Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Superstar achievement (End boss spoilers)

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I am at Orphan right now and having a very tough time. I tried the strategy where you use only Medics, Saboteurs and Synergists and I still keep dying regardless of being in Med/Med/Med. Anyway, that's not what I'm asking... If I don't get the Superstar achievement (Kill final boss with 5-star rating) now, will I be able to fight him later or is this the ONLY time I can get that achievement?

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mwng

The 3rd phase? And yes you will be allowed to return easily once you have beaten him.

Edit: Just to expand a little, I think you only need to beat the 3rd phase with 5 stars for the achievement, which I found pretty easy even after struggling with the first 2. Also once complete the game will expand your crystarium to max and will spit you back out onto pulse with a portal that leads right back to the final boss. So if you don't manage to 5 star it first time around you can level up a bit and give it another shot.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Burns098356GX

I think its designed that you have to beat him at least once to get that achievement.

Phaseshift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Phaseshift

Getting that 5 star achivement on the first try is impossible(as far as i know) you need the gold watch from beating the final pulse mission in the game. The gold watch when equipped ups the time needed for 5 stars and thus hands you the achivement :)

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy
    @mwng said:
    " The 3rd phase? And yes you will be allowed to return easily once you have beaten him.  Edit: Just to expand a little, I think you only need to beat the 3rd phase with 5 stars for the achievement, which I found pretty easy even after struggling with the first 2. Also once complete the game will expand your crystarium to max and will spit you back out onto pulse with a portal that leads right back to the final boss. So if you don't manage to 5 star it first time around you can level up a bit and give it another shot. "
    SWEET, thanks a lot. I didn't know If I should go into it or not but I guess I will! thanks
    callik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By callik
    @Phaseshift said:

" Getting that 5 star achivement on the first try is impossible(as far as i know) you need the gold watch from beating the final pulse mission in the game. The gold watch when equipped ups the time needed for 5 stars and thus hands you the achivement :) "

I got it quite easily on the first try, 1:10 on a target of 2:15. Granted I had pretty much filled out primary stage 9 roles and had star tier 2 weapons but was still the easiest boss in the game tbh.

Since it does negligible damage anyway, start with RAV/SAB/SYN until you've done deprotect, deshell and possibly weak, then full RAV/RAV/RAV past stagger up to 900% then full COM/COM/COM. Fang and Light were both doing 99,999 a hit so it literally hit the floor in 3 bars.

Or, just go back and massacre it with a stage 10 crystarium =P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.