Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 4

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Far Cry 4 puts the player in the role of Ajay Ghale and pits him against a deadly antagonist and an even deadlier environment. Caught in the middle of a brutal Civil War while fulfilling his mother's dying wish, Ghale must fight back against the oppression of Kyrat's leader, Pagan Min, while also battling the ruthlessness of the jungle.

Is Rabi Ray Rana Secretly The Best Character? (YES)

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zefpunk

Don't get me wrong here, Pagan Min is awesome, and a triumphant performance by Tha God Troy Baker. However, there was just one character who had my laughing my ass off, proving to be way better than he ever needed to be:

Best (only) radio show in Kyrat.
    Best (only) radio show in Kyrat.

Whether he is talking about his love for bidets, his eagerness to party in Amita's Scarface drug land, or ragging on Pagan Min...he's just the right amount of ridiculous and more than hilarious.

Gonna go ahead and say it, he belongs in the Video Game Pantheon of Awesome DJs which of course includes Paradise City's effervescent DJ Atomika, and the smooth dulcet tones of Jet Set's DJ Professor K.

Congratulations Triple R, you've made it!

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Counterpoint: I hated him so much that I felt the need to throw myself out of moving vehicles whenever he started up again with his fucking inane bullshit.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He was so goddamn irritating I turned off the radio completely whenever I entered a vehicle.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Counterpoint: I hated him so much that I felt the need to throw myself out of moving vehicles whenever he started up again with his fucking inane bullshit.

I was so excited to find out you can change radio stations in the game so I could switch away from his stupid shit. It allowed you to change the music, but he'd still talk over it! He'd still talk over it!!

HEY GUYS I'M ROBBERAYRHUNA GUESS WHAT: KANYE WEST. HOW CRAZY IS THAT GUY. HE'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CRAZY. LIKE, HE'S, HE'S LIKE A PSYCH WARD PATIENT, CUZ HE'S SOOOO CRAZY. AM I RIGHT GUYS? I'M SO RIGHT. RIGHT?

Agony, Robi Ray Rana. Agony.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Pagan Min was mildly annoying, I thought the vast majority of characters in the game was middling annoying, but that fucker... he is the most annoying character in a game filled with annoying characters.

EDIT: Wait? You can change the radio, why didn't I realize that earlier!

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was almost certain that Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley, Adventure Time), was the voice actor for Rana for the longest time. It's actually Hasan Minjah.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@n7: There was that one repeating piece of dialogue about bondage sex that made me so angry I wanted to eat my own lips.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this bits were funny the first time. But after the ninth or tenth they lost their charm. There just wasn't enough of them, and they played them too much. No need for every time you get into a vehicle.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

7/10

Good, not great.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

They destroyed his character by having him talk as often as he does. It drove me absolutely insane. I encountered a bug at one point where he would talk about a subject and halfway through his monologue he would start over at the beginning of the same monologue, and repeat infinitely. Only stopped when I restarted the game. It sucks because I liked hearing the songs on that station, but he would only play them for maybe 15 seconds before talking again.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They needed to space his bits on the radio out way more. I once had the same clip 3 times in a row every time I got into a car. I like his bits though, they are entertaining.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the whatshisname crazy gundealer priest. Not that he was exactly original or so, but the performance on both animation and voiceacting made him fun.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glottery said:

I enjoyed the whatshisname crazy gundealer priest. Not that he was exactly original or so, but the performance on both animation and voiceacting made him fun.

My crazy theory: The priest guy is the canonical protagonist from Far Cry 2. Diamonds n shit.

On topic: FUCK RABI RAY RANA

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I really don't like any characters in this game or the story. I thought 3 was interesting but really flawed but this was just bad all around to me. I enjoy the game in spite of this.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was so goddamn irritating I turned off the radio completely whenever I entered a vehicle.

Holy fuck you could turn that motherfucker off?

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PillClinton

I really don't like any characters in this game or the story. I thought 3 was interesting but really flawed but this was just bad all around to me. I enjoy the game in spite of this.

Yes. Really hate Hurk and Longinus especially.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@alexw00d said:

@jjbsterling said:

Hold down the "change radio button". For me it was left on the d-pad. Just hold it down.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7 said:

@alexw00d said:

@jjbsterling said:

Hold down the "change radio button". For me it was left on the d-pad. Just hold it down.

I've finished the game now, I didn't even know you could change channel, I turned all the HUD off :D

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bybeach

I got along with Rabi okay. His cultural disconnect(which I thought for the best) with western bs generated some laughs. His concern with Ajay keeping his butt clean and all that. What I got tired of was always hearing the same lines, never did learn to control the radio.

Longinus had a few good lines, intense dude. Sabal I liked the most, though ...

Pagan grew on me, but I never figured what made him so viscous. Love denied? Any way, I didn't hear enough from Pagan

Yuma didn't seem she was evil from the start, either.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jerseyscum: my mind just got blown. I would have sworn on my life that is was kumail. I would have sword. Maybe hasan is doing a kumail impression?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.