Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 10, 2007

The game tells the story of a young hero, Ramza Beoulve, and his struggle to protect his beloved ones from the evil Lucavi. The story takes place around the War of the Lions, a conflict occurring due to the death of the King Ondorria, Lord of Ivalice.

I need more FF:Tactics type games!!

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By sopranosfan

OK I am playing FF:Tactics and I think I am addicted so as with all addicts I am already looking for my next fix. I know about Tactics Ogre but what other games fall into this type of game? I have a PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, and Vita so most platforms are OK.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By phampire

hmm tactical party turn based rpgs? how about disgaea?

Avatar image for runeseekermireille
    RuneseekerMireille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valkyrie Profile: Covenant if the Plume was pretty good, and I've heard Revenant Wings plays similar to the Tactics games. If you're not afraid of permadeath, all of the Fire Emblem games are great. 6 and 7 are my favorites, but 6 requires some Japanese, and is probably the hardest recent entry.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By sopranosfan

Thanks I will check out a Disgaea game and see. It looks like one of the few platforms I don't have is where a lot of those games are.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

Disgaea is fun but it's not quite as serious as a Tactics game.. but it's ridiculousness is what makes it fun. But yeah you should really play Tactics Ogre. Not quite the same style as an Isometric turn based game but Valkyria Chronicles is a very unique turn based game that's pretty damn good as well.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer

Keep in mind that Disgaea and FFT approach the genre from completely different angles. FFT is rooted in political drama and is a more realistic sort of fantasy, with game-play that is more focused on survival with the odds often stacked against you. Disgaea is more of an over-the-top comedy anime, and the challenge of the game comes from trying to figure out the fanciest way to annihilate the enemy with your overpowered-ness. Personally FFT is my favorite game of all time, but I've never been able to stand playing more than a few hours of any of the Disgaea games.

I'd recommend trying out Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 2. They're both amazing games and are immensely challenging.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NegativeCero

Jeanne D'Arc on PSP

therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By therabidfrog

Growlancer

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Contrarian

@NegativeCero said:

Jeanne D'Arc on PSP

If we are on the PSP, you have to get this. It is one of the very best games on the PSP. Also, I agree on Ogre Tactics and Disgaea. However, the DS is the place to be - Advance Wars, Fire Emblem and another FF Tactics amongst many. I did enjoy FF XII Revenant Wings. SRPG is easily my favourite genre. If you own a Wii, get Fire Emblem ..... it will consume your life and you can try and get the Gamecube one as well. It is worth owning a Wii for that alone.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Rhaknar

Disgaea series. thats all you need

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mandude

The first Vandal Hearts.

Illuminosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Illuminosopher

Phantom Brave - you can get this on the wii,psp or ps2

Saiyuki : Journey West can be got on PSN as a PSone classic

Disgaea as was mentioned is a good option Disgaea 1 & 2 can be got on PSN for PSP or PS2 and Disgaea 3 & 4 can be got for PS3 with a port of 3 coming to Vita sometime in the future.

PS2 only games of note are La Pucelle Tactics,Suikoden Tactics,Stella Deus,Dynasty Tactics 1&2 and Makai Kingdom

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By dandead

Also Makai Kingdom which is also made by Nippon Inch and it my personal favourite out of all of their games...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.