Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy X

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Jul 19, 2001

The first Final Fantasy game for the PlayStation 2 brought cinematic quality to the series with voice acting and fully 3D environments. The story follows Tidus, a young man transported one thousand years into the future to find a world quite unlike his own.

Deep Listens: FFX - Enter the Decagon: Part 4

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By thatpinguino  Staff
    Dream on. Dream on. Dream on. Dream until yo' dream come true.
    Dream on. Dream on. Dream on. Dream until yo' dream come true.

Deep Listens is a gaming podcast series I'm recording with a few of my friends. Every two weeks we pick and play a new game and then discuss it from a literary, philosophical, and game design perspective. Its kind of like a book club for video games. We try to dig as deep as we can on an individual game every episode so check it out!

In this episode Gino and Chris "Zombiepie" -REDACTED- discuss the end of Final Fantasy X! That means we discuss all of the madness that you've been anticipating! We also discuss Chris's continued inability to remember the simple elemental system in FFX and his reluctance to abuse the game's mechanics.

We then wrap up by sorting out FFX's place in our definitive list of Final Fantasy games. Do we have a new game on the top of the list?

Coming up next... FFX-2.

Final Fantasy Enter the Decagon: Part 4

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ha! I guess this long post I just wrote in the last half hour to help @zombiepie with his predicament at the final boss won't be required...

Looking forward to listening to this. I actually listened to Part 3 and had so many things I wanted to write a comment about but I've been so busy (plus I was on a train when I listened and couldn't easily write down thoughts). Maybe I'll write something after listening to this final part.

P.S. FFX-2 Hype! <3

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thatpinguino  Staff

@dixavd: Please send in your feedback! We live for listener questions!

This episode was super fun to record as there's so much that happens in the last few hours of FFX. It was all a dream.

Don't worry, I've properly prepared @zombiepie for FFX-2.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#3  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It is done? Excellent. I look forward to ZP yelling at me on steam about massage mini-games in the near future.

Also I guess I'm also pretty excited to listen to this episode, although I still need to listen to you and your normal friends talk about Mario Sunshine. I'm a little behind on my podcast rotation right now.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thatpinguino  Staff

@arbitrarywater: Somehow FFX-2 is more Japanese than FFX, which is itself one of the most Japanese FF games. The massage mini-game will certainly be interesting.

P.S. I like that ZP isn't considered a normal friend.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

If ZP likes being able to change characters on the fly - then he can be glad FFXII (a.k.a. the Best Final Fantasy) is on the way.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

@lawgamer: I will put off FFXII for as long as I can. I hate the beginning of that game so much.

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Silly question, but do you cross post these on the forums? If I were looking to shamelessly promote the HG101 podcast, where would be the correct place to do that?

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thatpinguino  Staff

@jeffrud: Hey, I only cross post the ones that I do with ZP because of his long-running blog series or the GBCER for promotional reasons. I don't cross-post any other podcasts. So I wouldn't cross post unless you're interviewing a GB personality or doing it as a part of a long-running GB focused thing.

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

@thatpinguino: Sensible! Guess I'll just start throwing each episode at my blog and let my _ahem_ VAST FOLLOWING of Giant Bomb community members get on-boarded through that avenue. Danke!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#10 ZombiePie  Staff

It's great that this podcast got a ton of positive feedback from the community! Let's all forget the first twenty minutes of the podcast involve myself imploring the audience to agree that Mario Party 3 is better than Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy X.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thatpinguino  Staff

@zombiepie: I'm never letting you live down that tirade. It was madness, plain and simple.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.