Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VIII

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Feb 11, 1999

In the eighth numbered Final Fantasy title, Squall and his band of mercenaries fight to save their world from conquest and destruction. It introduced several new concepts to the franchise, including a subplot with an alternate main character, level-scaling enemies, and the Junction system.

Playing My First Final Fantasy Game - Parts 38-55: HELP! This Game is Melting My Brain!

• 110 results
    cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@thatpinguino: Oh no!

Talk about going above and beyond to ensure that @zombiepie actually has to finish this game, though. You should be commended for that.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

@cloudymusic: I've speed run FFVIII a few times now and my personal best is about 12 and a half hours for the whole game. An afternoon is a small price to pay to keep this stupid thing going. Honestly, winning the Zell card is the thing that worries me the most. The rng could screw me there and make the whole process take longer than I'd like.

Avatar image for captaincharisma
    CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By CaptainCharisma

The degree to which I've missed this is crazy. @zombiepie as a fellow English teacher I also appreciate your writing style. Hope to see more of this soon!

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The mission to get @zombiepie back to the concert of his dreams begins...

MaKiNbAcoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This blog is great.

I played FF8 when it came out on PC in 2000 (I didn't buy my PS1 until late 2001). And coming off Final Fantasy VII I thought the game was a huge letdown.Some of the concepts are great but the systems are flawed. The story of school days seems like a drastic different direction than the series was themed. There was no humor in the script really. It's 40 hours of a guy figuring out his balls just dropped.

I would say, Disc 3 till the end are the only good parts of this game. The last major "plot twist" was kind of weak. I will say though, the final dungeon in FFVIII is probably the best final dungeon in any final fantasy (IMO)

I feel like now Final Fantasy IX is getting more praise than it did when it was first released. I really recommend playing that one after you finish VIII.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

The concert is about to start!

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The work is done! @zombiepie I've got you a save before the concert and one after. Your pick if you want to relive the magic.

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@thatpinguino Would it help if I played MGS3 alongside you to speed things along? :D

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeffrud: The dark deed is already done. 6 hour to finish what took @zombiepie 20 hours.

Save that MGS playing for next April. I've got some things planned for the next GBCER... some dumb things

WEB_War4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely missed the Laguna/Squall thing when I originally played it. Now I kind of want to play it again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.