Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VII

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 31, 1997

The seventh numbered entry in the Final Fantasy franchise brings the series into 3D with a landmark title that set new industry standards for cinematic storytelling. Mercenary Cloud Strife joins the rebel group AVALANCHE in their fight against the power-hungry Shinra Company, but their struggle soon becomes a race to save the entire Planet from an impending cataclysm.

Final Fantasy VII

Avatar image for themikelguereca
    TheMikelGuereca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Edited By TheMikelGuereca

I was playing Final Fantasy VII on PSN for about four hours today. I've cranked out about 5 and half hours, and I'm still in Midgar! How long does it take until I get out of Midgar? Does the game stall during the meaty part of the game? As in do I go to dungeons just to get some stuff that isn't related to the game.

TheMikelGuereca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TheMikelGuereca

I was playing Final Fantasy VII on PSN for about four hours today. I've cranked out about 5 and half hours, and I'm still in Midgar! How long does it take until I get out of Midgar? Does the game stall during the meaty part of the game? As in do I go to dungeons just to get some stuff that isn't related to the game.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By matthew

You're getting pretty close to getting out of there.  There are some memorable points in Midgar though, so don't rush through it, be sure to take it all in.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By gla55jAw
    @archsoldier1 said:
    "I was playing Final Fantasy VII on PSN for about four hours today. I've cranked out about 5 and half hours, and I'm still in Midgar! How long does it take until I get out of Midgar? Does the game stall during the meaty part of the game? As in do I go to dungeons just to get some stuff that isn't related to the game. "

Midgar is the best part of the whole game. It takes a while to get through. You never really go through random dungeons just for a fetch quest. Everything you do in the game has a purpose.

What part are you up to? I can tell you how much more time is left for MIdgar. Although on your first play through I'm sure it takes more time to explore and such.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

final fantasy 7 is an old game! 

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By AuthenticM
    @Champy said:
    " final fantasy 7 is an old game!  "
    But still an awesome game nonetheless.
    TheMikelGuereca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheMikelGuereca

I'm out of Midgar and you right Matthew, there are some critical events that transpire. If FFVII remains as story driven as Midgar, then it will be a fantastic game.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By tebbit

There is not an enormous amount of grinding you'll have to do. In fact I've played it through with NO grinding. But there are people that you will definately not be able to kill if you go about it that way. Just like most good RPG's I guess.

So prepare to be impressed by an 11 year old game!
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Meowayne
    @archsoldier1 said:
     If FFVII remains as story driven as Midgar, then it will be a fantastic game.
    That's what it is about. VII remains as story driven as it is in Midgar. I'd say it even picks up pace.
    Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
    ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ChickenPants
    @Tebbit said:
    " There is not an enormous amount of grinding you'll have to do. In fact I've played it through with NO grinding. But there are people that you will definately not be able to kill if you go about it that way. Just like most good RPG's I guess.
    So prepare to be impressed by an 11 year old game!
    "
    One of the many things I love about the FF games is that there is never any need to grind, unlike other JRPGs.If you are having trouble it usually can be solved by changing your tactics.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Meowayne

Great job. Now I have to continue playing the game (on the EEE PC with a Wiimote hooked up via bluetooth) even though I should be studying. D:

Have been going through this for the fourth(?) time now via ePSXe on the Netbook, on and off for the last year or so. And I'm only in Wutai. But there's been a lot of training inbetween and I'm already very overpowered. ;D

Arjuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Arjuna

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By VWGTI
    @Arjuna:

That video was so stupid.

I also lol'd. :)
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Nasar7

The story never stalls, imo, it just keeps snowballing until you reach the epic finale. And yes, you can go to random places to get random stuff but these are side quests. You don't have to do them if you don't want to but all good JRPGs have awesome sidequests, and a lot of the ones in VII are really memorable/game changing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.