Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Final Fantasy XIII / Final Fantasy XIII-2 on PC

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Looking through my steam library I saw that I had a distinct lack of Final Fantasy games on PC so I decided to fill in some of those holes with both Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2 and oh boy was that a big mistake!

These two has to been some of the laziest pc ports I've EVER experienced, both XIII and XIII-2 struggle to keep the frame rate around 30 and that is on a computer that can run The Witcher 3 at a stable 60fps with everything on high.

The graphics settings are also a joke, you wanna change resolution? Sure! You can do that, you can even change the resolution of the shadows and the amount of anti aliasing! But....That is also it, no advanced graphics settings here!

To make matters even worse FFXIII-2 completely shuts down after around 15 minutes of play and freezes Steam, awesome right?

Buying these two just made me realize on thing...

No Caption Provided

Anyone else here who has made the same mistake as me and bought these two pieces of junks?

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

Remember that if you've played less than 2 hours of either one, you can return it.

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have both of them. I have played through them both. I have a ancient GTX285. Which does get more performance then it has any damn right to. It run pretty much all but the most intensive DX9 or DX10 supported titles.

Final Fantasy XIII worked perfectly for me. The frame rate was pretty stable throughout. Might have dropped during some massive spell effect but that was it. I believe the game is natively locked at 30FPS you could mod it to go to 60 but it would drop to 30 fps no matter what due to how the game was coded. It also originally didn't release with resolution settings.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 was definitely worse. The frame rate was all over the place. I believe they raised the fps cap to 60 due to feedback from XIII. But the game still have the same fundamental 30fps drops due to certain things in the code. It would also drop lower than that. I have also experienced some CTDs and game freezes when playing that game for really no rhyme or reason. Didn't seem dependent on anything. Sometime it would just work perfectly fine other time not.

I have played a bit of Lightening Returns. It seemed better from what little I played of it. It seemed to perform fine. I also believed it had more options. Seemed like a good standard PC release.

I have played a crap ton of the recent FFX/X-II HD remaster for the PC and it's a great PC port. No complaints at all they have learned their way around a PC now.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Sinusoidal

What most people don't realize about the XIII trilogy ports is that they're actually very well done ports. What's happening is: PCs have become sophisticated enough to recognize that the whole trilogy is an abomination that no one should have to experience and they're actually saving their owners from the severe mental anguish that nonsensical, clichéd plots and insanely dull characters can cause. The guy above me's GTX285 wasn't quite sophisticated enough to save him. Count yourself lucky OP.

Just kidding. Like the games themselves, the ports are also abominations cranked out by Squeenix for a quick buck.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

meh, it's not exactly the worst PC port I've seen. I still rank in PC Ports that lack exit to windows or still have controller button layouts are still are out there. ...... did you pay full price? Now that I'd say would be a HUGE MISTAKE.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By peacebrother

Also Final Fantasy XIII is trash, so consider yourself lucky that you didn't play more.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Eh I mean, bad port or worse console version? The alternative isn't better so while annoyed, it's still mostly a better version anyway. Atleast XIII. I haven't played any XIII-2 on console or pc.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

It's no Arkham Knight so I regret nothing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.