Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

How glitchy is the ps3 goty version

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kashif1

I'm rather tempted since it seems to be a lot of game for $20.  I'm just wondering how mush i should worry about glitches and other problems, especially since they have had so long to patch it.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

how good is your pc?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @kashif1 said:
    I'm rather tempted since it seems to be a lot of game for $20.  I'm just wondering how mush i should worry about glitches and other problems, especially since they have had so long to patch it.
    The DLC is shit shit shit shit. From what I reacall it had massive lag issues. The maingame was fine cept for save files getting massive. One of the biggest bug I recall was the " goo" piles not being removed from the world and staying around forever.

Its no SO buggy that you wont enjoy it. 

Get it. 
    SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By SMTDante89

Point Lookout is almost completely unplayable on the PS3.  Almost.  Save often, and prepare for a lot of slowdown and lock ups when you try it.

Which is a real shame, I think that was probably my favorite downloadable content for Fallout 3.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SMTDante89 said:
    Point Lookout is almost completely unplayable on the PS3.  Almost.  Save often, and prepare for a lot of slowdown and lock ups when you try it.Which is a real shame, I think that was probably my favorite downloadable content for Fallout 3.
    Beth really fucked over the PS3 users for DLC on that game. 
    kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kashif1
    @KaosAngel: awful, i have trouble running source engine games.
    SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By SMTDante89
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @SMTDante89 said:
    Point Lookout is almost completely unplayable on the PS3.  Almost.  Save often, and prepare for a lot of slowdown and lock ups when you try it.Which is a real shame, I think that was probably my favorite downloadable content for Fallout 3.
    Definitely.  The DLC is really good, it just becomes a game of endurance after a while though to try and push through without any major glitch or crash from happening and setting you back however far.
    xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By xpgamer7

It's pretty buggy. Stuff will glitch through you and the camera in VATS is insane. Not to mention occasional lock ups. It's the price they paid for making it amazingly open ended..

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SMTDante89 said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@SMTDante89 said:
    Definitely.  The DLC is really good, it just becomes a game of endurance after a while though to try and push through without any major glitch or crash from happening and setting you back however far.
    Point lookout at one "Point" froze ever 7 mins. And Im not fucking joking. I had a timer to know right when to save. 

@Xpgamer7 said:
    It's pretty buggy. Stuff will glitch through you and the camera in VATS is insane. Not to mention occasional lock ups. It's the price they paid for making it amazingly open ended..
    Not really. Its the price they paid for using a broke ass engine. 
    ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShadowKing7

In my experience, it was fucked up.  The more you play, the bigger your save files will get and you'll encounter more slowdown and lock-ups, especially when you're out in the Wasteland.  Completely ruined the game for me, which is sad because if it weren't for the tech issues, it would be really good.

Also, if you do get it, make sure to keep more than one save.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xpgamer7
    @The_Laughing_Man said: 
    @Xpgamer7 said:
    Agreed but there aren't many engines that do what Gamebryo's did. Not saying that's a good thing...
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Xpgamer7 said:
    @The_Laughing_Man said: 
    @Xpgamer7 said:
    Agreed but there aren't many engines that do what Gamebryo's did. Not saying that's a good thing...
    Community patches fixed bout 90% of stuff on the PC. Faster then Devs did. It sort of showed up the Devs quite a few times where game breaking bugs where fixed in days. When it took devs weeks. 
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By KaosAngel
    @kashif1 said:
    @KaosAngel: awful, i have trouble running source engine games.
    ...well then the PS3 is worth it at that price.  If you had a semi-decent PC you'd be better off with the PC version, and that version is cheaper at the moment too.
    Avatar image for detectivespecial
    DetectiveSpecial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DetectiveSpecial

If you start fresh with the GOTY edition, it is fine - except for the DLC. As stated above, Point Lookout will crash on you at least ten  times. The first encounter you have with Desmond and the crazy raiders will have frame rate issues so bad you'll think your PS3 is dying. If you get past that initial encounter, it gets better. 

If you don't start fresh, i.e. you are using a save game from the regular edition of Fallout, it will go batshit every thirty seconds. So don't do that. 

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By ThePickle

Not that bad. And when I saw "not that bad" I mean it only locks up every 5-10 hours. 

But dude, if you haven't played Fallout 3 you need to. It is the best game of this console generation. 
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hatking

Well... at least Point Lookout is short.  I didn't realize this game was so poorly done on the PS3.  Is it worse than New Vegas (which is horrible on, at least, the 360)?

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xpgamer7
    @The_Laughing_Man: Really? I have GOTY versions on all  three platforms(long story). I need to check out the mods on PC some time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.