Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Just bought Fallout New Vegas on my 360

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hey there people,

So today I felt like playing a new game that I could get nice and cheap. I decided to purchase Fallout: New Vegas, and now I'm waiting for it to download. I played Fallout 3 when it came out and really enjoyed it. I was wondering what y'all think about the game and how you believe it stands today (particularly in comparison to 3). I'm down with Obsidian too and although I am aware they have made some flawed games, those titles have also been great.

So, is it incredibly glitchy and is it worth that nonetheless? Bethesda games tend to have some jank in them anyways that I've never had a problem overlooking. How much worse than that could it be? Perhaps I should have posted this before I bought the game. Either way, I'm sure I'll enjoy some more post-apocalyptic open world madness.

Keep it real!

Synaptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've run into a couple glitches in my time with it, being stuck on geometry is the worst thing I've had happen. Mind you, I had to reload a save, so that was annoying, but as long as you save frequently it's no biggie.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I save like I have OCD, so that shouldn't be a problem. :D

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I loved that game, played it for soooo many hrs. Better than FO3 imo. It got patched up pretty good, and plays much better than it did originally.

And be sure to play the Hardcore mode, so fun especially after your first playthrough.

Ummm the dlcs were all pretty good, but I really liked Old World Blues the most. Enjoy.

BackseatBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played it on the 360 and I didn't really find a lot of glitches. There was the very rare being stuck in geometry moment, but other than that nothing game breaking. There were people that complained about it freezing and crashing every 30 minutes, which is one of the main reasons why the review scores aren't that great, but that never happened to me and I think it was fixed with a patch. Overall a great game, if you liked Fallout 3, you'll definitely like New Vegas. The beginning isn't as good, but the world and characters you meet are much better in my opinion.

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahhhh...New Vegas. 360 bugs - just geometry glitches, as has been mentioned, and then only when trying to 'video game' the terrain too much, I.e. trying to walk up obviously unclimbable grades, etc.

You NEED to get the DLC though...it's all epic and sweeping and tied together so well from a story standpoint.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys. I'm feeling a lot more confident about my purchase now. Can't wait for it to download already, it's taking ages!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I didn't have many problems with the 360 version, but save often and you should be fine.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

If you're gonna play it on consoles, 360 is the version to get. The PS3 version suffers from lower-res textures, frame rate drops all the time, and it's all around more unstable. As for glitches the game has went through a ton of patches, so things shouldn't be too bad.

As one of my favorite games of all time, I hope you enjoy it!

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I played through the whole thing twice on 360 and had only one lock up. The game as a whole is fantastic and you should definitely play it on whatever platform you can.

delorean99947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Save a lot at the end game. At least on the PS3, it froze like 10 times on me. Still a fun game.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@carlos1408: IF you ever get stuck on geometry, and this usually happens outdoors, a better fix than reloading is to fast travel somewhere nearby.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey there people,

So today I felt like playing a new game that I could get nice and cheap. I decided to purchase Fallout: New Vegas, and now I'm waiting for it to download. I played Fallout 3 when it came out and really enjoyed it. I was wondering what y'all think about the game and how you believe it stands today (particularly in comparison to 3). I'm down with Obsidian too and although I am aware they have made some flawed games, those titles have also been great.

So, is it incredibly glitchy and is it worth that nonetheless? Bethesda games tend to have some jank in them anyways that I've never had a problem overlooking. How much worse than that could it be? Perhaps I should have posted this before I bought the game. Either way, I'm sure I'll enjoy some more post-apocalyptic open world madness.

Keep it real!

Clear your cache once and a wile but you should be fine. My biggest issue is some of the achievements that need you to do crazy stuff *Gun runner stuff*

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own the game on disc and after I installed it, I had less bugs than before. Most of the bugs I stumbled upon were loading screen freezes and such. I recommend saving often, even if the game auto-saves just save when you do something big because the game may freeze later on. Good luck, duder! I hope you enjoy it!

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I think they fixed it but the main problem I had was a glitch involving The Great Khans storyline where I couldn't complete their quest line. I also had a bug involving the NCR storyline late in the game.

If you can you should have gotten it for PC, it was on sale just yesterday on Steam for $4.99 with all the dlc included. The system requirements are not that bad at all for it.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JouselDelka

@coafi said:

I own the game on disc and after I installed it, I had less bugs than before.

Installing game discs exterminates bugs around the house?

Damn!

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's pretty vastly improved over FO3 in my opinion. The story is much more whackier, but in a good way that makes it feel more interesting. The gun play feels tighter since you can actually aim down the sights now. The mojave wasteland feels ALOT more diverse compared to capital wasteland.

However, it is riddled with glitches and some can be game breaking. As mentioned before, the PC version doesn't seem as glitchy compared to the console one. When in doubt just make sure to save a ton.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I bought the game on release day and it only crashed once during my 40+ hour playthrough.

Your experience may vary, obviously, but if you save often you should be ok.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coafi said:

I own the game on disc and after I installed it, I had less bugs than before.

Installing game discs exterminates bugs around the house?

Damn!

Psssh, haha! You are a silly person. :D

ryanmgraef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the best games of this generation, for me at least.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jimmyfenix

Good luck killing the cazador`s they are a real ***** to kill!

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saving your game is pinnacle to playing New Vegas as that game locks up most during loading screens. Something to consider is recruiting companions as you'll want them to at least act as a distraction as the enemies feel even more dangerous than what they were in Fallout 3.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I had a lot of performance issues when I played the 360 version. Clearing the cache periodically helped a lot, but I eventually got so frustrated by having to clear the cache every ~30 minutes that I just decided to critical path my way to the ending. It's not how I like playing these games, but I was just sick of the technical issues.

However, I did play it back when it was initially released, so I'm sure patches have improved things.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Can't say about the most recent patches with New Vegas but when it came out & a few months after it was a little glitchy like most games but was better at launch than Fallout3 was. Still might see a few buggy spots but should be solid enough to get quite a lot of fun out of that one. Thought that New Vegas held up a lot better with the story, people & improved game mechanics. GLHB!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.