Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Abilities

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

To echo some of Jeff's queries in the quicklook, I was wondering if your range of abilities to expand as the game goes on or if the solution to every puzzle relies purely on reading your immediate surroundings and just jumping/twisting the stage.

I think I read somewhere that you eventually get some artefacts that interact with certain elements of each level but I've yet to find any despite being about 65% complete (or 22 cubes in). I'm just wondering if I should continue knocking my head against certain puzzles that I just can't figure out or if I'm just meant to come back to those later.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Barrabas

It's only jumping, twisting, and one other ability you get in NG+. Don't bother trying to 100% the game until you get to NG+. It's not possible before that. Well, without resorting to walkthroughs anyway.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vitor

@Barrabas said:

It's only jumping, twisting, and one other ability you get in NG+. Don't bother trying to 100% the game until you get to NG+. It's not possible before that. Well, without resorting to walkthroughs anyway.

OK. Would I be correct in assuming that the new ability maybe allows you to decipher certain symbols/languages in the game or not? Don't tell me what it is if I'm wrong though! I don't mind being surprised :)

Good to know though, thanks! I'll stop trying to get everything and clear every area 100% for now in that case.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Barrabas

@Vitor: No, the new ability has nothing to do with actually deciphering what the games various glyphs mean.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.