Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jan 29, 2009

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires is a stand-alone expansion to Dynasty Warriors 6.

Any Good?

TheLongshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheLongshot

So how is this? Honestly I Cant believe there still making these games. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed 2-3 but after that  its all regurgitation (4-5 and the psp iterations.) So would anyone recommend this for someone who used to be a fan of the series but  wants  a little more out of the experience, and their $60?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

They still make these games?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

I didn't even know this existed...I have been sort of a sucker for this series and may actually pick up this game since it's bringing back the "CAW" and I like creating my own character. I have also taken quite the break from the series so I could use some stupid fun. I won't pay $60 for it though.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rowr

wait for 6 empires

edit = o shit misread, i was in a hurry to post. IS THIS OUT YET?

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PureRok
    Rowr said:
    "wait for 6 empires
    "
    This is in the Empires forum, dude.

I haven't played Empires (since it's not out), but I own 6 and it is a great game. Of course, I own all of them but 5, so... I'm biased. I think they're all great.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422

Its a Dynasty Warriors game so...if you're a part of that group that finds sequel after sequel of the same exact game all over again compelling, like far too many people do, I'm sure its a good game.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PureRok
    pause422 said:
    "Its a Dynasty Warriors game so...if you're a part of that group that finds sequel after sequel of the same exact game all over again compelling, like far too many people do, I'm sure its a good game."
    Except, it's not the same game. None of them are.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422
    PureRok said:
    "pause422 said:
    "Its a Dynasty Warriors game so...if you're a part of that group that finds sequel after sequel of the same exact game all over again compelling, like far too many people do, I'm sure its a good game."
    Except, it's not the same game. None of them are."
    Oh yes I know. There's an added digit to each one. Like Madden. Totally different.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Snail
    pause422 said:
    "PureRok said:
    "pause422 said:
    Oh yes I know. There's an added digit to each one. Like Madden. Totally different."
    I agree with you about Dinasty Warriors, but out of all sports game you had to pick Madden?
    TheLongshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheLongshot

I wouldn't say there all exactly the same, there a a few new elements here and there, but certainly not enough to call them new games, everyone since 3 seems to be a small expansion instead of a full game, which i guess is why i was wondering if by this point they had actually changed anything or if it still unbelievably  all the same.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PureRok

If you haven't played it for a while then 6 is definitely a huge step from 2/3. Using a horse is a lot more intuitive since they've given you the ability to call it from anywhere on the map and given the horse the ability to jump. You can climb up ladders now (I know, doesn't seem like a big deal, but for DW, it is), and swim.

The only thing that has gotten worse is the fact that they have taken away the ability to use the Japanese voices. You're stuck with the English (something I had never heard in a DW game ever since I always switched to JP instantly.).

TheLongshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheLongshot

Wow that sucks bad, I always changed it to the Japanese VO's asap as well because the English ones are some of the worst I have ever heard.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Rowr
    Snail said:
    "pause422 said:
    "PureRok said:
    "pause422 said:
    Oh yes I know. There's an added digit to each one. Like Madden. Totally different."
    I agree with you about Dinasty Warriors, but out of all sports game you had to pick Madden?"
    The madden comparison is apt.

Madden games change as much from incarnation to incarnation as in a Dynasty Warriors game.

At face value Madden is just another Madden, just like DW.

Empires adds a strategic overgame to the formula of straight DW.
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    PureRok said:
    "pause422 said:
    Dude, I've played all of them, and they are exactly the same. "Little changes here and there" don't constitute a different game. I guess KOEI has taken it's philosophies from Nintendo. The "lets re-release the same game again but call it something else" philosophy. Good examples include Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Twilight Princess. 
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PureRok
    SathingtonWaltz said:
    "PureRok said:
    "pause422 said:
    Dude, I've played all of them, and they are exactly the same. "Little changes here and there" don't constitute a different game. I guess KOEI has taken it's philosophies from Nintendo. The "lets re-release the same game again but call it something else" philosophy. Good examples include Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Twilight Princess. "
    You've obviously not played them all or you wouldn't say that.
    Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ninja
    PureRok said:
    "SathingtonWaltz said:
    "PureRok said:
    "pause422 said:
    Dude, I've played all of them, and they are exactly the same. "Little changes here and there" don't constitute a different game. I guess KOEI has taken it's philosophies from Nintendo. The "lets re-release the same game again but call it something else" philosophy. Good examples include Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Twilight Princess. "
    You've obviously not played them all or you wouldn't say that."
    Dude its just faster changes, if a metal gear solid came out as oftem as DW then it would change as much and you would compare them to madden and we'd be on MGS 9 by now, PureRok is correct you don't know what you are talking about.

I agree Dynasty Warriors does not usually change as much as other sequeled games but that is because they come out more often but if you know compared DW 3 and DW 6 you would not think you are playing the same game. Indeed DW 6 is even very different from 5 with its new combat system, new skill tree system, the abolishment of items and the introduction of a fully 3D camera much has changed in 6 and it is unfair to call it a re-release go play 5 for the PS2 and then 6 for the PS3/360 and that will make you see the difference.
    Stanford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Stanford

Yeah, they still make them. They do because there is this thing called money that people have and like to spend on things that never change, thus making game developers think that they can earn more of this money by making the same god damn game over and over again.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ryanwho

The Empires expansions are fun. An apple is an apple, you're fine buttonmashing in Kingdom Hearts and God of War but have a problem doing it here. That's fine whatever, play something else. At least in "Empires" there's the occasional illusion of strategy and the completely satisfying feeling of conquering China.

bgenius88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bgenius88

I would def cop this game if they added an online function where you can play with your buddies

Balmor89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Balmor89
    All the Dynasty Warriors games gameplay wise have been sort of the same game though with each installment they may make it look better or have different attacks;  but essentially it's all about running into a huge group of enemies and fighting them. If that's your thing then Empires will probably be a good game for you if not then you probably won't like it.
    It all boils down to smashing on the buttons to beat the piss out of enemies and then bashing some more when you have to do the same to a general.......................

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Snail
    Balmor89 said:
    All the Dynasty Warriors games gameplay wise have been sort of the same game though with each installment they may ... [more]
    They are all the same with slightly improved graphics pretty much.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#22  Edited By Vinchenzo

Dynasty Warriors is a great game series. Buy it and be amazed! I always invest more hours in a DW game than almost any other.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MrGetBonus

I personally think they messed up the combo system with this game with the whole infinite sqaure thing. They need to go back to the old system of having a different triangle attack after each number of sqaures. They also, while improving some characters, fucked with some of my favorite characters and gave them stupid weapons. And mirrored movesets? Wtf...

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Snail
    Vinchenzo said:
    Dynasty Warriors is a great game series. Buy it and be amazed! I always invest more hours in a DW ... [more]
    You're being sarcastic, right?

...Right?
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Snail said:
    Vinchenzo said: Dynasty Warriors is a great game series. Buy it and be amazed! I always invest more hours in ... [more]
    No. Dynasty Warriors is an awesome game that receives a lot of crap by people who hate the "formula."
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Snail
    Vinchenzo said:
    Snail said: Vinchenzo said: Dynasty Warriors is a great game series. Buy it and be amazed! I always invest more ... [more]
    You can say the same thing about any game.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vinchenzo
    @Snail: Nope. Just Dynasty Warriors. Every other game is crap.
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Dynasty Warrior's, maybe I'll buy this. 

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By Emilio

I really liked 6 and played the crap out of it by myself. I might pick this up, but I dunno if I'll have the time for it.

Soulglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Soulglove

Aw man, it looks like Jeff is playing it today.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31  Edited By jakob187

1.  People that complain about Madden never changing:  what do you want them to do, put jet packs on the fucking players?  It's a licensed property based on a real-life sport with set rules.  There isn't anything "different" that they CAN do except just update it with new animations and such year after year.  It's been going for 20 damn years!!!  Give it a rest with the "oh, it's the same game over and over" criticism.  I use that criticism as well, but I also understand that there isn't much they can do to change it.

2.  Dynasty Warriors isn't the same game every single time.  They update and change plenty of stuff in each of the games, and they introduced the Empires spin-offs as a way to offer some varied play.  Anyone who has never played an Empires game and tries to automatically say it's the same as Dynasty Warriors is sorely mistaken.  Yes, the general "beat the shit out of people" gameplay extremely similar, but there are plenty of differences to make it varied.  Moreover, there is some level of actual strategy to unlocking everything in these games.  Most of these players who complain about the games would probably cry trying to play a Warriors game on the hardest difficulty setting (just thinking of them playing Warriors Orochi on the hardest setting makes me laugh right now).  Anyone that's saying "just run into a big group of people and bash the buttons" would get raped very quickly in that game.

3.  I really wanna play this, solely because it looks like they put a lot more thought into the animations of the characters.  I just don't know if I can deal with all the people saying "What's that?".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.