Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XI Online

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 16, 2002

Players from across the globe enter the world of Vana'diel for a Final Fantasy adventure in the series' first foray into the MMORPG genre.

NEW UPDATE COMING!

Lev_Arris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Lev_Arris

With the new update coming along it has been said that there will something new added called "Level Sync" Feature to Change the Way You Party.  My question is that will you be able to use your same gear at your current level when the Level Sync is in affect?

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#2  Edited By Soap

Cool, will that make the game any less crap?

I really wish they hadn't numbered this game, what away to ruin my collection >_>

Lev_Arris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lev_Arris

I still play in and enjoy the game. 

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By suneku
    Soap said:
    "I really wish they hadn't numbered this game, what away to ruin my collection >_>"
    Yeah.. I have XI on the PC so the box doesn't fit right when I line up all my FFs on the shelf... so I put it somewhere else.
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Soap
    suneku said:
    "Soap said:
    "I really wish they hadn't numbered this game, what away to ruin my collection >_>"
    Yeah.. I have XI on the PC so the box doesn't fit right when I line up all my FFs on the shelf... so I put it somewhere else."
    I didn't even bother buying it because I literally heard nothing but bad things about it, I wouldn't mind trying it myself but just the idea of having to pay for every character I create makes me want to vomit with rage.
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By suneku

Leveling up was hell, no way to do it without a proper party. End game was fun though... just the road to level 75 sucked.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Soap
    suneku said:
    "Leveling up was hell, no way to do it without a proper party. End game was fun though... just the road to level 75 sucked."
    Probably would be pretty hard to find a consistent party nowadays as well right?

I guess I'll just leave it to depths of time.... or until a fan version comes out lol.
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By suneku

It'd actually be easier if you know to to write in Japanese... and get the Japanese version. Then finding parties is waaaaaay easier... they'll take you over the gaijin that can't speak Japanese even if his job makes more sense for the party.

Lev_Arris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lev_Arris

I think with the new update that it will make it more fun to play again.  At least playonline is still trying to keep it's players.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By suneku

Sometimes I kind of wish I was still playing lol.. but I don't want it to take over my life again.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Patchinko
    suneku said:
    "It'd actually be easier if you know to to write in Japanese... and get the Japanese version. Then finding parties is waaaaaay easier... they'll take you over the gaijin that can't speak Japanese even if his job makes more sense for the party."
    Yes, speaking Japanese is a major help in this game.

This level sync thing seems good on the surface, but it'll have its own problems. Still, anything to make leveling up easier in this game is worthwhile.

Maybe people will actually use the Promathia level cap zones for something other than missions as a result of this, too.
    Dekkarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Dekkarra
    "Soap said:
    Yeah.. I have XI on the PC so the box doesn't fit right when I line up all my FFs on the shelf... so I put it somewhere else."
    Final Fantasy XI actually sits quite prominently on my shelf along with all the other FF games I own, which would essentially be all of them except for Tactics A2.

People who complain about XI's spot in the mainline series confuse me.  It seems like a Final Fantasy game to me. A very good story (possibly the best stories in the MMORPG genre), plenty of challenges, and unforgettable characters (The Serpent Generals and Tenzen come to mind along with a grip of others).  Just because they tried something radically different shouldn't mean there should be no roman numeral at the end. The whole series has been innovative along the way, and XI is no different.

And as for the "You really need to know Japanese to progress" argument: Even with my knowledge of the language, I never use it, and continue to make progress all the time.  I have grouped with more than my fair share of Japanese, Germans, Italians, and Frenchmen in my almost 5 years of playing FFXI, and while there are some who would prefer to be with those who speak their native tongue, that didn't ever stop me from working together with them, gaining an understanding, and I have plenty of foreigners on my friend list.
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By suneku
    Dekkarra said:
    "And as for the "You really need to know Japanese to progress" arguement:"
    I've never heard of that argument before but if you're referring to what I said, I meant if you're looking for a party during Japanese peak hours. I've partied with some cool Japanese people before, but I've also had plenty of experiences of instances where I get invited in the party then dropped because they found out I can't speak Japanese (at least on my US version of the game), and tons of instances where they laugh in my face thinking I don't understand anything they say. But that's only a problem if you play through JPN peak hours, which I had to do quite often.

But anyways, I got to end game and level 75 just fine (it just took forever), got Fenrir, did HNMs, tu'lia, played a bit of Chains of Promathia before I quit. And this game does have the feel of a Final Fantasy. The music, the towns, the story, the level grinding, I never forgot that it was a FF I was playing. I'm sure most FF fans that hate this game just didn't want to have to pay to play.
    zhinse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By zhinse

The New update sounds really interesting and is making me think of going back, but its just a faint thought. I don't have the time anymore to invest myself into something so seriously. And its sad because i know i'm missing out on some really interesting stories and campaigns. It's a shame too because Vana D'iel is my favorite FF world and will probably always be, but i just have to move on. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.