Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout Shelter

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 14, 2015

A vault management simulator from Bethesda, set in the Fallout universe.

Show Your Fallout Shelter -- and Tips!

• 81 results
    redzavod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@wulfbane: Now that is a vault, duder.

I've had two vaults so far, both ending in flames and death. Do you guys with the higher population vaults buy extra lunchboxes, or are you just good at video games? I don't have a problem giving Bethesda more money, I just want to know if I have odds at being successful without paying.

darkmagus517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have almost 140 dwellers and at least 1 of each room. It's so large that I cannot zoom out enough to show it. I have yet to get a better weapon than the plasma rifle though.

So you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have... a post-apocalyptic nightmarescape. oh and vault 999

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@wulfbane: Now that is a vault, duder.

I've had two vaults so far, both ending in flames and death. Do you guys with the higher population vaults buy extra lunchboxes, or are you just good at video games? I don't have a problem giving Bethesda more money, I just want to know if I have odds at being successful without paying.

I threw some money at them since I'm enjoying the game and wanted to give them something back for the effort they put into the game. I ended up with some mech suits, laser guns, and people with high charisma. The food, water, and energy cards are the most useless since you can't bank them for when you really need those resources. I also try to do as many of the objectives as I can, and I usually drop at least one of them a day to free up a slot.

I only have around 64 dwellers. I've actually been able to make due with 2 regular power plants and 1 of each food and water so far. I just build my first nuclear power plants.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

AND WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE

one of the bouncers in my bar by the vault entrance. He is equipped with an enhanced fat man and a horror movie costume.
    one of the bouncers in my bar by the vault entrance. He is equipped with an enhanced fat man and a horror movie costume.

I have one of those. It takes forever to actually get a shot off, that when I equipped in on 1 of 4 people in a room, he's lucky to get a shot off before the 3 invaders are dead.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Is the end goal to get rid of all production rooms and replace them with nuka cola? Since it produces 10 of each, and the others on their own produce 10. I'm confused.

Oh and the rooms skill does contribute to failure chance. I'm late to the party on this most likely. I used to think it was just luck.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

@alistercat: I am now thinking that all of the skill levels attribute to the rush success rate. I have a couple of rooms where all 6 dwellers are maxed out in all S.P.E.C.I.A.L. skills - even greater than 10 for the skill for the room, thanks to outfits - and the failure rate is in the single digits, averaging ~7%.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenkane: I've had 14% from one person in a room with low luck but high room stat. Maybe someone will work out the percentages.

I just had a settler fight a super mutant out in the wastes. Got 2920XP for killing it. I think that's the most you get from enemies, since Deathclaws give slightly less.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think I've permanently botched my vault by messing with my iPad's internal clock to accelerate the timers on things.

A few of my dwellers were still stuck as pregnant anyways so I don't mind restarting with a new vault. I might try the unlimited lunchbox glitch, too.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjbsterling: The same thing happened to me. However, the unlimited lunchbox glitch does work very well. You just have to follow the steps very precisely.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is my new Vault, Vault 999, using the unlimited lunchbox glitch. Most of the stuff in the lunchboxes are junk, but you rack up a lot of cash and stimpacks/radaways.

No Caption Provided

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenkane: There's an unlimited lunchbox glitch? Do tell.

I got 100 dwellers and holy crap the bottling plant is expensive after the first 3 rooms. I have a lot of max endurance people though. Something I would like to know is whether or not stats over 10 do anything. I've been training everyone to 7 in a stat then giving them +3 gear to get them to 10, but I had an 8 with +3 gear and it had a +1 when I tried to replace someone with 10 in a room, so it acknowledged the higher stat point but I don't know if that does anything.

Also, I got a second Colonel Autumn from a lunch box. Duplicates suck.

ali_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

No Caption Provided

You're both already playing cards!

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do stats do anything over 10? I don't know if I shouldn't be giving my guys +3 gear if they already have 10 in that stat.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By hatking
    Vault 666
    Vault 666

I've spent the past week concentrating on getting my dwellers leveled up rather than expanding. I train everybody up to level 10 in their specific field before putting them to work. I've also been working on getting 'uniforms' for the different fields of work that give some bonus to their related skill set. The training rooms located in the top right are exclusively for my wasteland "hunters" that spend their time training or scavenging for new supplies. At this point, most of them are capable to spend well over a day in the wasteland before I recall them. I'm not really sure where to go from here. I have every type of room unlocked, built, and, for the most part, fully upgraded. I'm just training up all the dwellers and slowly expanding until the pop cap is hit or I run out of space.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenkane: There's an unlimited lunchbox glitch? Do tell.

I got 100 dwellers and holy crap the bottling plant is expensive after the first 3 rooms. I have a lot of max endurance people though. Something I would like to know is whether or not stats over 10 do anything. I've been training everyone to 7 in a stat then giving them +3 gear to get them to 10, but I had an 8 with +3 gear and it had a +1 when I tried to replace someone with 10 in a room, so it acknowledged the higher stat point but I don't know if that does anything.

Also, I got a second Colonel Autumn from a lunch box. Duplicates suck.

You can only use the lunchbox glitch during the tutorial part of the game. Basically, you progress until 2 of your objectives are "Equip/Sell one weapon" and "Equip/Sell one outfit". Do not cash in these objectives. The 3rd objective will rotate between "Collect 50 Food", "Collect 50 Water", and "Level Up One Dweller", with the later 2 giving you lunchboxes.

Basically as long as you don't cash in on the 2 Equip/Sell objectives, the game will be stuck in tutorial mode and the 3rd objective will just keep rotating between those 3 quests, no matter how many times you cash them in. This will lead to you easily gaining a few lunchboxes every minute once your vault becomes big enough.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

Welcome to Vault 713. ("7" because I used to be a big Halo fan and Bungie always had a huge hard-on for the number 7, and "13" because I love the Jason Voorhees films)

This picture is actually a day or so old. I'm a couple of dwellers shy of 150 now.

No Caption Provided

Decided to get an up-to-date photo of my Vault

No Caption Provided

And this lovely fellow is The Wasteland Slasher. I need to get around to changing his name to Jason.

No Caption Provided

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Using the lunchbox glitch, it's really easy to max out the population of your vault, thanks to getting numerous clones of special characters.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got my third Colonel Autumn... ugh.

Oh, and they issued a patch. Fixes a bunch of stuff including the unlimited easy lunch boxes. Also adds a photo mode if you need help taking a screenshot. I might show my vault.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's my Vault. It's too big to fit on the screen even on an iPad so I took 2.

No Caption Provided

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got my third Colonel Autumn... ugh.

Oh, and they issued a patch. Fixes a bunch of stuff including the unlimited easy lunch boxes. Also adds a photo mode if you need help taking a screenshot. I might show my vault.

Yeah, they unfortunately patched the "unlimited lunchboxes" glitch. However, they did fix a lot of the pregnancy bugs as well as allowing you to get better stuff in lunchboxes early on in the game.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Four Colonel Autumns! Third in a row, I think. This game hates me.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Four Colonel Autumns! Third in a row, I think. This game hates me.

When I was using the unlimited lunchbox glitch, I still only had 3 Colonel Autumns. However, I had 6 Dr. Lis and 6 James's running my MedBay and Science Lab, respectively.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By alistercat

@citizenkane: I would much prefer those than duplicate autumns, but that is a lot of duplicates. I did get Butch recently, and started with Star Paladin Cross and Eulogy Jones so I shouldn't complain.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat: When you go through hundreds upon hundreds of lunchboxes, you will get a lot of duplicates.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My vault has been attacked by the following parties: a group of bandits, then Deathclaws, then more Deathclaws. My best weapon is a 6-8 shotgun.

My 'tip' is uninstall the game.

Zawndorux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Zawndorux

Disclaimer: This Vault is the result of shameless exploiting and cheating. Any form of disdain and or shunning is perfectly understandable. That said, I intend to share what I've done as I have a right to post here as any other user.

====================================Vault 757=======================================

No Caption Provided

Vault 757 is divided into three sections: High Wing, The Core, and Terra Wing. Both the High and Terra wings are mirrored and identical, comprising of the same rooms. The Core is my personal section as it contains rooms that are solely for my character's purposes.

High Wing:

Athletics Centre x 1, Broadcast Station x 1, Barracks x 3, Cafeteria x 1, Club x 1, Hospital x 1, Hydroponics x 3, Nuka Cola Plant x 2, Purification Plant x 3, Science Centre x 1, Strength Centre x 1, Warehouse x 3, Weapons Centre x 2

The Core:

Academy x 1, Athletics Centre x 1, Club x 1, Fitness Centre x 1, Game Centre x 1, Hydroponics x 2, Living Quarters x 1, Power Plant x 2, Super Reactor x 4, Strength Centre x 1, Warehouse x 1, Weapons Centre x 1

Terra Wing:

Athletics Centre x 1, Broadcast Station x 1, Barracks x 3, Cafeteria x 1, Club x 1, Hospital x 1, Hydroponics x 3, Nuka Cola Plant x 2, Purification Plant x 3, Science Centre x 1, Strength Centre x 1, Warehouse x 3, Weapons Centre x 2

Resources:

2.8 mil Caps, 55k Lunchboxes, 37k Energy, 13k Food, 11.5k Water

So far Vault 757 is 93% complete. I've yet to acquire every legendary character and weapons there are. The Wasteland Survivor guide is also yet to be completed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.