RC to the point where it was entirely a non-issue. My new pawn has been rented out once and that was only due to this thread cause it was someone from the forums. Granted,she's only level 21 but still.. Im assuming most player activity is higher levels these days. I've only seen a handful of pawns that have even been created/imported into DA.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Demoskinos is she a healer? I need a healer for my level 20 group.

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SuperWristBands

@demoskinos: I've been taking your pawn with me pretty often as she is around my level.

I have a question though, do I need to "release" a pawn before they go back to their owner with RC? I know they get a gift when I release them but I often forget to release them. Right now I have your pawn with me and another who contacted me from this thread who I used for a few hours last night and I forgot to release them.

Oh, as aide to anyone on here on the PS3, I changed my pawn to a support mage because that's what I needed (because all but one other pawn on my friends list was a fighter :p). She still has the traits of Guardian and Nexus (whatever that one means). No idea if these are good for mages or not so be aware (seems to work just fine for me though).

Oh, and since we are talking about it, my pawn has also only been used by people from this thread... so yeah, maybe there just aren't that many people playing the game?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Superwristbands Yeah you do have to release them because when you do that's also when you can give items so the user won't recieve RP or gifts until you release or they die.

As for your traits for a support mage those traits are good. Guardian makes pawns stick close to you and nexus makes them prioritize the party's well being as a priority.

Switchb1ade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Switchb1ade

I would love for anyone to take my pawn out on some adventures! She is a Ranger, and I know Rangers are not really favored but I am confident that I have her trainned well. I feel like she a pretty damn good! :) Let me know what you think if you take her with you. Thanks!

PSN ID: Switchb1ade_5

Edit - I have a question, did they remove the rate/review part of hiring pawns? The last set of pawns I released, it did not promt me to rate or review. If they did remove this feature that is very disappointing. Very. :(

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SuperWristBands

Edit - I have a question, did they remove the rate/review part of hiring pawns? The last set of pawns I released, it did not promt me to rate or review. If they did remove this feature that is very disappointing. Very. :(

The rating is still there. Not sure why you weren't prompted.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I sent out creepy friend requests to the PS3 duders.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SuperWristbands @switchb1ade Its there but if the pawn wasn't imported or created in DA you can't gift anything to them or rate them. This is indicated by a icon with a red X on it.

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So I can't decide if I want to get this on PS3 or 360. Hm. On one, I can play while in bed (PS3). 360 is on a bigger TV, is my normal platform that I play games on (that aren't PC), but it's not in my bedroom.

Switchb1ade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: You rock! Thanks so much for the info!

Yeah I was confused at first myself and then I consulted the digital manual in the game and it tells you about the new icon. So basically anyone with that icon doesn't have Dark Arisen and you can hire them but not rate or gift anything to them. Which makes complete sense.

Switchb1ade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Switchb1ade

@switchb1ade said:

@demoskinos: You rock! Thanks so much for the info!

Yeah I was confused at first myself and then I consulted the digital manual in the game and it tells you about the new icon. So basically anyone with that icon doesn't have Dark Arisen and you can hire them but not rate or gift anything to them. Which makes complete sense.

Thats really good to know. I had no idea what that icon was, so thanks again for clearing that up!

Grnd_Lb_Knt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Wormious on xbox

I don't have anything yet but plan to soon. What are people looking for?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@the_laughing_man: Sure take my Pawn for a spin, although I have just started playing (my first time with Dragons Dogma)

My Gamertag (360): supHumanity

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@humanity said:

@the_laughing_man: Sure take my Pawn for a spin, although I have just started playing (my first time with Dragons Dogma)

My Gamertag (360): supHumanity

I saw you added me as a friend. Ill grab your pawn when I get a chance. Whats his/her specs?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#77  Edited By Humanity

@the_laughing_man: As I said I just started so my Pawn is a recently changed Slayer(I think? Can use heavy weapons) at level 14.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Karkarov

I accepted it and can validate it's creepieness ;p

Switchb1ade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

@damswedon said:

I accepted it and can validate it's creepieness ;p

I second that! :P

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't wanna make a whole new thread for this but if you guys are wanting to not miss out on any of the quests you should follow this guide. There are some very time specific quests especially early on. If you plan on getting all of the achievements you'll need to finish all of the non-notice board quests.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=372407

Also....

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon%27s_Dogma_Wiki

The Dragon's Dogma Wiki has some cool stuff on it too if you need specific details about a quest or what not. I don't think people have gotten around to updating it for Dark Arisen stuff just yet however.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well I'm really dumb. I spelled my gamertag wrong. It's BAD WOLF02. I don't know why I put a U in it but I did and I'm really stubid. Sorry about that.

Switchb1ade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By StarvingGamer

@demoskinos: Argh, why did you have to post that? Now I'm thinking of starting over.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@StarvingGamer If you're going to go for all trophies you'll need to play the game twice anyways and any quests you did the first time through will already count to the achievement progress. If you're not worried about all achievements then youge not really missed much other than a few thousand XP and gold.

Ill give you another tip some of the notice board quests give seemingly stupid rewards like 60 Skulls for killing skeletons. However in almost all cases those rewards can be used for another quest later on. As there is a quest later for example to turn in a large number of skulls later on. So even if the rewards seem like trash keep them because you never know when they might actually be useful.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

PSN is oulzac, pawns name is Deja Thoris. I don't remember what class she is. I think maybe a fighter or a warrior. I haven't played since about this time last year. Will probably be playing DA soon. Its currently sitting on my shelf.

El_slick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By El_slick

<p>Gamertag: SLIKKILLER33 pawns name: Zelda, please use my pawn give me any helpful items if you have any, i just want her to have the knowledge so i dnt get stuck. Thank you </p>

kyelb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By kyelb22

My Psn ID is Kyelb22,if anyone wants to use my mage pawn. First time playing DD, and I don't think she's been summoned yet.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Wampa1

@the_laughing_man: PSN ID: Foodcricket . Just a level 21 Fighter Pawn but feel free to use it/her (I'm still really uncomfortable with the whole "People just without a soul!" thing)

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I have friends with pawns at like level 60+ won't that unbalance the game for me if I recruit them? I don't wanna make things too easy and dunno if the pawns come down to match my level or not..

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By musubi

@CaLe If you hire higher level pawns you will get less XP other than that nothing else effects you except like you said it could unbalance the game.

@SuperWristBands Really loving your pawn she's been really helpful.Ill definitely keep using her. :-)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Yummylee

So, I just realised that they removed the gifting and star rating feature of hiring pawns. I guess I can understand the gifting part since nobody ever really sent anything worthwhile, but I was always curious to witness the reception for my Pawn from other players :P Though with that said it currently doesn't make much of a difference either way, considering that my Pawn is apparently still some sort of leper amongst the community and isn't being summoned =X

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: What? No, you still gift and rate. But you can only gift/rate pawns of players that have Dark Arisen.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: Ohh, that explains it. Apparently I've been exclusively using regular DD Pawns then. Surprised there's no kind of filter. Does the player still even get rift points once they're returned I wonder?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos said:

@CaLe If you hire higher level pawns you will get less XP other than that nothing else effects you except like you said it could unbalance the game.

So does that mean I also get less XP if I have 3 pawns with me as opposed to just one?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@YummyLee You can tell the DD from the DA pawns by a symbol in the rift it looks kind of like a present or something with a garish red X over it

The DA pawns will have what look like two arrows above their heads instead of the X.

@CaLe Nope the party size doesn't matter. Just levels as far as I know.

aaronBLUEeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By aaronBLUEeyes

Xbox aaronBLUEeyes

Pawn: Thaddeus

LVL 200 Strider Strong with natural strength of 655 with nothing equipped, 4,600HP.

Hey has mainly all DFed equipment and has a few new items that are silver/gold rarefied. This photo was from right before DA was released. Thad's the one on the right.

No Caption Provided

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

XBL: ArbitraryWater.

Sadly my pawn is a dude and has never been summoned, as opposed to my lady pawn who got a fair amount of use on my last playthrough.

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By SuperWristBands

@SuperWristBands Really loving your pawn she's been really helpful.Ill definitely keep using her. :-)

Sweet! I've been using Momiji a lot as well. We are staying pretty close to each other level wise so that's quite nice.

I swapped my pawn to a sorceress today but the lack of a heal spell is a bummer so I changed back to a mage. That may or may not have had a negative impact on your game. I apologize :p

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just ordered this. I'm on 360 and my gamertag is Barrock.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos said:

Sweet! I've been using Momiji a lot as well. We are staying pretty close to each other level wise so that's quite nice.

I swapped my pawn to a sorceress today but the lack of a heal spell is a bummer so I changed back to a mage. That may or may not have had a negative impact on your game. I apologize :p

Well check out Momiji again when you have a chance some dude rented her out before and sent her back with tons of dragon forged armor and what not. She's got some half decent stuff on her finally.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.