Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

I Just Started

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Hey Duders, I just started playing this game. I signed up for the Ultros server so I could be a part of the giantbomb free company even . I'm playing on the PS3 and I wanted to know if you had any good tips for starting the game. I'm a level 8 Conjurer right now, working my way to a full fledged white mage.

I'm especially curious about things that I can't fix after they are done. Like point distribution or something like that. I've heard there is something about leveling chocobos particularly.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I haven't played in a while but the only thing I remember, and it's something I should've done, is to don't do quests that are way below your level. The reason for this is that your character can be every class/job, so you'll need those lower level quests when you level another class up to a certain level (it'll happen when you want to be, in your case since you're a conjurer, a white mage).

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chemystery said:

Hey Duders, I just started playing this game. I signed up for the Ultros server so I could be a part of the giantbomb free company even . I'm playing on the PS3 and I wanted to know if you had any good tips for starting the game. I'm a level 8 Conjurer right now, working my way to a full fledged white mage.

I'm especially curious about things that I can't fix after they are done. Like point distribution or something like that. I've heard there is something about leveling chocobos particularly.

What's your character's name?

ishinji32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your battle chocobo can go down any of three trees: tank, DPS, and healer. Each tree has passive traits and "active" skills (quotes because the chocobo is completely AI controlled, other than you telling it which role to use or to do whatever it wants) that cost skill points to unlock, and at maximum level there are just enough skill points to max out one tree. There is also currently no way to respec a chocobo, so whatever you pick is permanent.

You don't get your battle chocobo until level 30, so you'll have a while to figure out which role you want it to play. I'd personally go with tank if you're a conjurer - it gets a decent threat generating skill pretty early on, which allowed me to take on mobs 6+ levels above me when I was leveling arcanist.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By crithon

I let that 30 day free trail laps, so are most of the Giantbomb members on Ultros? PS3 or PC? I might come back, just shocked how quite PS3 gamers are considering on other PS3 games a lot of them will plug in a USB keyboard and type something. But yeah I was surprised how good it was, and I hate MMOs.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon: Over three hundred members now, though most of us are never on at the same time. Usually our peak times have us between 30-40 people playing actively at once. A good chunk however, haven't logged on in months. Platform-wise it's hard to say what most people are playing on. We're mostly mixed (hell I do both, and will get the PS4 version when it drops as well). It's probably safe to assume most are on the PC, but a substantial number of us are on PS3 as well.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By crithon

@snakelinksonic: sweet, I shall return and join you duders. Although PSN sales are sweet, I bought FF14 when it was 10 bucks so PS3 maybe.

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By chemystery

@snakelinksonic: Thail Ashlain is my character name. I just joined the Free Company tonight! I finally got a USB keyboard from my university's surplus store.

Jemcrystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was told to get a mount you have to level both class to 30 and do the main quest story line. I've been doing the main quest story line on a Conjurer. Healer is to easy to level. Even tho I wanted to be a Paladin when I started I'm to lazy to play my Glad. Seems to me like the tank does all the work and thinking. Like I said I'm lazy. Tho falling asleep healing seems to be a problem. I should have stopped leveling Conjurer at 15 I guess so it could become a Pally sub (I have no idea how to subclass btw). Anyway, is that right. I have to level up the main quest to get a mount?

I like the main quest story line but I feel uncomfortably driven to just get it done and over with so I can have my stuff.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jemcrystal: It's been a while since I played this game but I am pretty sure you do not need both classes at level 30. I think it was 30 and 15?

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was told to get a mount you have to level both class to 30 and do the main quest story line. I've been doing the main quest story line on a Conjurer. Healer is to easy to level. Even tho I wanted to be a Paladin when I started I'm to lazy to play my Glad. Seems to me like the tank does all the work and thinking. Like I said I'm lazy. Tho falling asleep healing seems to be a problem. I should have stopped leveling Conjurer at 15 I guess so it could become a Pally sub (I have no idea how to subclass btw). Anyway, is that right. I have to level up the main quest to get a mount?

I like the main quest story line but I feel uncomfortably driven to just get it done and over with so I can have my stuff.

To get a mount you only need to get a class to 20 and complete your first Primal battle.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cloudymusic

@jemcrystal said:

I should have stopped leveling Conjurer at 15 I guess so it could become a Pally sub (I have no idea how to subclass btw).

There aren't subclasses in the way that FFXI does it. You can use some (but not all) of the skills you've learned from a given class on all of your other classes. When you get to level 30 and you unlock Jobs, though, each Job can only use cross-class skills from two specific other classes.

You also need to get a secondary class leveled to 15 to unlock each particular Job. For Conjurer, you need 30 CNJ and 15 ACN (Arcanist) to be able to unlock White Mage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.