Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Fallout New Vegas loading problem?

RainyFridays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RainyFridays

Sorry ahead of time. I'm new here and haven't really gotten used to where things are and such. Yesterday I played a little bit of Fallout , then attempted to play again at night. However,  when I selected my game and pressed Load, it went on a continous load that lasted about 10 minutes, so I was like "meh it's at one of it's stages again". Today I selected my game, and tried to load it once again. It didn't work. I took out the power cords, turned off the power strip, waited about 5 minutes, turned everything on and went back to load my game. This time I waited about 40 minutes and it still didn't load the game. Is this just a glitch or what? Fallout 3, Black Ops, every other game I have load just fine, and as far as I'm concerned  there are no scratches on the New Vegas disc. I've installed it and everything. Anybody know a solution? I didn't think this would end so brusquely. 

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Green_Incarnate

I had the same problem today. I googled, and people were suggesting to clear your cache and delete the newest patch then redownload and start again. I haven't tried it yet, but that will probably work.

RainyFridays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RainyFridays
    @Green_Incarnate: Sorry man, I wasn't specific enough I guess, I'm talking about for my Xbox. 
    droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By droop

I had a problem like this once. Think it was fixed by starting a new game and then loading your old save once you leave Dr. Mitchell's house.

Edit: This will override your autosave I believe.

Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Green_Incarnate

@RainyFridays: I was talking about Xbox. You can clear your cache under memory, and I believe you can delete recent patches too.

RainyFridays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RainyFridays
    @Green_Incarnate: Oh okay, my bad then. I'm just worried to do that because I don't want to delete my save. I recently got an Xbox too so I'm not fond of them or how they work. 

@Droop: I'm gonna try that 
    green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By green

This started happening to me after I got the three DLCs.

Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Ok, so I just tried it. Clearing the cache didn't work, but reloading an old save to set a new autosave did. I was able to load up my most current progress no problem after the autosave cleared.

RainyFridays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RainyFridays
    @Green_Incarnate: It worked for me as well. Thank god too.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

The DLCs can really make New Vegas even jankier when you download them, also is anyone having weird waiting periods using their pitboy now? Like when I go to the quests page it takes about 4 seconds before I can do anything.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

How many saves you got? Try deleting some of them or just move them to a different folder if you want to keep them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.