Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

I just killed all of Caesar's ppl, bad idea?

DukeT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DukeT

***SPOILERS, BUT I NEED HELP*** 
    I was on that quest where you go to check out Nipton, and it turned out that some Vulpes dude with a wolf hat had rounded up the whole town and brutally butchered them. Anyways, I'm playing a sort of good character, but I tend to be very brutal. He told me what he did, and I killed everyone there, included Vulpes. (really liking my new wolf hat :) If Caesar and his people aren't really the "good" guys around New Vegas, then whatever  I did the right thing. However, do you guys think I should reload the save right before I killed him, and let him go free so that I can get in close with Caesar? I don't plan on doing any sort of evil stuff, so associating my character with him might be a bad idea. Was killing Vulpes a bad idea, or the "right" thing to do?

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jimbo

I don't think it'll prevent you playing however you want to play later in the game.  At a certain point Caesar and the NCR offer you an amnesty for any previous crimes against them.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Spoonman671

Later in the game you'll be given a pardon from Caesar for any crimes you've committed against the Legion.  This is part of the main quest, so you shouldn't worry about it.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MikeFightNight

I let them go but eventually made my way to Caesar's camp and butchered them all, (not quest related, just how I roll) 

If you are playing a good character through and through I would say stick with your path, the only reason I didn't kill him was that I could make a hard save further in so I could reload it to see the Legion's quest line if I ever decided too. 

And actually I don't know if killing them like you did really matters, once you get to vegas and see Mr.House and talk to Benny, the NCR and Legion give you a pardon on all your past crimes so their leaders can talk to you.  The only thing I am wondering is it is Vulpes who comes to give you the pardon, so I guess it would be another NPC that takes his place?

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Moody_yeti
    @MikeFightNight said:
      The only thing I am wondering is it is Vulpes who comes to give you the pardon, so I guess it would be another NPC that takes his place? "
    Was Wondering the same thing tbh.
    jon_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By jon_e

Yes, another character show up.  He mentions you killing  Vulpes.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan

When I got there, I totally tried doing the same thing, but got absolutely massacred by them, so I opted to just let them leave. 

But my actions sense then have gotten The Legion to vilify me, so whatever. Those guys are assholes. 

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vorbis

There are no "good guys" really, maybe the Followers. Unless you support Ceaser, you will eventually fight his men.

Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Cwaff

I wouldn't worry about it. I just went back on my latest playthrough with Boone and cleared the place for exp!

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By melcene
    @Vorbis said:
    " There are no "good guys" really, maybe the Followers. Unless you support Ceaser, you will eventually fight his men. "
    I agree with this.  Most of the factions believe they are not doing anything wrong, and if you look at it from a different angle, they are the good guys.  I actually didn't have a huge probably with what they did in Nipton because it sounded like they were basically cleansing the town of the shitbags that used to inhabit it.
    MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MikeFightNight

I don't know, I would say the side that pillages smaller tribes rapes their women and turns them into slaves would be the bad side…but that's just me... 

It's true that the NCR are not angels, but in comparison to the Legion they are the good guys.   
    hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By hexx462

There's no true  "good faction" in the game, I'd just say the Legion is the worst of them all considering how far they take their crimes. Besides it means you can feel really great about slaughtering them en masse. 

I ended up taking out Caesar's (including the man himself) entire camp about 2/3 into the game and had no problems finishing it aside from some terrible crashes that plague the game anyway.  Granted I sided with the NCR.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.