Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 21, 2011

Developed by Day 1 Studios, F.3.A.R. (pronounced "Fear Three") is the final chapter in the F.E.A.R. franchise and continues the twisted story of Alma Wade and her two sons, Paxton Fettel and the Point Man.

Reviews should be hitting soon so moment of truth

• 54 results
    PieGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By PieGuy

I might pick this up, I enjoyed both F.E.A.R and F.E.A.R 2 but the trailers really turned me off this game as they seemed to have forgone the atmosphere completely. F.E.A.R 2 still had its moments such as the underground testing facility/hospital and the school plus moments but the corridor scenes in F.E.A.R will always stay with me.

I was expecting this to flop but honestly doesn't look too bad, I'll buy it when it goes down in price though unless convinced otherwise.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Guys, this game didn't turn out so hot... 

Maclintok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Maclintok
    @creamypies said:

Am I the only one who thought that FEAR 2 was better than the original?

I wouldn't go so far as to say better but I did enjoy FEAR 2 quite a bit more than the original. 

FEAR 1 was a product of its time, a time when no one had bothered to combine long-haired J-horror girls with your typical gritty FPS.  Kind of cool during a point in gaming when people were still reeling from Half Life 2. 

FEAR 2 had to deal with the maturation of the audience and maybe a quadrupling of the number of A-list shooters on the market.  They pretty much followed a lot of the same beats as in FEAR 1 but they didn't really do enough to make a "big bad sequel".  Slightly better graphics, dumber enemy AI and COD-style ADS shooting... ah, I still had a lot of fun with it, enough to finish twice and play quite a bit of the underrated MP.
    Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Deusoma

I'm certainly in the minority here, but hearing that they've minimized the horror aspects and focused on the action instead actually makes me more interested in F.3.A.R., after passing on the first two because I don't like horror games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.