Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout

Franchise »

The Fallout franchise is a post-apocalyptic series of role-playing and tactics games originally developed by Black Isle, and most recently, Bethesda Softworks and Obsidian Entertainment.

Is Fallout 4 even in development?

• 53 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
    deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I feel like they should put out an Elder Scrolls game on a new engine or platform before moving on to Fallout, if only to give themselves some familiarity with the tools they're working with. Fallout is overall a simpler game but thats why having that extra finesse really helps in making it something really incredible.

And people have shown they're willing to forgive a TES game for being super buggy.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Bethesda proper has to be working on something. I honestly don't care what it is, as long as it follows a similar formula to fallout/elder scrolls. Haven't played one of those types of games since new vegas, and I haven't enjoyed one since fallout 3.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I'm surprised by all the unsureness in this thread.I always thought going from skyrim to Fallout with a new engine was a given.I'd be very disappointed if their next game wasn't Fallout.

emumford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By emumford

I'm excited, and at the same time I'm scared of it. I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but with the bar set by Skyrim (a game I still have yet to actually beat..) Fallout 4 might be a game I get into and can never get out of..

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I totally get that these things take time, but the fact that it's been six years since Fallout 3 came out and we haven't heard a single announcement makes me think that game is having a troubled development. Bethesda has never gone that long between installments *in the same series* without a release, let alone an announcement. Granted, we have the shift to new hardware, but given how early they announce their games, I can't see it coming out before, like, late 2015- early 2016.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.