Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 21, 2011

Developed by Day 1 Studios, F.3.A.R. (pronounced "Fear Three") is the final chapter in the F.E.A.R. franchise and continues the twisted story of Alma Wade and her two sons, Paxton Fettel and the Point Man.

Regarding the new coop trailer

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By conker

Up to this trailer's release, I was mildly excited for Fear 3. I played the hell out of the first one and immensely enjoyed its sequel, but this just looks bad. Gameplay from the trailer looks boring, the environments are just bland, and the game has an overall....old feeling to it. Now of course, we haven't played it yet, but I dunno. It does not look promising. 
    Its like the Soldier of Fortune franchise catastrophe all over again (third game is horrible, made by a diff developer, etc..) 

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rockanomics

I actually pretty much fully agree.  

Nothing about that trailer said FEAR to me at all. 

BUT! It could be a fun co-op game. I try not to dismiss anything for being different.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By conker
    @Rockanomics said:
    " I actually pretty much fully agree.   Nothing about that trailer said FEAR to me at all.  BUT! It could be a fun co-op game. I try not to dismiss anything for being different. "
    I'm not arguing the fact if it\s FEAR or not, I'm saying as a GAME it looks terrible.
    valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By valiantgrizzly

Bland environments in a FEAR game? Well that shouldn't be a surprise. 

Note: I enjoyed the first two games, environments were just never a strong point of the franchise. Remember that level in that office building? Or the one in the warehouse? The one in the sewers, perhaps?

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By conker
    @digitalsea87 said:
    " Bland environments in a FEAR game? Well that shouldn't be a surprise.   Note: I enjoyed the first two games, environments were just never a strong point of the franchise. Remember that level in that office building? Or the one in the warehouse? The one in the sewers, perhaps? "
    I agree, but I'm not arguing variety, I'm just saying everything looks flat in the latest trailer. It is a different developer right?
    valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By valiantgrizzly
    @Conker:  I was just saying that the environments have always been bland, something you stated about the trailer. I agree, however, the trailer looks really unconvincing. I'll withhold judgement until I play the actual game, or at least read the reviews for it, though. You can't really gauge atmosphere (the prime reason I play FEAR games) from a short trailer about a specific feature in the game with a bunch of game developer dudes talking over it. If the game can make me shit a ton of bricks like that one scene (you know the one) in FEAR 2 did, then I'm at least semi-happy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.