Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

New Trailers.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vidiot
    For Final Fantasy XIII

Versus XIII

Thoughts? Let me toss up mine while were at it:

Three years later since it's first trailer we get our second sampling of in game footage.

We still have no idea how it plays.

Instead we get another trailer of extended scenes of sequences we have already seen juxtaposed with new scenes that without context seem awkward to show. Cannons firing! At...what?... Is that cool? Looks like a really...big...thing...

The best part comes near the end where we finally see some new in-game footage. Briefly. Close ups on the main characters in-game. Square's engine of course looks incredibly solid, I really want to see more of that, I am fully aware of Square's ability to create phenomenal pre-rendered cool things. You don't have to win me over anymore on that, please let's move on.

Nice little homage in the beginning of the trailer to FFVII with the animals running about in the canyon. From an artistic and presentation side everything is nailed. I am very concerned over the actual game still. For something coming out next year the next trailer needs to desperately show how this thing is played. Hell, they could just show us an extended version of that battle footage back in 2006.

Agree? Disagree?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.