Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Event[0]

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Sep 14, 2016

Event[0] is a science fiction adventure game by Ocelot Society.

Has anyone checked this out?

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After hearing about this game on the most recent Beastcast, it actually seems really neat. I get that it's sorta been done before, but I was kinda into the idea of the terminal chat parts of the game.

Has anyone been playing it? Does the game go in-depth in that area at all, or is the story decent enough to warrant checking it out?

JCofDI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JCofDI

I've been giving it a shot (played through it once), also after hearing about it on the Beastcast. The story is fairly standard stuff with a couple interesting beats, as you kinda expected, so on to the terminal aspect.

I don't think it's as good as Danielle makes it sound. It seems like talking to a customer service chat bot except if it doesn't understand you it'll just say something somewhat plot related, so you're not quite sure if it really didn't understand you or if it did and it's just trying to cheekily skirt your question at any given time. It's short - Steam says I've got 2 hours of playtime on it - and it seems you could probably get all the endings by just reloading the last checkpoint so replayability is probably only really to get the "find all logs" type of achievements.

I enjoyed my time with it, but in terms of $20 SciFi games set around the Europa moon of Jupiter involving suspicious AI that I've played this week: I preferred The Turing Test.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

There is a nice write up about the chatter-bot and about where AI is going in an interview with, Ocelot Society co-founder Sergey Mohov, on gamasutra.com.

If there is one frontier that need some work in gaming even with current technology ist is game AI. We are doing well with visuals and streamlining tech so that voice and speech fit together with animation. But to really tell broader and bigger stories in broader bigger worlds there needs to be some AI work done. AI Middleware must go beyond the current AI middleware of just Real-time pathfinding, path data analysis, and spatial awareness . Where to go, how to get there thoughfully, and how not to bump into things should not be the only thing AI is about. Added on to that needs to be how to act, what to say, and how to interact with speech or text directions. And, yes, some better chatter-bot functions are needed for low level AI characters.

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I really got my money's worth, very short and story was quite slim. I would have enjoyed exploring the space-station for much longer and learn more about the backstory, the atmosphere was really nice. The console interactions were kind of hit & miss, it was more interesting than having to read plain instructions but especially towards the end it felt like playing a text-adventure without a manual because there is no list of commands that you can just look-up. There's a bit where you have to open a door before you die and was stuck for an hour on that one bit and dying repeatedly before figuring out the sequence of commands required to get through. Also at the end I hit another block and eventually made it through just by randomly testing different keywords.

Williamwaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

saas integration platforms are a great way to connect different software applications and make them work together seamlessly. By using a SaaS integration platform, businesses can save time and money by avoiding the need to develop custom integrations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.