Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dungeon Siege III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 17, 2011

Dungeon Siege 3 is the third instalment of the Dungeon Siege franchise. It tells the tale of the fallen 10th Legion taking back the Kingdom of Ehb from the popular Azunite champion Jeyne Kassynder.

Demo = Poop

• 66 results
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Enigma777

You can't move and attack at the same time. 

In 2011. 
    Either you move. 
    Or you attack. 
    But never both. 

Don't play it. 

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

Resident Evil 4 and P.N. 03 are pretty awesome games. Even in 2011.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Enigma777
    @Icemael said:
    Resident Evil 4 and P.N. 03 are pretty awesome games. Even in 2011.
    And neither of those is a dungeon crawler... Also P.N 03 was not a very good game. I should know since I still kick myself for paying money for it. 
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

I would like to see reviews like this.

Long term relationship
    We're dating
    One night stand 
    Don't call me, I'll call you
    Poop

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Icemael
    @Enigma777: From what I've seen Dungeon Siege III plays like an action game. Not being able to move while attacking shouldn't be an issue unless there are other issues (like long, uninterruptible attack animations).

Also, P.N. 03 is pretty awesome. It just takes a while to get used to the controls, as in all Shinji Mikami's games.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Enigma777
    @Icemael said:
    @Enigma777: From what I've seen Dungeon Siege III plays like an action game. Not being able to move while attacking shouldn't be an issue unless there are other issues (like long, uninterruptible attack animations).Also, P.N. 03 is pretty awesome. It just takes a while to get used to the controls, as in all Shinji Mikami's games.
    An action game where you can't attack and move at the same time isn't much of an action game.  

Also, the game had a lot more problems than just the controls. A lot more. So many...
    Xdsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Xdsk

By what ive seen the dodge mechanic has replaced the move option. Not a big fan of not being able to attack and move at the same time.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Icemael
    @Enigma777 said:
    An action game where you can't attack and move at the same time isn't much of an action game.
    God Hand? Devil May Cry (in that game you can admittedly fire your guns while moving, but you can't run around while using any melee weapon)? ActRaiser? Every 2D Castlevania? I could go on.
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By niamahai

well in most Diablo-esque dungeon crawlers you can't move&attack.  

but... Deathspank lets you do it..  

oh god now i see your point.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Enigma777
    @Icemael said:
    @Enigma777 said:
    God Hand? Devil May Cry (in that game you can admittedly fire your guns while moving, but you can't run around while using any melee weapon)? ActRaiser? Every 2D Castlevania? I could go on.
    You can certainly move in DMC and you can jump and attack in most of the Castlevanias (which I classify as moving).  Maybe I should have specified I was referring to "modern action games." 
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Icemael
    @Enigma777 said:
    @Icemael said:
    @Enigma777 said:
    You can certainly move in DMC and you can jump and attack in most of the Castlevanias (which I classify as moving).  Maybe I should have specified I was referring to "modern action games." 
    Apart from the inch your character moves automatically when you attack in Devil May Cry, you can't move at all whilst swinging your sword. 

But if you count jump attacks it's different. Does Dungeon Siege III even have jumps? Isn't it essentially a 2.5D game?
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Enigma777
    @Icemael: No jumping. Also it's a 3D game with an isometric view, though you can rotate the camera pretty freely. 
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

Doesn't bother me at all. If that means it plays like the Dark Alliance/Champions of Norrath games then it's all sorted.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Is that the only reason you don't like it?

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Getz
    @Claude said:
    I would like to see reviews like this.  Long term relationship We're dating One night stand  Don't call me, I'll call you Poop
    hehe
    Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Dimsey

I thought the same about the other Dungeon Siege games, but for reasons other than the inability to jump.
    You can't jump in a lot of these Diablo-like action rpgs. You don't ever need to, so it's never bothered me.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Enigma777
    @Dimsey said:

I thought the same about the other Dungeon Siege games, but for reasons other than the inability to jump. You can't jump in a lot of these Diablo-like action rpgs. You don't ever need to, so it's never bothered me.

The lack of jumping doesn't bother me. In fact the only game I can think of where the inability to jump bothered me was Brutal Legend. 
    tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By tactis

huh, i just played through the demo and I did not notice this, I mean I feel like I am pretty much rolling towards the enemies anyway. I dont know this doesnt seem to be much of an issue to me. I loved DS 1 a lot so I am excited for DS 3, the graphics seem pretty good and the comb at seems ok, the story seems cool, and the girl playable character has a weird voice but other than that I am excited! 

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Yanngc33

Resident Evil 5 was a pretty great game though

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By project343

The demo completely unsold me on the game.  

And it seemed like a solid demo, all sorts of content, 2 characters, somewhat non-linear areas... too bad. Going to have to head back to Rift for my RPG fix. *twitches*

Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Vexed

Not being able to move while attacking isn't what bothered me about the demo.  It was the whole not being fun at all thing...

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#22  Edited By Hailinel

Have you ever tried swinging a sword while running at the same time?

There is a reason why it's not a recommended tactic.

Phreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Phreaker

I actually had a good time with the demo. It took me about 90 minutes to get through it. I'm sure I'll pick the game up. I am a sucker for arpg and loot games though. It's a shame the decision they made with co-op. I would have preferred the tradition take my character into the hosts game.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By phrosnite

I am probably going to wait for a price drop... I'm also going to play this game as if it was called something else.

Avatar image for lobster_monster
    Lobster_Monster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lobster_Monster

I had a hard time getting into the demo. It wasn't "poop", but it wasn't anything to write home about either. Everything felt generic, although I liked the concept of "stances". 

Overall, I think there are better choices for dungeon crawlers out there on the 360 already (Torchlight, Sacred 2). And if you're a Dungeon Siege fan, this is nothing like the previous games. They could have called it something else and not changed a thing about the game.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Axersia

The only third-person game I can think of that allows you to swing your sword and run around at the same time is Twilight Princess, and I believe they only added that feature (whose sole purpose is to make it less tedious to cut grass) after they decided to port it to the Wii. I can't think of *any* Diablo clones that allow you to move while attacking unless you count holding down Shift and adjusting your aim as "moving."

Sounds to me like you wanted this game to play like a dual stick shooter and I, for one, am quite happy it isn't.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By Ineedaname

I have fond memories of one of the older ones, but I'm not sure which, I think it was one. 

I never played two, but I was hoping three would be reminiscent of the first, but it's not looking that way sadly.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vodun

What?  This sounds insane! Demo's on Steam? 

Edit: Urgh, just saw it's 360 exclusive 'till June 7th...ah well.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By shirogane

I think someone misunderstand what kinda game this is... 

Either that or we're getting trolled hard.
    jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jasta

Wasn't that the case in Dungeon Siege 2? I don't remember running around while attacking in that either, and I love the game.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pweidman

So not what should be noted about the game.  
    You could have chosen any of these tc: 
    The gear looking the same no matter the upgrade, the numbing combat feel, the co-op gimped for joiners because of the 'story', the shared camera in mp, the overall low production values, cut scenes, etc. 

Still a servicable holdover whilst waiting for D3.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @pweidman said:
    So not what should be noted about the game.   You could have chosen any of these tc: The gear looking the same no matter the upgrade, the numbing combat feel, the co-op gimped for joiners because of the 'story', the shared camera in mp, the overall low production values, cut scenes, etc.  Still a servicable holdover whilst waiting for D3.
    This.  Still, it is really sad considering how much fun co-op was in the first Dungeon Siege.
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By YoungFrey
    @Enigma777 said:
    @Dimsey said:

I thought the same about the other Dungeon Siege games, but for reasons other than the inability to jump. You can't jump in a lot of these Diablo-like action rpgs. You don't ever need to, so it's never bothered me.

The lack of jumping doesn't bother me. In fact the only game I can think of where the inability to jump bothered me was Brutal Legend. 

I was only sometimes bothered by the un-jumping in Brütal Legend.  In normal gameplay it wasn't an issue.  But while hunting for secrets you could get in a place where jumping would get you where you wanted to go much more directly.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By Marz

After playing the demo i don't see the problem.   You want it to be more god of war and dmc like? wut?    I've always known these games to just be a Diablo clone.   But anyways, Torchlight is still a better dungeon crawler than this game. 

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @pweidman said:
    The gear looking the same no matter the upgrade
    I always want my dude to look cooler as I play through the game. Seeing this upsets me.
    redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By redbliss

Just got done playing the demo, and I really dont know what you are talking about. I definitely remember being able to attack while moving. I only had a few problems with the camera and enemy lock-on in the demo, but other than that the game looks pretty solid. I wish, though, that the player had a little more control over the camera. I probably wont be picking this game up day 1, but I will have to be looking to get it at some point over the summer.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the demo was okay. Everything the game does has already been perfected by other games. Though the graphics were HORRENDOUS. It's 2011, graphics like this in a retail game is unacceptable.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kerse

It was just kinda boring for me, everything moved so slow the voice acting for the archon chick is just painful to listen to, everything looks alright until you get to those person talking to you scenes and it just looks real bad. The worst part for me though is when you have all kinds of dudes running around and aoe effects going around and projectiles flying around its too easy to lose where your character is and real hard to know what your attacking. I also don't like that games are trying to move away from healing by getting rid of potions and giving spells long cooldowns (DA2) and generally just getting rid of consumables altogether. Also the loot looking the same bothers me too, the best part of these games is looking cooler as you go on, you can't even really get a good look at yourself in it. 

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ch13696
    @Enigma777 said:
    @Icemael said:
    @Enigma777: From what I've seen Dungeon Siege III plays like an action game. Not being able to move while attacking shouldn't be an issue unless there are other issues (like long, uninterruptible attack animations).Also, P.N. 03 is pretty awesome. It just takes a while to get used to the controls, as in all Shinji Mikami's games.
    An action game where you can't attack and move at the same time isn't much of an action game.   Also, the game had a lot more problems than just the controls. A lot more. So many...
    So explain Torchlight and Diablo. And past Dungeon Siege games.
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pinworm45
    @SomeDeliCook said:
    He already said there's tons of reasons he doesn't. 
    YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By YoThatLimp

I don't get some of the gripes: 

- Graphics? Looked fine to me, maybe not the best looking game but I thought they looked OK 
    - Middling combat, I wouldn't call i mind numbing 
    - loot looking the same? I definitley remember my armor changing when i change to a new piece, a lot of it is very similar I thought. I could be wrong. 

I might not pick it up day 1, but this seems pretty cool for a 40$ game, I hope amazon offers a 20$ credit, I might pick it up then.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SomeDeliCook
    @Pinworm45 said:
    @SomeDeliCook said:
    He said it has a lot of problems, yet only made a thread saying he doesn't like that you can't move and attack. Sorry I asked for anything else he may have disliked.
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Pinworm45
    @SomeDeliCook said:
    @Pinworm45 said:
    @SomeDeliCook said:
    He said it has a lot of problems, yet only made a thread saying he doesn't like that you can't move and attack. Sorry I asked for anything else he may have disliked.
    You didn't ask for what else he didn't like, you asked if that was the only thing he didn't like. He already said no, so I answered your question
    SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I would've liked actual specifics though. Asking if that was all he disliked should open up room for more examples.  I asked because I wanted to know what else he thought of it before I had a chance to play it myself.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ShockD

How did they manage to ruin an already bad game?

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mazik765

Well I thought the demo was fun.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ventilaator

Can't say I would expect to move and attack at the same time in a Diablone (Diablo clone, I didn't make it up), so whatevs, this changes nothing for me until I actually play the demo myself.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By Chris2KLee

Played a bit of the demo. Everything seems to function well enough, but the it didn't exactly light a fire in me. The story (that I saw) is pretty forgettable, and is told mostly through dull voice over and still images. The actual conversations are not much more interesting, with a conversation wheel that seems to serve no purpose except to give you more lore (which again, is all pretty dry). I tried a the fire girl and melee guy, and neither seemed particularly interesting from a story or play perspective. Everything about this game seems functional, but uninteresting. Maybe it's a slow burn, but I don't see this making much of  a mark.

roguetracer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By roguetracer

Where are you getting the demo from?

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50  Edited By buft
    @Enigma777 said:
    You can't move and attack at the same time.   In 2011. Either you move. Or you attack. But never both. Don't play it. 
    is this for REALious?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.