Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Anyone esle kinda iffy about Fallout 3 on PS3?

• 67 results
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword
    I mean, its kinda obvious Bethesda is favoring the 360 version more. THey only demo it on 360 and all screens are for the 360 version. ITs like the PS3 version dosent even exist. For gods sake, they have to use 360 screens in PS3 magazines because they only show the 360 version. Not to mention the Exclusive DLC on 360. THis makes me think theyre focusing alot more on 360 then PS3 and were going to get the short end of the stick once again. Anyone else kidna iffy about it?
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Demilich

Not to worry. PC messiah saves all.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ravensword

I dont have a gaming PC.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Demyx

They did the same thing for "The Elder Scrolls Oblivion"

its w/e. The best version would probably be on the PC anyway.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ravensword

The did the same thing fior Oblivion becasue Oblivion on 360 came out a Year before the PS3 version.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By shadows_kill

dude the exclusive downlaod content is nothing cause the game is going to be really long anyway. they had the ps3 version show on the e3 demo and it looked nice. im buying the special edition.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By kush

I'm sure it will be fine on the PS3, but the 360 version may be slightly better. Though the PC version will undoubtedly be the best and it will have a great mod community.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Patchinko
    No, I'm not.

I'll be getting it on the PC anyway, though.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shadows_kill

i wish i had a awesome PC :(

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By AaronBelfast
    Raven_Sword said:
    "
    I mean, its kinda obvious Bethesda is favoring the 360 version more. THey only demo it on 360 and all screens are for the 360 version. ITs like the PS3 version dosent even exist. For gods sake, they have to use 360 screens in PS3 magazines because they only show the 360 version. Not to mention the Exclusive DLC on 360. THis makes me think theyre focusing alot more on 360 then PS3 and were going to get the short end of the stick once again. Anyone else kidna iffy about it?
    "
    Whats your point? All games that are both on the 360/PS3 are always marketed with the 360 version. That will continue to happen until the PS3 passes the 360 in sales.
    lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lantus

Bethesda knows what they're doing on PS3, there's no need to be so paranoid. They've even gone on record saying the PS3 version won't have an install, which is nice and saves some people harddrive space. Unless the PS3 version actually ends up being noticeably worse, I'm going to get it for PS3.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ravensword

We cant really use Oblivion as a accurate Representation of wether Fallout 3 will be good on PS3 or not becasue Oblivion on PS3 came out a year after 360 version. meaning they had extra time to make it better, unlike with Fallout 3.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demilich

If I recall, although the PS3 version of Oblivion was late, it was also equally polished and just as good.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pause422

Oblivion on the PS3, it came out later and looked better than the 360 version and everything, I'm sure they know what they're doing with all their platforms atm. It will be fine on both consoles..whatever exclusive DLC there is, hell the game is gonna be so big and long its hardly relevant...it'll be superior in every way on the PC to those anyway,with the mod community any PC mods and such will be better than any exclusive 360 DLC, so don't compare the consoles..it'll be fine.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mourne

Well, the PS3 version of Oblivion--even with an extra year of development on an already-complete game--had downsides as well. There are some comparisons out there, and the PS3 is definitely trailing the 360 in a number of aspects for the game while ahead in others (just Google it, not going to go on and on about this).

It's no surprise that Bethesda is favoring the 360 version. They had a tremendous amount of success with the 360 version of Oblivion, which most critics likened as the superior product to even the PC release (due to the PC's ridiculously high system requirements and the like). Accessibility alone is a big factor in today's marketplace, so developing for the 360 is a no-brainer for most developers.

I doubt the exclusive DLC for the game will make any difference whatsoever, for the simple fact that an additional quest or two really isn't that big of a deal in a game like this. For GTAIV, it sounds like that 25 hours of additional gameplay is going to be rather serious, unlike what they'll initially put out for Fallout 3. For me, personally... I like the idea of doing full, downloadable expansions for these types of games. I want a lot of content at once (take six months, post-release, I don't mind) so I can really get my money's worth, instead of having to come back every three months for two new quests and a bare-bones island to walk on. So, my take on it is basically: If the DLC is as "substanial" as they claim, it should be pretty mindblowing. I think they learned their lesson with the Horse Armor fiasco, so I think it's safe to assume you'll get your money's worth--eventually.

To answer your question, though: The game will be fine on the PS3. Despite minor differences (both positive and negative) to other versions, it should still be completely playable without any real issues.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pause422

I guarantee the DLC will not be 'mindblowing' it will be better than horse armor, just won't be anything amazing...I don't care if its 5 hours of extra quests, or even 10..if its just more quests and thats all it is,which I'm assuming, I don't care at all...the mod community on the PC will cook up something way better than 360 DLC anyway, and thats just a fact. Also the gta DLC being 25 hours long is just a rumor, and by that I'm getting the same thing..just new missions....something I don't think most people give a fuck about also...with it coming out on PC soon, if someone wants good 'dlc' for GTAIV and new weapons/vehicles/cities/stores/content you're better off getting the PC version once more, mod community will be far better than whatever the DLC turns out to be.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mourne
    pause422 said:
    "I guarantee the DLC will not be 'mindblowing' it will be better than horse armor, just won't be anything amazing...I don't care if its 5 hours of extra quests, or even 10..if its just more quests and thats all it is,which I'm assuming, I don't care at all...the mod community on the PC will cook up something way better than 360 DLC anyway, and thats just a fact. Also the gta DLC being 25 hours long is just a rumor, and by that I'm getting the same thing..just new missions....something I don't think most people give a fuck about also...with it coming out on PC soon, if someone wants good 'dlc' for GTAIV and new weapons/vehicles/cities/stores/content you're better off getting the PC version once more, mod community will be far better than whatever the DLC turns out to be."
    To be frank, you're really coming off as a very defensive PS3 fanboy whose only answer is, "G-G-Get it on the PC if not PS3!". How is ten hours of extra quests not great? That's an amazing amount of content for a relatively cheap price (assuming it's relative to past DLC). That's practically extending the game by 30-35% for some people, as I only spent a good twenty or so total hours in Oblivion before calling it quits. With ten more hours, you're getting another third of the game.

Look, no matter how great mods are for Fallout 3 or GTAIV on the PC, they will never be official, and thus they are not a true extension of the game itself. Thus, the universe of the game cannot be officially expanded. For those that like to see their games continued by official channels, 25 hours of extra story missions and the like is incredibly substanial. This type of DLC is a way for developers to truly continue their games beyond the initial release, and that's an amazing prospect. When you put this in the hands of some of the world's leading developers (Bethesda and Rockstar more than qualify under that header), "mindblowing" things are more than possible. Dismissing it as anything but amazing potential is something only fanboys of rival consoles would do, and your post is a gleaming example of that.

In short: Don't be a fanboy simply to justify your console's existence. The PS3 is a big boy now--it doesn't need your help, I promise.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pause422

wow you're dumb if you got that from anything I said....at the basis I said if he is worried about the PS3 version he shouldn't be, the only superior one will be the PC one because of bethesda's mod community. Both console versions will be fine, thats what he asked, thats what I said. As someone who has started with most games on the PC, mod communities in games can keep them alive for years and years after people no longer play them on consoles, thats basically the basis of what I was saying. My god, check any of my posts or my damn bio, I'm anything but a fanboy to any platform...consoles will always be second to PC to me just because I love mouse/kb controls so much better , and the great mod communities certain games are bound to have can keep them alive way longer than they normally live on consoles , honestly...I'm probably one of the only people that actually try to stop the retards down when they get into the fanboy shit with "this console/online/game is better because <insert bullshit reason here that isn't relevant or fact but they think so here>" I like both the 360 and PS3 and PC, though I'll always feel at home on the PC. I believe you veered incredibly off topic to make a jackass out of yourself btw, if you want to go on a fanboy hating spree, I'll direct you towards Riddler or Keanu, but its definitely not me.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#19  Edited By mike

At this point, the upcoming ability to fully install Xbox 360 games to the hard drive in order to reduce load times is making me lean towards the 360 version of Fallout 3.  I'm looking forward to see how the two versions stack up against one another.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By BoG

The only thing that I don't like is that the PS3 version won't be getting the DLC. Of course, I don't mind, as I never played the Mass Effect bonus quests, and seeing as how Fallout will be much bigger, I have nothing to worry about.
    Also, some complain about the DS3 being bad for FPS games. In rebuttal to that argument, Fallout 3 is not an FPS, it is an RPG that has the option to play in first person. I think the controls will be fine.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By demonbear

PS3 is my console so im buying fallout 3 for that.

Plus, from what i've seen of oblivion on the PC, chances are the PC version of fallout 3 is just a port of the console version. Just look at oblivion's menu interface. It's built from the ground up with consoles in mind.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pause422

I think its definitely an adjustment...I'm sure more prefer a 360 controller for FPS just because of the way the joysticks are spread out or maybe their tighter feel, but it doesn't bother me...I go between 360 and PS3 easily with anything including shooters, at first it takes a sec to adjust, but its just like if you were from 2 different shooters with different controls, also takes a few minutes to adjust and remember everything..other than that the layout and position of every button is identical on both controllers from the top buttons to the right 4 face buttons..but as you said, this is definitely less of a shooter and way more of an RPG anyway.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mourne
    pause422 said:
    "wow you're dumb if you got that from anything I said....at the basis I said if he is worried about the PS3 version he shouldn't be, the only superior one will be the PC one because of bethesda's mod community. Both console versions will be fine, thats what he asked, thats what I said. As someone who has started with most games on the PC, mod communities in games can keep them alive for years and years after people no longer play them on consoles, thats basically the basis of what I was saying. My god, check any of my posts or my damn bio, I'm anything but a fanboy to any platform...consoles will always be second to PC to me just because I love mouse/kb controls so much better , and the great mod communities certain games are bound to have can keep them alive way longer than they normally live on consoles , honestly...I'm probably one of the only people that actually try to stop the retards down when they get into the fanboy shit with "this console/online/game is better because <insert bullshit reason here that isn't relevant or fact but they think so here>" I like both the 360 and PS3 and PC, though I'll always feel at home on the PC. I believe you veered incredibly off topic to make a jackass out of yourself btw, if you want to go on a fanboy hating spree, I'll direct you towards Riddler or Keanu, but its definitely not me."
    Can you please break up what you're saying in the future? It's very difficult to keep up with paragraphs that have random ellipses and strange spacing issues all around.

Every single thing I said, "btw," was in regards to why the DLC is a worthwhile commitment and is worth consideration for determining which console to purchase the game for. Nothing about that was off-topic in any way, as that was something directly addressed in the topic quite a few times.

You were coming off as an extremely defensive PS3 fanboy, no matter what your intention was. I own all of the current gen systems and I am able to admit the flaws of each, and when it comes to a multi-platform game that gets more content and features on one console over the others... That version should truly be considered. Fact remains that you have completely underestimated the potential of Bethesda's "substanial" DLC for the game, and it certainly bears mentioning to prospective customers. As I, too, said, the PS3 will be fine if that is your only option. However, if someone has the option between the two versions, the DLC on the 360 needs to be mentioned.

So, again: Leaning toward the PS3 version only by saying that the prospective DLC is completely worthless is just not an accurate statement--especially considering we only know that it is, as they said, "substanial." Even if that is ten hours of DLC, as you suggested, we're talking about a new third of a game here. So, if there are people looking to buy it for one of the two consoles, my suggestion is to wait and see exactly what the offering will be on each.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pause422

The OP never made it clear whether they owned both a PS3 or 360 was kinda what was behind my main statement, the question sorta seemed like they only had a PS3, but I can't really tell because of how they worded it. I wasn't trying to say the DLC is complete garbage no matter what it is, if you look I said "I don't care for it" just meaning me, since I'll be playing the PC one anyway..so forgive me if that came off rash or somehow fanboyish, I'm sure plenty of people will care, mainly I was just stating that I doubt the PS3 is getting the "short end of the stick" like they seemed to possibly think, I'm sure both console versions will be nearly identical in the game itself, just no one knows yet as far as the DLC goes.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Demilich

Whatever DLC is given to consoles, PC users will mod it in very shortly after. The only time I wouldn't suggest anyone buy a game on PC if the option is there, is if the game is a third person action.

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KindGalaxy

It'll be fine on the PS3, I'm buying it on the PC since I do have a computer that'll handle it but still; the variation between the X360 and PS3 is so minimal these days for third party titles that if I was going to choose between my PS3 and X360 version it'd come down to external (out of game) preferences, namely achievements/trophies and friends lists, I have 3 friends on PS3 and about 2 dozen on X360, I have a +11k achievement score and a 4 trophy score, I'd pick my X360 for console Fallout 3 due to these factors, both will be great, it's not like a PS3-only owner is gimped or anything, it'll still be great.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By brukaoru

I don't think FallOut 3 will have many problems on the PS3, I think people with both consoles will just decide what version to get based on whether they want the DLC or not.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mourne
    pause422 said:
    "The OP never made it clear whether they owned both a PS3 or 360 was kinda what was behind my main statement, the question sorta seemed like they only had a PS3, but I can't really tell because of how they worded it. I wasn't trying to say the DLC is complete garbage no matter what it is, if you look I said "I don't care for it" just meaning me, since I'll be playing the PC one anyway..so forgive me if that came off rash or somehow fanboyish, I'm sure plenty of people will care, mainly I was just stating that I doubt the PS3 is getting the "short end of the stick" like they seemed to possibly think, I'm sure both console versions will be nearly identical in the game itself, just no one knows yet as far as the DLC goes."
    Fair enough, I can get behind that.
    Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By killer_meatballs

I  only have a PS3, so I'll have to do with it.    Oct 28th seems soo far  away.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    Demilich said:
    "Not to worry. PC messiah saves all."
    QFT.
    But i really dont care, if the game is anything like  Oblivion ( which it seems like it)   it will suck!!11!!11
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ravensword

I own both a 360 and PS3. I was thinking of getting it for PS3, but was kinda eh about the PS3 version. thats why I made the topic.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By Pibo47
    Raven_Sword said:
    "I own both a 360 and PS3. I was thinking of getting it for PS3, but was kinda eh about the PS3 version. thats why I made the topic."

Get it for the 360, or the PC. They are screwing the PS3...
    Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Patchinko
    Mourne said:
    "pause422 said:
    "I guarantee the DLC will not be 'mindblowing' it will be better than horse armor, just won't be anything amazing...I don't care if its 5 hours of extra quests, or even 10..if its just more quests and thats all it is,which I'm assuming, I don't care at all...the mod community on the PC will cook up something way better than 360 DLC anyway, and thats just a fact. Also the gta DLC being 25 hours long is just a rumor, and by that I'm getting the same thing..just new missions....something I don't think most people give a fuck about also...with it coming out on PC soon, if someone wants good 'dlc' for GTAIV and new weapons/vehicles/cities/stores/content you're better off getting the PC version once more, mod community will be far better than whatever the DLC turns out to be."
    To be frank, you're really coming off as a very defensive PS3 fanboy whose only answer is, "G-G-Get it on the PC if not PS3!". How is ten hours of extra quests not great? That's an amazing amount of content for a relatively cheap price (assuming it's relative to past DLC). That's practically extending the game by 30-35% for some people, as I only spent a good twenty or so total hours in Oblivion before calling it quits. With ten more hours, you're getting another third of the game.

Look, no matter how great mods are for Fallout 3 or GTAIV on the PC, they will never be official, and thus they are not a true extension of the game itself. Thus, the universe of the game cannot be officially expanded. For those that like to see their games continued by official channels, 25 hours of extra story missions and the like is incredibly substanial. This type of DLC is a way for developers to truly continue their games beyond the initial release, and that's an amazing prospect. When you put this in the hands of some of the world's leading developers (Bethesda and Rockstar more than qualify under that header), "mindblowing" things are more than possible. Dismissing it as anything but amazing potential is something only fanboys of rival consoles would do, and your post is a gleaming example of that.

In short: Don't be a fanboy simply to justify your console's existence. The PS3 is a big boy now--it doesn't need your help, I promise."

To be fair, you're coming off as a 360 fanboy, especially with your knock against the mod community (which we already know is very strong with regards to Fallout and Bethesda in general).

To use your own statement as an example, consider what you said, but make it in regards to PC mods and the mod community: "Dismissing it as anything but amazing potential is something only fanboys of rival consoles would do, and your post is a gleaming example of that."

Just trying to put your posts in perspective for you. Take a bit of your own advice if you're going to dish it out: Don't be a fanboy.
    Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mourne
    Patchinko said:
    "To be fair, you're coming off as a 360 fanboy, especially with your knock against the mod community (which we already know is very strong with regards to Fallout and Bethesda in general).

To use your own statement as an example, consider what you said, but make it in regards to PC mods and the mod community: "Dismissing it as anything but amazing potential is something only fanboys of rival consoles would do, and your post is a gleaming example of that."

Just trying to put your posts in perspective for you. Take a bit of your own advice if you're going to dish it out: Don't be a fanboy."
    Sorry, there was nothing fanboy'ish about my post to anyone willing to actually read it. I never once said that there was anything wrong with mods. I said that they will never be official for these games, which means that they are not actually expanding the lore of the game. To offhandedly dismiss official downloadable content straight from the developers just simply isn't wise, and that was the point I made in the post. I own a PS3 myself, and I simply stated that if he has a 360 & PS3, it would be wise to consider the DLC for his purchase.

To say that one more time to make sure you didn't skip over it: There's nothing wrong with modding, and I never said there was. But, once more: mods shouldn't really be brought up in a conversation about console downloadable content, because those mods are not official means of expanding the game. I've seen some brilliant mods over the years (but few great ones outside of the HL arena), but the majority of them are unable to hold the attention of anyone but dedicated PC gamers for long. I'm sure there will be quite a few mods coming out for Fallout 3, and that's great for PC gamers, but the original poster made no indiciation that he was interested in a PC version. He only acknowledged that he had doubts over the PS3 version, and mentioned the 360 version potentially being better (including the DLC). Since Pause dismissed the DLC, I thought I would simply rebut this with my own opinion--either of us could be outright wrong about it, but my personal stance would be to not simply dismiss it.

Why would you even use my line from earlier (regarding dismissing the amazing potential of "official DLC") in order to make that point? Did you even read the rest of the post? The entire post was about dismissing official DLC offhandedly--it had nothing to do with what modders can do. I even stated in the original post that modding is great, but it simply cannot compare to what official DLC offers in that actual downloadable content from developers can completely revitalize a game--adding more actual depth to the world, both story-wise and location-wise. Modding simply cannot extend that world, as it's more akin to how fan fiction relates to literature in that respect.

Thanks for (at least making an attempt at) putting my posts into "perspective," but I highly suggest you read the posts before doing anything of the like. I explicitly mentioned that the PS3 version would be absolutely fine, but if the 360 is an option, it's worth consideration. That's not something a fanboy would say--that's something someone who owns all three of this generation's consoles would say, as a fellow consumer.

There's nothing more to it than that. Next time, actually think about what you're reading before you make a post, as it was quite clear I was being objective about what OFFICIAL downloadable content means (both now and in the future). It's simply this, if you don't get it by now: the original poster could regret missing out on it in the future, and I thought it necessary to post my own opinion--just as Pause did. We both came at it from different angles, but our end suggestions are much akin.
    Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Patchinko
    Mourne said:
    "Patchinko said:
    "To be fair, you're coming off as a 360 fanboy, especially with your knock against the mod community (which we already know is very strong with regards to Fallout and Bethesda in general).

Just trying to put your posts in perspective for you. Take a bit of your own advice if you're going to dish it out: Don't be a fanboy."
    Sorry, there was nothing fanboy'ish about my post to anyone willing to actually read it. I never once said that there was anything wrong with mods. I said that they will never be official for these games, which means that they are not actually expanding the lore of the game. To offhandedly dismiss official downloadable content straight from the developers just simply isn't wise, and that was the point I made in the post. I own a PS3 myself, and I simply stated that if he has a 360 & PS3, it would be wise to consider the DLC for his purchase.

To say that one more time to make sure you didn't skip over it: There's nothing wrong with modding, and I never said there was. But, once more: mods shouldn't really be brought up in a conversation about console downloadable content, because those mods are not official means of expanding the game. I've seen some brilliant mods over the years (but few great ones outside of the HL arena), but the majority of them are unable to hold the attention of anyone but dedicated PC gamers for long. I'm sure there will be quite a few mods coming out for Fallout 3, and that's great for PC gamers, but the original poster made no indiciation that he was interested in a PC version. He only acknowledged that he had doubts over the PS3 version, and mentioned the 360 version potentially being better (including the DLC). Since Pause dismissed the DLC, I thought I would simply rebut this with my own opinion--either of us could be outright wrong about it, but my personal stance would be to not simply dismiss it.

Why would you even use my line from earlier (regarding dismissing the amazing potential of "official DLC") in order to make that point? Did you even read the rest of the post? The entire post was about dismissing official DLC offhandedly--it had nothing to do with what modders can do. I even stated in the original post that modding is great, but it simply cannot compare to what official DLC offers in that actual downloadable content from developers can completely revitalize a game--adding more actual depth to the world, both story-wise and location-wise. Modding simply cannot extend that world, as it's more akin to how fan fiction relates to literature in that respect.

Thanks for (at least making an attempt at) putting my posts into "perspective," but I highly suggest you read the posts before doing anything of the like. I explicitly mentioned that the PS3 version would be absolutely fine, but if the 360 is an option, it's worth consideration. That's not something a fanboy would say--that's something someone who owns all three of this generation's consoles would say, as a fellow consumer.

There's nothing more to it than that. Next time, actually think about what you're reading before you make a post, as it was quite clear I was being objective about what OFFICIAL downloadable content means (both now and in the future). It's simply this, if you don't get it by now: the original poster could regret missing out on it in the future, and I thought it necessary to post my own opinion--just as Pause did. We both came at it from different angles, but our end suggestions are much akin."
    So, as someone who read your posts, I'm telling you directly that you come off as a 360 fanboy to me. Sorry if that offends you. But at least I'm not making an mockery of you by pretending you're stammering and going, "B-b-b-but official DLC is sooooo much better than unofficial crap!!!" like you did to pause422 in the response I quoted last time. I'm giving you a base level of respect, pointing out how you come across, and giving you a chance to demonstrate that my impression is wrong.

I'm also telling you that you're dismissing mods on the PC like they aren't a big deal, when they're actually a huge factor in deciding platform if PC is an option for the player. The "officialness" of the 360 DLC is a factor, but the sheer amount of PC mods and the proven quality of PC mods in other games (think Oblivion) is also a factor. And you can't bring up one while ignoring the other, or trying to pass it off as one as "mind-blowing" while shrugging off the other because it's "unofficial", which is precisely what you did. (And I know that you did, because I read your posts.) The bottom line is, PC mods are a huge addition to this type of game that will be unavailable to the 360 and PS3 versions, and as soon as you reach into the realm of comparing the PC version with either of those two versions, you have to mention mods. pause422 might have been doing so just to downplay the importance of DLC when comparing 360 to PS3, but it was still a comparison between 360 and PC, which you furthered in the response to him, which I quoted in my last post.

And therein lies the sense in what I said here:

So instead of making assumptions that I didn't read your posts or that I'm not a thoughtful individual, and instead of "retorting" with five paragraphs of dismissive, rather insulting replies to things I didn't even say, you might want to actually consider what I'm saying and question whether it's accurate, then construct a reply with a little more content, a lot less repetetition and that addresses the point. Namely, that PC mods are a serious consideration that are at least on par with potential "official" exclusive DLC on the 360, and that any comparison between versions that includes the PC needs to consider mods, much how "official DLC" needs to be considered for the 360 version.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

i bet the versions will be the same except for the fact the ps3 will have no DLC 

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Patchinko

More important than some stupid argument though, a lot of people probably saw this yesterday, but if not, it's got a bit of info about the game and DLC from an interview at PAX.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mourne
    Patchinko said:
    "So, as someone who read your posts, I'm telling you directly that you come off as a 360 fanboy to me. Sorry if that offends you. But at least I'm not making an mockery of you by pretending you're stammering and going, "B-b-b-but official DLC is sooooo much better than unofficial crap!!!" like you did to pause422 in the response I quoted last time. I'm giving you a base level of respect, pointing out how you come across, and giving you a chance to demonstrate that my impression is wrong.

I'm also telling you that you're dismissing mods on the PC like they aren't a big deal, when they're actually a huge factor in deciding platform if PC is an option for the player. The "officialness" of the 360 DLC is a factor, but the sheer amount of PC mods and the proven quality of PC mods in other games (think Oblivion) is also a factor. And you can't bring up one while ignoring the other, or trying to pass it off as one as "mind-blowing" while shrugging off the other because it's "unofficial", which is precisely what you did. (And I know that you did, because I read your posts.) The bottom line is, PC mods are a huge addition to this type of game that will be unavailable to the 360 and PS3 versions, and as soon as you reach into the realm of comparing the PC version with either of those two versions, you have to mention mods. pause422 might have been doing so just to downplay the importance of DLC when comparing 360 to PS3, but it was still a comparison between 360 and PC, which you furthered in the response to him, which I quoted in my last post.

So instead of making assumptions that I didn't read your posts or that I'm not a thoughtful individual, and instead of "retorting" with five paragraphs of dismissive, rather insulting replies to things I didn't even say, you might want to actually consider what I'm saying and question whether it's accurate, then construct a reply with a little more content, a lot less repetetition and that addresses the point. Namely, that PC mods are a serious consideration that are at least on par with potential "official" exclusive DLC on the 360, and that any comparison between versions that includes the PC needs to consider mods, much how "official DLC" needs to be considered for the 360 version."
    Here's how this has gone:

1) I post in response to Pauses's post, saying "official" DLC is very important and express that the PS3/360 versions are both more than playable; PC mods are great, but they are not a replacement for an official extension of the game. Given that the original poster made absolutely no indication that a PC version was an option to him (the system requirements are sure to be higher than Oblivion, which was already high by comparison), "mods are the answer to everything" simply is not going to work for him.

2) You post saying "official" DLC is good, but PC mods are as good if not better. Given that the original poster made absolutely no indication that he was interested in the PC version, this again is absolutely unnecessary. Even though I said outright that I respect mods, you just didn't take that into account.

I have used many mods over the years, including in open-world games such as this one (and especially GTA: Vice City), and--as I said before--they are great for some fun for dedicated PC gamers. Dedicated. PC. gamers. The original poster made absolutely no indication that he was interested in the PC version, which I have said several times now. Thus, once more, I must note that suggesting to him the PC version was not appropriate given the fact that he specifically mentioned the two console versions. The obvious conclusion to this is that he is more interested in the console versions of the game, and either dislikes PC gaming or has a PC incompatible with the PC gaming scene.

I mean, if we have to accuse people of being fanboys, I would have to deduce that you are, in fact, a mod & PC fanboy. If you (very falsely) believe I am a 360 fanboy, I direct you to any number of other topics on the board in which I have specifically posted about PS3 games and PS3 features in a positive light. Hell, go look at a fellow DLC-worth thread for Mirror's Edge. Ahhh, that's what I thought. I'm not a fanboy, but if you want to keep saying that, that's fine--it's completely irrelevant to the discussion, so move on.

To note: The reason I used the stammering line on Pause was because of how his post was worded (unnecessary elipsises, one stream of excuses thrown out left and right as to why DLC doesn't matter), but I'm sure you've already realized that by now.

To sum this up: The OP mentioned the console versions and the 360 has actual DLC for it that is "substanial." He did not mention a PC version, which has many grreat potential mods coming out for it, so it simply isn't relevant to the discussion and using it as a crutch (as Pause did) in order to downplay the importance of the 360's DLC is inappropriate.

Given how completely useless our posts are becoming, I'm all-too-done with this topic. It's more than exhausted at this point, so I hope it ends well.

Cheerio.
    Vecta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vecta

The 360 is the games lead platform, so whilst it will be probably be fine on the PS3, the 360 version should not have any hiccups at all. The only real issue is whether or not you want the DLC  and that can only be decided after you have played the game and like or dislike it.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Patchinko
    Mourne said:
    "Patchinko said:
    "So, as someone who read your posts, I'm telling you directly that you come off as a 360 fanboy to me. Sorry if that offends you. But at least I'm not making an mockery of you by pretending you're stammering and going, "B-b-b-but official DLC is sooooo much better than unofficial crap!!!" like you did to pause422 in the response I quoted last time. I'm giving you a base level of respect, pointing out how you come across, and giving you a chance to demonstrate that my impression is wrong.

So instead of making assumptions that I didn't read your posts or that I'm not a thoughtful individual, and instead of "retorting" with five paragraphs of dismissive, rather insulting replies to things I didn't even say, you might want to actually consider what I'm saying and question whether it's accurate, then construct a reply with a little more content, a lot less repetetition and that addresses the point. Namely, that PC mods are a serious consideration that are at least on par with potential "official" exclusive DLC on the 360, and that any comparison between versions that includes the PC needs to consider mods, much how "official DLC" needs to be considered for the 360 version."
    Here's how this has gone:

1) I post in response to Pauses's post, saying "official" DLC is very important and express that the PS3/360 versions are both more than playable; PC mods are great, but they are not a replacement for an official extension of the game. Given that the original poster made absolutely no indication that a PC version was an option to him (the system requirements are sure to be higher than Oblivion, which was already high by comparison), "mods are the answer to everything" simply is not going to work for him.

2) You post saying "official" DLC is good, but PC mods are as good if not better. Given that the original poster made absolutely no indication that he was interested in the PC version, this again is absolutely unnecessary. Even though I said outright that I respect mods, you just didn't take that into account.

I have used many mods over the years, including in open-world games such as this one (and especially GTA: Vice City), and--as I said before--they are great for some fun for dedicated PC gamers. Dedicated. PC. gamers. The original poster made absolutely no indication that he was interested in the PC version, which I have said several times now. Thus, once more, I must note that suggesting to him the PC version was not appropriate given the fact that he specifically mentioned the two console versions. The obvious conclusion to this is that he is more interested in the console versions of the game, and either dislikes PC gaming or has a PC incompatible with the PC gaming scene.

I mean, if we have to accuse people of being fanboys, I would have to deduce that you are, in fact, a mod & PC fanboy. If you (very falsely) believe I am a 360 fanboy, I direct you to any number of other topics on the board in which I have specifically posted about PS3 games and PS3 features in a positive light. Hell, go look at a fellow DLC-worth thread for Mirror's Edge. Ahhh, that's what I thought. I'm not a fanboy, but if you want to keep saying that, that's fine--it's completely irrelevant to the discussion, so move on.

To note: The reason I used the stammering line on Pause was because of how his post was worded (unnecessary elipsises, one stream of excuses thrown out left and right as to why DLC doesn't matter), but I'm sure you've already realized that by now.

To sum this up: The OP mentioned the console versions and the 360 has actual DLC for it that is "substanial." He did not mention a PC version, which has many grreat potential mods coming out for it, so it simply isn't relevant to the discussion and using it as a crutch (as Pause did) in order to downplay the importance of the 360's DLC is inappropriate.

Given how completely useless our posts are becoming, I'm all-too-done with this topic. It's more than exhausted at this point, so I hope it ends well.

Cheerio."
    Thank you, that was much more thoughtful and yes, I understand your stance. I agree, our posts are pretty much worthless here and the conversation probably isn't worth perpetuating. But I will say right now that I don't think you're a 360 fanboy generally, just that that's how you were coming across here. I will point out that my argument has never been regarding advice given to the OP, but instead with the suggestion that a release with the potential for mods is somehow inferior to a release with no mods but with a bit of exclusive DLC.

And if you want to call me a "PC fanboy" in regards to this game, by all means do so. To me, the mod situation makes this game infinitely more appealing on PC than 360 or PS3, much as it did for Oblivion. That said, if there were no modding and the only way to get additional content were XBL, I'd probably be a 360 fanboy for this game. But as it stands, it goes with Oblivion and Orange Box as games I feel are vastly superior on PC. Of course, time will tell if that's going to be true (I'll be trying both PC and 360 versions of this game).

Anyway, the best part about our argument is that we seem to basically agree that the PS3 version is likely to be no worse than the 360 version and the main difference will be the DLC. And that's more why I'd focus on the PC version here, regardless of the OP asking about it specifically, because of the three versions, it's the one with the most differences thanks to the modding community, IMO. You'll note that in my original post on this thread, I addressed just that. My later post was not in response to the OP.
    Sniffulls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By Sniffulls

I'd say they probably prefer PC.  Bethesda is a solid developer, so I would worry too much.

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DrPepper1990

Im iffy about the game in general.

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By StressedOutCat

usually what we have seen.. games that have been made with the xbox 360/PC in mind and then made a port to the ps3.. and they all released at the same time...
    ps3 version usually ends up the worst version of the 3.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By shadows_kill
    DrPepper1990 said:
    "Im iffy about the game in general."
    you shouldn't be
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By jakob187

I'm kinda iffy about Fallout 3 in general...because ya know...they put real-time bullshit in the game.

...and Fallout is NOT supposed to be real-time for any reason.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By RHCPfan24

Don't care.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    jakob187 said:
    "I'm kinda iffy about Fallout 3 in general...because ya know...they put real-time bullshit in the game.
    "
    Oh wow listen dude do you think fallout 3 would sell if it went back to the old  over view and turn based combat your a fool because the old fallouts actually didn't sell overly well and there is a reason the old company that made fallout lost all there money 
    now adays i dont think a fallout game would sell if it went back to the old ways besides i played the demo of the "fallout 3" van buren thing it was rubbish so..........
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By jakob187
    ZombieHunter said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "I'm kinda iffy about Fallout 3 in general...because ya know...they put real-time bullshit in the game.
    "
    Oh wow listen dude do you think fallout 3 would sell if it went back to the old  over view and turn based combat your a fool because the old fallouts actually didn't sell overly well and there is a reason the old company that made fallout lost all there money 
    now adays i dont think a fallout game would sell if it went back to the old ways besides i played the demo of the "fallout 3" van buren thing it was rubbish so..........
    "
    That's almost like saying "do you think that diablo 3 would sell if it was still an isometric viewpoint and the same hack 'n' slash gameplay".
    Your quote = EPIK PHAIL!

The reason the original Fallout games never sold was because of two things and two things alone:

A.  a growing fanbase (as compared to an installed fanbase) from a developer that was relatively small at the time
    B.  Interplay's constant financial woes

The games were never able to get any promotion outside of the usual RPG crowd.  On top of which, the game was PC-specific for the core series, and the console versions weren't anything spectacular at ALL, so those playing with their controllers didn't get a good representation of what the franchise had to offer.

Meanwhile, Bethesda and all their infinite wretchedness get ahold of the franchise and say "hey, let's make this a post-apocalyptic Elder Scrolls", making V.A.T. a completely unnecessary part of the gameplay, which for anyone who actually KNEW the franchise, V.A.T. is super incredible and one of the main selling points of the game.  Where do you think all these people even came up with the idea of LIMB-SPECIFIC DAMAGE?

So, please, next time you want to come to a thread for a scrap, make sure you got your facts, man.

Getting back to the topic at hand...I'm iffy about the game because it has real-time bullshit.

...and Fallout should NEVER had real-time anything.
    PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PenguinNerd

I once was back with the E3 footage but after seeing some more recent footage I CAN'T WAIT!

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By giyanks22

This game doesn't look good to me on any platform.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.