Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Can we please remember how this game was actually received?

• 54 results
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#51  Edited By Video_Game_King

@CL60 said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I still say FF13 is a great game.

It is.

Wait, do we actually agree on something, for once?

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By biospank

most of the Japanese at 2chan hated it. There where none there that said it was good, they hated how linear it was and they said that lighting was a forgettable character, ect. And when FF13-2 they compared XIillia sales numbers with that game and then told how FF13-2 or square has failed and should never make something in the 13 universe.Also they said that the open world map was a cluster fuck to navigate.

As I person that only played a little of 13 and 13-2 I can only say why I quite playing the game. number on of the reasons was that the first one was too linear it did not even have the illusion of openness that I have been used to in jrpgs. The second reason was that one annoying character that I think was supposed to be the sexy one, I got really confused with her. Also the point that cringed my gears was the linearity you needed small inventive tricks to grind, by the way I did not go to the openness of the world which was half of the game or something.

With number 2 it was all better imo but the characters where not that interesting. I just stopped for some reason I cannot tell you why I just stopped playing it. It might have been because I dabbled between that and skyrim. But not quite sure on that part.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By toowalrus
    @Brendan

I just realized that I can't remember for the life of me who was the main villain in FF13. Was there one?

The Government.
    huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By huntad

The game is alright. I got extremely bored with it, because I got the mechanics down so fast that it just felt easy. I'm sure there are tough parts later on, but come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.