Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Pro Wrestling

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Sep 21, 2012

Spike puts a new spin on the legendary wrestling franchise by letting players fight with their 3D Xbox Avattars.

...This Thing Still Alive?

HPX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By HPX

There has been no news on this new Fire Pro game since it's announcement. I was just curious if anyone knew whether or not the project had been cancelled? And yes, I give a damn. Not sure why. Don't judge.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By KaneRobot

This just randomly came into my head today as well. I can only hope they canned it in favor of a true Fire Pro game release, but I know that's about as unlikely as it gets. If anything they probably cancelled it and that's the last we'll hear of it.

The last I saw of it was a video on Gamespot from PAX last year.

http://www.gamespot.com/fire-pro-wrestling/videos/fire-pro-wrestling-demo-6303627

I guess the one caveat there would be is if we haven't seen it because they decided to go back and completely rework it so it is vastly improved over the terrible-looking game shown in the video linked above. I'd be willing to at least give it a look.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By 71Ranchero

They should just put the Dreamcast version on XBLA and PSN.

johnzimmerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By johnzimmerman

agreed. or the ps2 version......

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KaneRobot

Jeff just put on Twitter that this thing is not dead, believe it or not.

I'm not brave enough to hope that the lengthy delay was because they were totally overhauling it to be a better product, but...at least it's something. I guess.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SteamPunkJin
    Generiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Generiko

The boxart was released along with some new screens. One features Black Hulk Hogan

http://playxbla.com/avatarfamestar/

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KaneRobot

...so September 21st? Can't believe this is actually coming out. If nothing else it'll be interesting to see how awful it is.

mattclassic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By mattclassic

Is this the one that's supposed to be heavily avatar-centric or some bullshit like that?

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By beargirl1

@MattClassic said:

Is this the one that's supposed to be heavily avatar-centric or some bullshit like that?

yes sir

Avatar image for legendarychopchop
    LegendaryChopChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if we can create our own avatar people within the game, as I don't want to use my avatar to wrestle.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

It's probably great.

maddman60620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By maddman60620

Just brought the game, its an ok easy to pick up and play basic wrestling game....singles & tag, no gimmick steel cage, tables or anything like that.. which would've been cool but dumb since its your avatar or some made up one doing the matches.. but it has the tame old school WWF Arcade or WWE All-Stars type feel to it, you have to play to unlock so it'll be awhile before I can see all the moves and what not.. I guess not until there a kick-starter to hire AKI to make a pro-wrestling sandbox Create-a-promotion game where you can make all your favorite wrestlers, gimmick matches and story what not... there will be nothing but the "madden series" rated TV PG WWE #? games and goofy type arcade games like this...

Would be nice if a more open game where to come along and fill that void that's missing in wrestling games, but I'm not sure if the demand is even there, I'm sure people would love it..

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KaneRobot

I guess it's fun on a very basic level, but this is still a crushing disappointment. It's a shame because there are a few hints of holy shit honest to goodness FIRE PRO WRESTLING in there. The customization options seem to be leaning in that direction. Not as deep as a true Fire Pro game, but pretty impressive for what is clearly a throwaway avatar game.

The gameplay is just way too bouncy and janky (and obviously not like Fire Pro). I can't imagine we'll ever get a real console Fire Pro game, at least in the US, ever again. It would be a sad fucking shame if THIS is what the general public remembers this franchise as.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just tried the Trial and I HATED it! The gameplay just feels... cheap.

Putting the hallowed Fire Pro name on this is an insult. Why couldn't they just port Fire Pro Wrestling D and maybe add online battles and the ability to share CAWs? That game is still amazing.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Akyho

I almost was feverish to get this today. I was melancholic and went..."Well...Fire Pro Wrestling I ALWAYS here as some legendary Wrestling game...I am in the mood for one.....and cheap. Lets check it out Avatars aside."

Researched and watched. Nope, this isnt a XBLA game it is an Avatar Indie game that someone actually put time into.

Sad for the legends of fire pro wrestling sounds awesome.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By metalmoog

I was excited to hear about a Fire Pro game finally coming to this gen of consoles until I saw this. Wish they would just release Fire Pro Returns on XBLA/PSN instead. That game is the only reason why I still ever turn on my PS2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.