Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

To give up or not give up on the game...hmm (spoilers)

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

Again, SPOILER warning

I'll try to keep the rant short, because i actually quite like, if not love the game. But throw cheap tactics at me and i might just tell you to fuck off. Case in point, the return of Barthy on chapter 11... Doom? Really? I know previous bosses already used this (including the summons of course) but talk about a cheap way to make a fight artificially hard. And of course the fight is really long, so off to do it all again. Or not, like the topic says. 

See, my problem with shit like this is, I'm not 8 anymore. I can afford my own games. So you throw some arbitrary "DOOM" insta kill mechanic on me, on a fight that takes like 20minutes (or more? i didnt time it...it FELT like 3 hours long >_>), in a game that is already 40 hours long and wearing its welcome thin, and ill most likely say "fuck this shit, ill go play something else, i have multiple games to play square". 

Thats about it, like I said, I like the game, sometimes even love it, but im seriously about to quit it, because this is simply not fun for me. 

Feel free to tell me how much I suck at the game, hey, its probably true :D Time to cool off, ill ponder if ill sell the game or keep at it later when im calmer :D

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ch13696

Don't worry. You're not the only one. I was lucky to get him at the last 10 seconds of the Doom counter. Anyways, my rant is how come we don't get the Doom ability? I really want to be able to use it when I'm farming the Adamantoise. All the enemies get all the good stuff.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By groin

Honestly, the game gets even more frustrating in chapter 13. You are close to the end though so it depends on how invested you are .

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

I actually never encountered Barthandelus' Doom (My friend did, and I don't know why I didn't get it) but honestly if you're having trouble the best thing to do is to go grind for some CP. 

I got through this fight with Snow as my sentinel, Hope as my healer and Lightning as my commando. When I wanted to stack up the chain, I used Snow and Hope as Ravagers because I upgraded Snows' Soul Blazer to max (Feymark Tier2) so he was around the same Magic as Hope at that time. (Hope has since far surpassed him in Magic though)

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@xyzygy: I could grind some CP if you catch my drift ;)
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy
    @GetEveryone: Sounds like a great idea, I'll meet you in the lobby at 11.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @xyzygy said:
    "(My friend did, and I don't know why I didn't get it)  "
    I am not 100% sure (I'd say 90%) but I believe the doom is time based. It is simply an enrage timer for anyone familiar with WoW terminology. So if you do get it you need to speed your shit up.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ch13696
    @GetEveryone said:
    " @xyzygy: I could grind some CP if you catch my drift ;) "
    If that's what I'm thinking then you're sick.
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

He never used doom on me. 
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rhaknar

oh lol, the last boss has a PROPER instant death spell, much worse than doom... haha. fuck this shitty design, even if i do finish the game

Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Lambert

Give up. It is a shit game anyways.

Everyone will forget about this shitty game by the end of the year.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Lambert said:
    " Give up. It is a shit game anyways.  Everyone will forget about this shitty game by the end of the year. "
    nah, just finished it, its pretty good :D I stand by my hatred of the shitty instant death mechanics, but apart from that, I liked it a lot. Hell, I hadn't finished a Final Fantasy since 7, so there ya go :P 

Now, what to trade it in for...Resonance of Fate for probably more frustration on how hard it is, or Soni All Stars Racing for some relaxing lols?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.