Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Don't know why people are hating on this game?

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By JJGIANT

I love it. Really engrossing environment and charecters, the gunplay might be a bit clunky but their are a lot worse games.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Driadon

From what I've read, people are being nitpicky (myself included) but still say that it is a very very good game regardless.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

I think most of the negativity occurred before the game came out. Most of what I've heard has been rather positive.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I haven't heard anyone hating on it. I've heard a handful of small complaints about parts of the game, but no one's been hating on it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

There's plenty of people hating on it, and I was one of the prime haters before the release.  I'm still playing it, taking my sweet time with it.  It's a pretty in-depth game, lots to do, lots to explore, and I never get tired of blowing a dood's head off and watching his limbs go flying because of Bloody Mess.  = D

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By kush

I don't think there have been that many haters, but most hate is likely based around the fact that you can't play this as a shooter at all...you HAVE to use VATS.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jayge_
    Kush said:
    "I don't think there have been that many haters, but most hate is likely based around the fact that you can't play this as a shooter at all...you HAVE to use VATS."
    No you don't. It makes the game waaay easier, but you don't.
    FallenFatKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By FallenFatKid

i  like it

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Captain_Fookup

"VATS" gets tiresome quick with the awkward and misplaced camera angles when you get a critical hit in a place that isn't barren. The voice acting is yet again like oblivion atrocious same with the facial expressions and character models.  Right now I'm playing on the 360 and eventually plan on getting it for the pc if and when Bethsoft releases the mod kit.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187
    Captain_Fookup said:
    ""VATS" gets tiresome quick with the awkward and misplaced camera angles when you get a critical hit in a place that isn't barren. The voice acting is yet again like oblivion atrocious same with the facial expressions and character models.  Right now I'm playing on the 360 and eventually plan on getting it for the pc if and when Bethsoft releases the mod kit."
    VATS gets tiresome?  You, sir, don't appreciate good gore.  I never expected the camera to be perfect, lol.  Voice acting is atrocious, and yet you've got LIAM FUCKING NEESON and MALCOLM FUCKING MCDOWELL?!  BAH!  The other characters aren't terrible either, and I especially laugh my ass off at Moira and her Northern accent.
    Facial expressions and character models are bad?  AT LEAST THEY ARE DIFFERENT FROM ONE ANOTHER!!!  I can tell the difference between the characters in Fallout 3 FAR BETTER than I could in Oblivion!!!

And the game isn't MEANT to be a shooter, so the idea that you should be ABLE to play it as a straight-up shooter...is retarded.  You can play it as a "shooter", but you will still have to deal with all the probabilities of dice rolls, hit chance, crit chance, and the rest of the RPG conventions...so whatever.  If you want a big open-world SHOOTER, go play Far Cry 2.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Jayge_
    Captain_Fookup said:
    ""VATS" gets tiresome quick with the awkward and misplaced camera angles when you get a critical hit in a place that isn't barren. The voice acting is yet again like oblivion atrocious same with the facial expressions and character models.  Right now I'm playing on the 360 and eventually plan on getting it for the pc if and when Bethsoft releases the mod kit."
    The voice acting is brilliant. What the hell is wrong with you.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By kush
    Jayge said:
    "Kush said:
    "I don't think there have been that many haters, but most hate is likely based around the fact that you can't play this as a shooter at all...you HAVE to use VATS."
    No you don't. It makes the game waaay easier, but you don't."
    You do if you don't want to play one of the worst FPS games ever. The real-time controls are absolutely awful in my opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.