Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Did I just miss something important ?

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SlashDance

So the bombcast really sold me on the game, but all that talk about hidden messages and subtle meanings made me extremely paranoid that I might miss some important clue.

I'm at the part where you see an owl on top of a tree, close to two blocs that crush you if you stay on the bottom one too long (also they have eyes for some reason). I think I triggered a dialog with the owl, but I only noticed that when I heard the "secret found" sound cue and saw the owl fly away. What did it say ? Was it something important ? Given the symbolism with the owls since the beginning of the game, I fear that was more than just a throwaway line of dialog.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By artgarcrunkle

Check your twitter - that unlocks an angry spiteful tirade against anyone who criticizes you that holds the key for another puzzle. Phil Fish is hell of meta, man.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

There are three more owls in the game you need to find, it's part of a puzzle but what they say isn't important.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By Barrabas

It's important to find the owls to talk to, but what they say isn't really important. Unless it has something to do with the Monolith which it probably doesn't. And if you're curious I'm sure their dialog is posted somewhere online.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By doobie

didnt they say not to worry about any of that stuff the 1st time around and just enjoy it

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlashDance: i've got 3/4 lines of dialogue written down if you want to know it. seems just weird in a nonspecific way.

if you want to find the rest of the owls easily, their locations are noted in a room very early on in the game

Avatar image for washablemarkers
    washablemarkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By washablemarkers

I had to talk to one of the owls twice because the first time it just flew away and I didn't get the secret removed. That could have been because the day/night cycle was changing as I was writing down the dialogue, but I'm not sure.

What they say isn't important, but it is very, very interesting.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By onan

@drag said:

@SlashDance: i've got 3/4 lines of dialogue written down if you want to know it. seems just weird in a nonspecific way.

if you want to find the rest of the owls easily, their locations are noted in a room very early on in the game

I didn't even realize it was written down in a room somewhere. I just kept going back to rooms that had question marks on them that didn't have gold borders. The number of rooms just got smaller and smaller as time went on. You pretty much just trip over them.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WalkerD

@doobie: They were wrong.

Food

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Food

if you're trying to solve as much of the game on your own as possible, the owl dialogue provides some helpful hints on at least one puzzle down the road... you should look it up online.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Ravenlight

These Fez threads continue to seem like madness to the uninitiated.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NekuCTR

Don't even need to read the specifics. The answer is yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.