Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 21, 2011

Developed by Day 1 Studios, F.3.A.R. (pronounced "Fear Three") is the final chapter in the F.E.A.R. franchise and continues the twisted story of Alma Wade and her two sons, Paxton Fettel and the Point Man.

There's 1 thing I hate about F**king Run Mode in this game.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

Its when someone gets devoured by the wall of death.Everybody else fails the mission and you have to restart again. At first it wasn't too bad.But then it got annoying as hell especially when your halfway finishing the stage,then someone ends up getting swallowed by the wall with many evil faces.Hell I hate when I get devoured because I ruined the game for everybody else. I know the developers did that too add tension,but I wish they had an option to turn it off.The game mode itself is a cool feature,but I can't stand when I lose a game when someone else fails.What about you guys who played the game mode,whats your thoughts about it ? 

(For people that don't know.Fucking run mode is when a 4 man squad.Has to out run this giant evil cloud with faces while fighting off enemy soldiers)

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Haven't played Fear 3 but most multiplayer mode in games rely on everyone making it. Even playing team death match games you can still lose badly if someone on your team is just shit. Is the dificulty low enough that you could still make it with only 3 or less players? Seem odd that they wouldn't let you continue with 3 player tho. At least stuff liek Left 4 Dead, Horde or Nazi Zombies lets you keep going even if you stand zero chance on your own.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Quipido
    @rebgav said:

@falserelic said:

I know the developers did that too add tension,but I wish they had an option to turn it off.

But it's the whole point of the mode. It is the mode.

That's like wanting to switch-off death in deathmatch.

I think he meant the game shouldn't end after the first player death, but let others go as long as they surive. 

But I didn't (and probably won't) play Fear 3 so I don't really know what I am talking about.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By falserelic
    @rebgav: I understand what they were doing.But I wish there was an option to choose to have it off.It just gets annoying starting a match each time because someone got devoured by the wall.Its difficult enough trying to get past waves of enemies and out run a giant cloud.Let a known trying to save a partner who could cost the whole game for everyone.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By falserelic
    @Quipido: Thats exactly what I meant.I wish the game mode was like that.
    Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Quipido
    @falserelic: Out of curiosity I loaded some youtube movies for this mode, to see how it works - and Those matches take some time, around 10 minutes. If someone would die early on they would be likely to quit and that could ruin it for everybody, if there is no host migration.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By falserelic

There is host migration in fear 3.People do tend to quit in fucking mode,if they're the one responsible of ruining the match.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Sooperspy

Yeah, it sucks. I want to love the mode, but everytime I play, one guy doesn't know where he is going, and gets devoured by the wall.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By falserelic

I usually do fucking run mode on solo practice first.To make sure I know where I'm going and what to expect.Even though I had some practice with fucking run mode I still haven't beaten a level yet. 

Edit: Well I beat 1 level called street cleaning  on fucking run mode on solo practice.I played it on easy to see the whole stage and enemies. Even though I had it on easy it was still pretty tough to get pass.I can't even begin to think of putting the difficulty on insane. It will be so much misery.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.