Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Earthworm Jim

Character » appears in 13 games

A regular Earthworm from Texas who happened to stumble upon a space suit. He starred in several platformers of the same name, most notably on the SNES and Sega Genesis.

Greatest Character

Arestice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Arestice

Earthworm Jim is the greatest character ever conceived.

Game Cover
    Game Cover
    I remember as a little kid with my sega genesis - I'd go to the local video update rental store. I'd hungrily fish through to the small yet still promising genesis pile. One day I happened to see a game that I haven't seen there before, so I picked it up and went with it. That game of course was Earthworm Jim. And that afternoon I was exposed to a character that I would soon worship.

From the first level I was in love. I was teleported to a whole new world, New Junk City my first adventure began; launching the cow into the air with a refrigerator, nimbly pulling up my butt to dodge Fifi whilst taking pot shots into the killer poodles head and finally facing off against the (not so) infamous CHUCK.
    An adventure filled with "Way Cool!" "Groovy!" and "Plasma!"

GROOOOVY
    GROOOOVY

After finally beating the game I was fixated with EWJ, I would draw him in my little "Journal" teachers made us use in elementary school. And when 1995 rolled around the cartoon aired. I shat brix when I first saw it. I was glued to it - but it was soon cut short off the air and I was left EWJless for the next few years.

Until FINALLY, while I was at a cheap $1 store I found it, the EWJ action figure, it was like a gift from god. With my crumpled dollar bill I always had with me I bought it that night and never let go (for the most part). I can remember taking Jim everywhere, I remember how when you pushed the button on his back pack his Worm body shot out, and I would shoot it at people in MacDonalds.

It wasn't long before, as most kids often do, I got bored with it. There were no new games, no cartoons nothing to keep me anymore interested - so I hooked onto Pokemon. (Yea it's true. And I still like pokemon, good game).

A few years ago I was packing my things to put in a new floor in my room when I found it, Jim's head and his gun. But his cybernetic body was nowhere to be found; however, I atleast had his head and I was once again able to bask in the glory of EWJ as I began playing the games again and soon finally bought the VHS tapes of the series and converted them onto my PC. But just having the head of EWJ around wasn't the same, so with my poor attempt at clay molding I bought a lot of sculpy and went at it.

I was determined to make EWJ's body for him. It started out nice, but I soon got sloppy and finally finished w/ paint. And pop goes the head. It was too long after that point where I decided to finally use Ebay, where I finally found another EWJ action figure and I quickly bought it.

It was obviously a later model because the paint job was different, but I didn't mind. Now I keep it on the mantle downstairs next to my silly clay model.

Ignore my mothers plate >.>
    Ignore my mothers plate >.>

Well now I'm here, waiting for the rumored Wii EWJ game, and the new cartoon as well as the rumored movie.

Anyhow some sketches I did during my English final last semester.

English final is too boring moar EWJ
    English final is too boring moar EWJ

I could never get the BG right...
    I could never get the BG right...

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By killdave

Earthworm Jim was awesome. I felt the same about it and the cartoon was fun to watch too.

They should make another uptodate one :p

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Earthworm Jim is a total classic. I was a pretty big fan, but I have nothing on you, dude.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.