Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XV

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 29, 2016

The fifteenth entry in Square Enix's flagship RPG franchise, set in a world that mixes elements of modern technology with magic, a fantasy based on reality.

Question about Castlemark Tower ( maybe kinda sorta spoilery)

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just wanted to know if you can leave the dungeon and save before fighting the boss. I am afraid of doing so but also I am afraid of losing all the progress I have made in here.

Scottjay01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathshroud: If I remember you can if you want to go save your exp? But keep in mind doing that you'll have to fight through it again when you come back, Also what level are you and the guys?

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heck with it , I went back and saved . I will find out for sure in a few mins and report back

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scottjay01: So I figured it out... It does save the progress other then clearing the trash leading to the boss in the final tunnel. However if you have to reload your save it does not .. then you have to do the 3 mini boss rush part again. I had to figure that out the hard way . My game bugged out and would not spawn in my team members.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathshroud: yeah fuck that place , i had a bugged out camera that wouldnt respond to controls except in rare cases after warp striking , i spent way more time than i should have suffering through it to get to the FINAL block to push , only to be faced in the wrong direction so i couldnt activate it from my camera angle , i warped out , saved , reloaded , had to do it all again :/ ohwell that weapon was worth it

but fuck that place

Deathshroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@envane: I totally feel the same way . I hate to say this but I spent hours in there because of stuff like that.

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It hate the place because its enemies. The red giants and thunder bombs that spawn more bombs can fuck right off.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took me five runs to get it completed because I had the same camera issues. However, I had an issue where I warped striked an imp that happened to jump and I clipped through the wall, starting the next enemy encounter. I couldn't activate the next block so I had to start over again. Say what you will about chapter 13, but Costlemark has been the worst experience in the game for me. Cool dungeon though.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Fredchuckdave

It's a terrible piece of shit and underwent approximately zero testing. I have no issues with the enemies but the fights infinitely respawning that take 20-25 minutes if you're not a ridiculously high level is really fucking stupid. On top of that the ending can glitch out and you don't even get the royal arm/quest completion. I really like this game but this is just a horrifying piece of garbage content on the level of Laurence from Bloodborne.

Also: Camera glitch, party members not being with you in sections of the maze, teleporting out of bounds and magically appearing at the start of the dungeon, and having to refight at least 2-3 sets of Red Giants if you ever have to reload a save.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@fredchuckdave: I wonder if anyone who was designing that big open room after the block tunnels was actually testing it. Once you go there for the 3rd and 4th time there are 3-4 red giants and 1-2 Nagi. Even wearing the rings that make you immune to petrification and frog, there is not even half a second where you can stop holding the dodge button without getting staggered. One of the giants is always using gravity pull and the other god knows how many enemies are attacking at the same time. While all of this is happening, the bloom on all the giants' fire swords is so intense that it blinds the entire screen, so you can't actually see anything at all.

The only way I managed to get through those last 2 phases were to equip Shield of the Just and some kind of quintcast magic. Just spam magic and hold down the dodge button until it came off cooldown. There isn't time to do anything else.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@doctordonkey: Just abuse I-Frames from ability usage/have quick refill (same strategy works at any level vs anything that doesn't have magical damage; though if you don't care about phoenix down preservation it works in those cases as well) and use a lot of potions/elixirs; did do it at 56 without Ramuh getting bored and instant killing everything (seems like a 50/50 in a very long fight); of course then the end glitched out so I just spent my 300k exp bank and came back at 70 and it still took like 7 or 8 minutes; but the boss respawned somehow and dropped the royal arm. Of course then I went back for the hunt got to the end and the boss wasn't even there (the respawned version was not higher level); another journey of cubing and red giants awaits; almost 7 hours spent in this shithole. Shame because every other dungeon has been great (including Channels).

Incidentally most bugs in the game can be fixed by reloading which is generally good, but in this case it also refreshes the maze and generally forces you to fight at least one more set of giants.

Loading Video...

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Okay. So yeah. You guys are doing it the ABSURDLY HARD way. You only ever need to fight the single red giant and all the flan that come with him. The other 2 battles are punishments for failing the maze. Every now and then when you're moving blocks, you'll be at a point where you can pick one of two blocks to move. You basically just follow the minimap to the correct path. If you press a block in the direction of a dead end, you'll have to fight again. After 3 fights, the game basically just lets you skip the maze and straight to the fairly easy dungeon boss.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@shadow: The trigger for the maze conclusion (i.e. what square you can press) is random so you get one of four options, one of them will split to the correct path and an incorrect path (the other three always lead to red giants or an elevator up to the same room with the only option being going to red giants); but it's entirely possible to get 3 guaranteed to fail options in a row. You can get lucky with how it rolls and which ones you pick but you also can get screwed.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

@fredchuckdave: I think how it works is that the maze starts in the same state at first always and is affected by how you move blocks in previous failures. It resets totally when you reload a save though. I can absolutely guarantee that if you start (facing out from the teleporter) from the block on the far right and then do the one on the close right, you can get to the boss without seeing another red giant. Take the block down until the block above you moves to cover your exit and Prompto freaks out about that. At that point, you can go down again (for another fail state) or press a bock to the side. From there, it's just following the minimap. After a lot of tedius (but easy) minion fights, you'll get to the elevator to the real boss

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.