Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EarthBound

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 27, 1994

A 1994 role-playing game starring a young boy named Ness on his quest to save the world. The game and its quirky humor have garnered a dedicated cult following among RPG fans.

Lets start something different!!!

deepfry55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By deepfry55

An brief summary of me:

So first things first I love to play games, I guess I wouldn't be posting on this site if i didn't. I would be know as a collector, I have keep every game I gotten over the years about 12 years now, Most I have not completed and I always thought one day I would but I buy them faster then I can play. Anyway the most treasured games I have range from Metroid Trilogy all the way to Super Mario RPG on the SNES. To my newest addition Earthbound but i will get into that later. So one day I will complete everything one day but I will try to blog on my newest additions and what I'm playing as I go along :).

Playing Now:

Earthbound: So I guess a back story is in due on how I got this cart when the rarity of this game can go upwards of 300 dollar Ebay. The story is simple my older sister was moving and didn't want her SNES any more, so fifty bucks later, Now I'm a proud owner of a Snes, a couple b-rated game to Donkey Kong Country and Earthbound (boxed and everything). Now with that story out of the way I can get to the game. Now I have play and beaten this game a couple time during my childhood days, so nothing is new here but I wanted to find, open, and listen to all the witty humor that you can find ( Ok there is one exception I wont be getting all the 1 in 128 items because I need to have some life) in this play through of this game. There are a couple thing I want to get off my mind, I guess i will start on the positive note. I wish all RPG could do this (Western and Japanese) the biggest one is the YOU WON screen, it stream lines the rpg so much rather then fight weaker enemy's it just gives you the xp and its makes a two min battle and turns it two seconds making the painfulness of backtracking so much more bearable. The second point is just a wish but I want more rpgs in the modern setting. I dont know if there is games like this other then earthbound but its the only one I know of. Its just earthbound is still fresh even being over a decade old. Now the bad, I'm about 1/3 through this game, I will try keep this spoiler free by just saying im in the town of Threed, but anyway the one fault I can have over this game is that it has a really slow start at least I find that. The stuff that makes rpgs from good to great are plot turns, new powers, hard battles. Earthbound play the first little bit too safe, find the point of interest, do a boss battle, go to the next town rinse and repeat. At least in Threed they change this and I can start reliving the fond memories I have of this game.

Wanting to buy or find:

Jak and DaxterPokemon Fire RedRed Dead Redemption Thats all gamers but I will leave you with this for now.

deepfry55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By deepfry55

An brief summary of me:

So first things first I love to play games, I guess I wouldn't be posting on this site if i didn't. I would be know as a collector, I have keep every game I gotten over the years about 12 years now, Most I have not completed and I always thought one day I would but I buy them faster then I can play. Anyway the most treasured games I have range from Metroid Trilogy all the way to Super Mario RPG on the SNES. To my newest addition Earthbound but i will get into that later. So one day I will complete everything one day but I will try to blog on my newest additions and what I'm playing as I go along :).

Playing Now:

Earthbound: So I guess a back story is in due on how I got this cart when the rarity of this game can go upwards of 300 dollar Ebay. The story is simple my older sister was moving and didn't want her SNES any more, so fifty bucks later, Now I'm a proud owner of a Snes, a couple b-rated game to Donkey Kong Country and Earthbound (boxed and everything). Now with that story out of the way I can get to the game. Now I have play and beaten this game a couple time during my childhood days, so nothing is new here but I wanted to find, open, and listen to all the witty humor that you can find ( Ok there is one exception I wont be getting all the 1 in 128 items because I need to have some life) in this play through of this game. There are a couple thing I want to get off my mind, I guess i will start on the positive note. I wish all RPG could do this (Western and Japanese) the biggest one is the YOU WON screen, it stream lines the rpg so much rather then fight weaker enemy's it just gives you the xp and its makes a two min battle and turns it two seconds making the painfulness of backtracking so much more bearable. The second point is just a wish but I want more rpgs in the modern setting. I dont know if there is games like this other then earthbound but its the only one I know of. Its just earthbound is still fresh even being over a decade old. Now the bad, I'm about 1/3 through this game, I will try keep this spoiler free by just saying im in the town of Threed, but anyway the one fault I can have over this game is that it has a really slow start at least I find that. The stuff that makes rpgs from good to great are plot turns, new powers, hard battles. Earthbound play the first little bit too safe, find the point of interest, do a boss battle, go to the next town rinse and repeat. At least in Threed they change this and I can start reliving the fond memories I have of this game.

Wanting to buy or find:

Jak and DaxterPokemon Fire RedRed Dead Redemption Thats all gamers but I will leave you with this for now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.