Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Firewatch

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 09, 2016

A first-person mystery set in the Wyoming wilderness developed by Campo Santo, where the protagonist's only lifeline, emotionally and physically speaking, is the person on the other end of a handheld radio.

Wife's nationality?

JoystickJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoystickJunkie

Okay, first time posting on any forum, bit of a question that's been bugging me. I'll keep it as spoiler free as I can.

So early on in the game, you get a phone call from your wife. Not long after, you have a conversation with Delilah about your wife. The Henry in my game remarked she'd moved back with her parents to Melbourne, Australia.

Now I live in Melbourne, Australia and was like "Uh...wait, no one is ever from here in video games, what are you talking about?" Is everyone else's Julia in their games from Melbourne? Or is it like a location based, random thing? I know it's a weird question (probably a bit silly) but it really did just confuse me for a while walking around.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If it's voice acted I highly doubt it's location based.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@joystickjunkie: *My* Julia is in Melbourne too, and I'm on the other side of the world.

JoystickJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@dave_tacitus: @baronsamedi:Yeah I thought so - I kinda didn't think they'd be recording dialogue for locations around the world. Sweet, thanks guys! Cleared that one up.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I remember having the same thought playing Uncharted 2 when they quip about "that one thing" they did in Montreal.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

As a plot device, it's quite handy - If someone tells you to go and sit with your sick wife, you'll tell them that they're on a different continent.

redking56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You're right about one thing, Australians should be banned from being mentioned in Video Games forever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.