Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

fallout 3 so glitchy on the ps3

gazcrawfo8692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gazcrawfo8692

I love this game but why is it so glitchy on the ps3. The frame rate stutters constantly and the game crashes at least once a play through, how can the developers let it be released in this condition????

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@gazcrawfo8692: Did you get the game of the year edition? I believe that memory limitations on the PS3 make most of the Bethesda open-world games get pretty unstable as more DLC is added to the game.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@gazcrawfo8692: You are about 5 years too late on this. You should have already made these complaints about Fallout: New Vegas and TES V: Skyrim at this point. There really isn't any excuse for it. They were more concerned about getting it on shelves than they were getting it playable

gazcrawfo8692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gazcrawfo8692

iv got just the standard version of fallout 3

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As Rorie said the PS3 seems to have a lot of trouble with open world first person games. If the RAM was unified they could tone down the graphics so it would run better, but its hard to run the game itself on such a tiny amount of system RAM. It is Bethesda's fault that they put it out at all, but its not their fault (entirely) that it runs so poorly.

Also, Fallout 3 was funky on every system to boot. It was perhaps the only game I've played on a console where I had to frequently save for fear of a game breaking bug or a full on crash. New Vegas isn't much better, but I went with the PC version for that so I can no clip into the rock and kill the enemy stuck inside of it if I need to.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

The PS3 doesn't quite have enough RAM for Bethesda games.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only played the 360 version and that had issues, I'd hate to think what PS3 players had to go through with any of Bethesda's games and also the Gamebryo engine was showing its age even by 2008.

PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Bethesda games and the PS3 don't get on very well. They are glitchy enough on the Xbox.

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yea. My roommate at the time had it on his PS3, and that path finding glitched all the time. Should have gotten it for like 5$ on PC.

angouri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

For some reason, Oblivion was ok. Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim? STAY AWAY.

I've always heard it was a RAM problem, too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.